Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124]

Author Topic: Raw/Smackdown thread  (Read 72020 times)

Propeus The Fallen

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
Re: Raw/Smackdown thread
« Reply #1845 on: April 21, 2017, 06:36:59 AM »

Hey, I thought Orton was going to RKO on him on the spot, so he got off easy. :)

And I think I'm not as upset as most about Jinder winning because at least it wasn't ****ing Mojo. I hate him. I hate his friend Gronk. I hate how he has no personality save for spazzed up idiot. I hate that he can't wrestle. I hate that I know that he'll have a match every week because some jackass in the back likes him!!

Bray's problem is that he's all talk. He says he's going to corrupt this or that and then he doesn't. He fails. And his character is basically the same guy saying the same nonsense over and over.

Well, the current WM plan is Reigns vs Lesnar. Me, I'd book Styles vs Nakamura since both are insanely over and the match would be amazing...but I guess the rematch of the two move wonders will have to do. :)

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: April 21, 2017, 11:03:51 AM »

You nailed it on Bray. The gimmick got old to me after his 3rd or 4th promo, TBH.
Like i said, if he'd repped the new era at WM, then i'd be invested (though still skipping his promos).

Reigns/lesnar. Gack.
The one new era guy they constantly push (and and push) is the one no one wants.

Propeus The Fallen

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: April 22, 2017, 01:10:08 PM »

Well, to be fair, it did work with Triple H as we, the fans decided, F it. We didn't have a choice. Of course that was a time when we didn't have as much stuff to do instead or watch. A dark time of no Netflix, giant phones on walls, and game boys that were like a gray brick.

And to Reigns credit, at least it's not as bad compared to Triple H. Seriously, one Smackdown was just Triple H wrestling. I did not need to see Triple H vs Phineas Godwin and Mabel in a casket match. With Triple H he was on nearly every other match in some way. At least Reigns goes away after we have to deal with him for a bit. :)

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 02, 2017, 06:36:13 AM »

Bliss asserting dominance over peons to open the show. Miz walking off a conqueror to close it.

That is how you book a great Raw.

Sig : Sara Jean Underwood

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 02, 2017, 09:53:57 AM »

Which means it was not intentional.

No offense to Otunga, but i love Booker on commentary.
He's colorful, and straight up fair in his opinions, like backing Cesaro/Sheamus going heel, while still being a 'face' himself (not putting down all than favorites out of hand).

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 03, 2017, 01:48:53 PM »

SD was overall meh, aside from the women's match & main event.
Mahal does not make a compelling contender with his tired evil foreigner routine.

Imperial

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: May 03, 2017, 09:15:17 PM »

Jericho's latest run was great though.

The product will be poorer for his exit. Guy always manages to adjust and stay fresh despite a quarter century career.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 03, 2017, 09:17:29 PM »

Yes he does.
He's sneaky like that. You think his shtick is tired, and then you realize, damn i'm into this!

Propeus The Fallen

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 04, 2017, 12:00:00 AM »

I think is Jericho is given something stupid and he eventually gets it over.

And...am I seriously supposed to believe Nattie, Tamina, and Carmella stand a chance against Becky Lynch (she's the best she goes first), Naomi, and Charlotte?

And I know some people have talked about JBL became world champion. Well, the JBL character was great. Jinder is "me foreign you hate me" and it doesn't help that his offense is stuff you'd see from some jabroni on the local circuit.

I just haven't been feeling Smackdown since the talent swap...and where the hell is Luke Harper?!

Imperial

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 04, 2017, 01:26:50 AM »

And...am I seriously supposed to believe Nattie, Tamina, and Carmella stand a chance against Becky Lynch (she's the best she goes first), Naomi, and Charlotte?

Could not agree more. I said this earlier today at another forum. The Champion and perceived top two otherwise are all on the same side. Against basically a team of lower carders. (And I like Carmella.)

I just haven't been feeling Smackdown since the talent swap...and where the hell is Luke Harper?!

Yeah, he was starting to do something relevant and then..........gone.

Propeus The Fallen

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: May 04, 2017, 02:08:25 AM »

He should be the one challenging Orton. I like where they were going with Harper as a still crazy guy, but now broken free of the clutches of evil. And there is history with the two that's interesting: Orton did trick him and make his life worse...but he also got him out of a cult.

Instead...Jinder. Who the fans didn't even bother to boo when he won.

Also, Breezango was great in the police skit. Real Estate Fraud with the Calons pic. I hope they get a chance--but if Vince sees  you as a jobber, you're a jobber no matter what.

Also, if you are the most over superstar on the roster and could make the crazy bastard millions of dollars, but he doesn't want you to be the star, he won't let the WWE doctor clear you--even though every other doctor has--and you get to waste your time being a GM on the B-Show.

And the same goes for Becky Lynch. I can't even remember when a current WWE wrestler got cheered over the returning wrestler, but it happened with Mickie James. She's also the best on the mic and has gotten good matches out of Tamina! Tamina, who I'm pretty sure only moves are: stand and kick. But Charlotte is a tall blond that McMahon likes and a Flair that Triple H REALLLY Likes. :)

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 09, 2017, 10:26:38 AM »

HaHa, Sheamus & Cesaro OWNED the tag team division last night. Truly, a great bit of booking.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124]