Herochat

Batman vs. Punisher hth dirty.

AP

• +116/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Batman vs. Punisher hth dirty.
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 10:42:10 PM »
Outside of DKR, I'm sure Batman has gotten into scraps while in the mud or something similar.

Mightily Oats

• +77/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 10:51:12 PM »
you guys don't think fighting hip deep in mud doesn't help frank in this situation? I can see giving it to bats, and I agree on raw skill bats is way ahead, but this isn't a situation that favors MA type skill.
not really, no.

It will be just like the DD fight where both were fighting like Frank.

He's going to get more licks in than he normally would, and do more damage, but ultimately, Batman is both better at punching, and at taking punches.

He might inflict a serious injury or two, if he's lucky, but he ain't winning

nu-safado

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 01:37:06 AM »
I think the mud would favor batman because I just see Batman as a very precise fighter - Frank would be outmatched in skill and would likely use pure aggression to get his shot isn - thats batmans fight, precise, letting the other guy do aggressive things and making him pay for it, setting traps that the other fighter falls into - making himself look vulnerable when hes really preparing a counter - I know Fran does that really well, I just think that Bstman does it better

Thinking about it, I'd guess that one thing that keeps Frank from being better than a B+ or A- (high school follows you for LIFE) is that he uses guns and killing weapons - all the other top tier HTH guys are obligated to use gadetry and HTH fighting skills because they dontkill or use firearms. They have to spend all their time in every other skill besides what Frank would

He simply cant put the time in that batman would, or Nightwing, or Daredevil, or cap  do to HTH- those guys have gadet and skills - frank has those skills but at the end of the day he'll always go back to a kalshnikov and a grenade when given the chance

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 02:38:20 AM »
The mud will not change the outcome.

Batman's technical superiority doesn't just come in the form of backflips or crescent kicks that would be hampered by the mud. It also means precise nerve strikes, better defense, a wider library of submission holds, superior H2H tactics, etc. The mud won't change that. Hell, just look at the mud fight in TDKR. Over-the-hill Batman was facing a younger, stronger, opponent and won because of these very things. Or in other words, the mud will hamper the Punisher more than it will Batman.

And even if Batman decided to be a retard and just slugged it out with the Punisher, he'd still win. Because for all the awesome damage soak and striking power that the Punisher has, Batman has him beat in these categories as well.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Deadpool

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 03:46:59 PM »
bats is just a thug in a punisher comic frank wins