Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84

Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  (Read 53444 times)

Madflavor

• Doctor Doolittle
    • View Profile
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
« on: March 21, 2016, 11:59:11 PM »

Alright we're on the eve of review embargo being lifted, which should happen by 6pm tomorrow. Some of you know already that I love DC and want them to succeed really fucking bad. In fact some of you have trolled me on that. So that should clue you in that I mean what I'm about to say.

Given everything I've seen regarding reactions and wom, it doesn't sound like this will be the big break that DC fans are hoping for. I believe that honor will end up going to Suicide Squad IF it's good. But despite the mass of positive reactions (half of which are either studio plants or people overhyping the film after seeing it in the intensely positive atmosphere or premiere screenings), I'm hearing issues with the film from more level headed reviews. Issues regarding the story. Character motivations not being fleshed out enough, pacing problems, and sudden shift in tone at certain points. The acting, music, visuals, and actions scenes are being lauded as being really good, but typical Snyder-esque issues with how the story is told is what's gonna buttfuck this movie with the critics. You know that age old argument "Snyder is a good director! He just needs good material or a good screenwriter to support him!" Yeah that argument will be completely fucking dead after this film.

On the positive side those who are giving mixed reactions on the film are saying that they still think it's better than Man of Steel, so it doesn't look like this movie will be a Rotten like that film was. But it's definitely gonna be in the 60s. In other words Warner Bros fucked it up again, and yes I'm putting the blame on Warner Bros because they're the retards who thought they should hire Snyder again to do Batman v Superman. Best case scenario at this point will be a 75% on RT.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 12:02:33 AM by Madflavor »

Detective AP

• Global Moderator
  • The Big Mick
    • View Profile
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 12:22:40 AM »

I'll see it in two days.

DarthAlani

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 12:27:29 AM »

Seeing it on Friday. Like I have said before if Snyder fucks this up, he should be fired.

Abhilegend

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 12:32:39 AM »

Who cares about the critics? If the movie is good, its good.

If not, fuck Snyder and WB.

altoon

• Axel Foley
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 04:07:18 AM »

Alright we're on the eve of review embargo being lifted, which should happen by 6pm tomorrow. Some of you know already that I love DC and want them to succeed really fucking bad. In fact some of you have trolled me on that. So that should clue you in that I mean what I'm about to say.

Given everything I've seen regarding reactions and wom, it doesn't sound like this will be the big break that DC fans are hoping for. I believe that honor will end up going to Suicide Squad IF it's good. But despite the mass of positive reactions (half of which are either studio plants or people overhyping the film after seeing it in the intensely positive atmosphere or premiere screenings), I'm hearing issues with the film from more level headed reviews. Issues regarding the story. Character motivations not being fleshed out enough, pacing problems, and sudden shift in tone at certain points. The acting, music, visuals, and actions scenes are being lauded as being really good, but typical Snyder-esque issues with how the story is told is what's gonna buttfuck this movie with the critics. You know that age old argument "Snyder is a good director! He just needs good material or a good screenwriter to support him!" Yeah that argument will be completely fucking dead after this film.

On the positive side those who are giving mixed reactions on the film are saying that they still think it's better than Man of Steel, so it doesn't look like this movie will be a Rotten like that film was. But it's definitely gonna be in the 60s. In other words Warner Bros fucked it up again, and yes I'm putting the blame on Warner Bros because they're the retards who thought they should hire Snyder again to do Batman v Superman. Best case scenario at this point will be a 75% on RT.

I think the blame will be from them doing too much in one movie. Trying to set up everything else and not focusing on a good SvB movie.  Also agree on Suicide Squad probably ending up being the better movie

ShadowFaggot

• Axel Foley
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 04:32:40 AM »

Hmmm - a little surprised to hear this - i've been tying to get a feel for what the early word was and it seems to have been drowned, or summed up, in the sea of tweets from people who saw premieres declring it the most amazing movie ever. So, although these sorts of fan screening things do tend to skew positive, I have been getting used to the idea that it was probably going to be pretty good. Have seen you over at BOT in the spoiler thread so i guess you are more up to date.

Anyway genuinely hope its good and that those of you here who have been especially keen for it enjoy it personally at the very least. If its better than MOS (and not having WTF moments like Pa Kent/neck snap should make it better for most people regardless) then it should do very well. And then of course they can always do better in the future - Justice League would be a good place to start.

DarthAlani

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 04:49:06 AM »

Lots of positive reactions so far. Like always though your opinion is what should matter the most.

It's nice hearing the reactions but I will judge for myself.

Necro

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 06:32:51 AM »

Everything I'm hearing is saying that Batfleck is -the- definitive Batman, which sounds really great.
I also heard Wonder Woman kind of steals the show (Shades of Faora? Can we have these two wrestle naked in Mud yet?  R-rated seems to be ok for Warner!).

On the other hand there is a lot of talk about Superman being terrible in the film (which would be par of course with Snyder's record with him so far).

I am legit excited for Arkham Batfleck though. The trailer made his fight scenes look amazing.

DarthAlani

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 06:34:33 AM »

Some have said Superman is great in this film.  We will find out soon enough.

Necro

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 06:42:26 AM »

Yeah, but you are you, and you'd say Superman was great even if he'd suck a man's brain out through eye holes in this film.

As far as I am concerned Superman had not been gotten right since Superman 2. And that's been a while.

DarthAlani

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 06:58:29 AM »

I haven't seen the film yet, I'm just saying what I heard.

Detective AP

• Global Moderator
  • The Big Mick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 07:47:18 AM »

I heard a possible spoiler about how Batman and Superman finally put aside their differences and work together and I hope it's wrong because if it's right, then it will be really damn stupid.

Hamburglar

• Sherman Klump
  • I use naughty words
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 09:23:06 AM »

Holy shiiiiiit. This nigga is handing out concessions and the movie hasn't even released.
FUCKING DIGUSTING

Hamburglar

• Sherman Klump
  • I use naughty words
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 10:08:29 AM »

I heard a possible spoiler about how Batman and Superman finally put aside their differences and work together and I hope it's wrong because if it's right, then it will be really damn stupid.

But the title says "VERSUS"!! I actually heard a rumour that Superman carries Batman's head in one hand and then Batman smiles at the camera.
FUCKING DIGUSTING

Insane Titan

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 11:04:18 AM »

Madflavor is safadoing the fuck out of thread.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84