Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 80

Author Topic: Raw/Smackdown thread  (Read 75107 times)

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • Norbit
    • View Profile
Re: Raw thread
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 02:14:32 PM »

Rusev could continue getting bigtime heat by beating Dolph Ziggler. The fans like Dolph and I'm betting the matches between them would be pretty sweet.

My best guess though is that after he beats Big Show, Rusev may be on to Shaemus. It's either Rusev or Miz for Shaemus next. I thought they would drag out Rusev eventually going over Show until at least HiaC. That could still go down but Rusev is going to face Show on Raw monday. Have to see how that turns out first.

LiquidSailor

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 08:48:06 PM »

A shame Show wont beat him.

How is that a shame?  What would be the point?
DIGUSTING

Imperial

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 10:00:33 PM »

Show will get his heat back by beating Mark Henry after their inevitable split.  :D

Meanwhile Rusev should be another step closer to becoming their big monster heel of the future. Main guy I am a bit worried about there is 

Necro

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2014, 02:58:58 AM »

Show will get his heat back by beating Mark Henry after their inevitable split.  :D

Meanwhile Rusev should be another step closer to becoming their big monster heel of the future. Main guy I am a bit worried about there is 

So, I watched Smackdown, and, am I the only one worried whenever Sina talks his opponent up?
He did the same thing with literally everyone he faced, and each time he buried them hardcore after.

On a sidenote, the match of Sina v.s Ambrose has the contract hanging from above.
Perfect timing for Bray Wyatt to come in and snatch it up at the height of the match.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 03:00:38 AM by Necro »

Imperial

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2014, 06:18:22 AM »

If one dislikes what Cena has become, much of the blame goes on decisions years ago to focus on kidding the product down even more. It helped turn Cena into the wrestling version of a simplistic repetitious cartoon character. It also sticks the product with someone that Vince and Co. are afraid to allow others to look peerish to even when it makes sense to do so. Instead it's tap down the up and comers and put out t-shirts and hats in masses of colors as a central strategy.

LiquidSailor

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 08:10:26 PM »

10/13 RAW

Cena is screaming again.  Nobody cares.
DIGUSTING

LiquidSailor

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 08:34:58 PM »

Same exact match we've seen 50 times already.  Except it was a triple threat, but really it wasn't.
DIGUSTING

Necro

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 08:51:14 PM »

Welp, they pretty much confirmed now that Dean will lose against Cena, and then fight and win against Orton, because not even the WWE can be dense enough to think we want -yet- another Cena/Orton match.

Wyatt Promo.
He set his guys free again, and then we got a shot of a pregnant woman's stomach with "It's coming" written on it.
Now that is curious.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:53:08 PM by Necro »

LiquidSailor

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 11:50:51 PM »

CENA VS ORTON!!!!!!!!!
DIGUSTING

Necro

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 02:39:37 AM »

I quite liked Orton vs. Ziggler.
I was surprised about the quality of the match, as well as the storytelling.
I am not sure anyone will share that opinion, considering how hated Orton seems to be, but...

The budding rivalry between Rollins and Orton is something I find rather interesting as well.
I'd be ok with seeing these two getting into it.

Although... anyone else irritated how they used the current belt holders to make certain people look good?
Dust brothers being pinned by Cena/Ambrose, IC belt holder pinned by Orton.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:52:04 AM by Necro »

Imperial

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2014, 04:12:52 AM »

I too thought Randy's match with with Dolph was nice. I don't even disagree with the result. Ziggler is probably never going to be seen as an elite guy by Vince and keeping Randy credible is just more important atm. A win over Ziggy here makes sense.

What you said at the bottom though is what bothers me some. The midcard belts just look like shit. The tag, IC, and U.S. title holders all lost on the same show. I get Shaemus to a point since they wanted to feud him and Miz months ago and that seems where they are heading now. Sides Miz brings controversy to a belt and the U.S. strap is dead under Shaemus. But the Usos could have take the pin in the tag three way and Dolph does not really need the IC belt to be fed to guys higher up the card.

Speed of Zound

• Mushu
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 04:17:44 AM »

Wonderful how being IC Champ has in no discernible way improved his standing  :'(
And yet you got Sheanus holding the belt doing nothing; not ever building up a feud with a red-hot monster heel whos entire shtick is that he hates Amerika

EDIT : A fan took a selfie with Ziggler when he was leaning against the barricade. I'm totes jelly.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:37:28 AM by Speed of Zound »

Imperial

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2014, 04:38:33 AM »

Shaemus and Rusev could have some good matches too I bet. I was kind of hoping Rusev would win the U.S. belt and then rebrand it the Russian Federation Championship or something along those lines.

Then again given how badly most midcard belt holders have fared in recent times and that I view Rusev as a future star if they handle him well, maybe it's for the best he just keeps kicking ass and doesn't win what usually amounts to a deadend title.

Speed of Zound

• Mushu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2014, 04:43:09 AM »

Shaemus and Rusev could have some good matches too I bet. I was kind of hoping Rusev would win the U.S. belt and then rebrand it the Russian Federation Championship or something along those lines.

Then again given how badly most midcard belt holders have fared in recent times and that I view Rusev as a future star if they handle him well, maybe it's for the best he just keeps kicking ass and doesn't win what usually amounts to a deadend title.
Eh, he might be able to bring some prestige to the belt. Maybe get some more Russian wrestlers for goons and star up a Soviet Nation of Domination. Probably end up getting buried by Cena.

Imperial

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2014, 04:52:12 AM »

Eh, he might be able to bring some prestige to the belt. Maybe get some more Russian wrestlers for goons and star up a Soviet Nation of Domination. Probably end up getting buried by Cena.

I worry a tad about John eventually burying Rusev and I don't see a good reason for it.

Cena does not need another scalp. Otoh the E do need some monster/physically imposing heels for the future. Their current group is either already finished, part-time, or will be gone soon.

Besides I want to keep seeing Lana doing something worthwhile, ie managing. She is good at it and the divas division is all but career death these days.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 80