Herochat

Raw/Smackdown thread

Propeus The Fallen

• +30/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Raw/Smackdown thread
« Reply #1620 on: April 22, 2018, 01:35:33 AM »
Look, I don't like Baron Corbin--but even I admit he's ten times better than Jinder! Jinder wrestles the same damn match every time. I've seen the man blow his finisher--and it's the most generic finishing move of all. And every match has the same finish. Why? Because he's limited as hell. He's got the same work rate as enhancement talent.

At least with Corbin I can see actual work rate. I might actually see something different. And at least when you put him in with talented people he can hold his own. The best Jinder has done is with AJ Styles...and even AJ can't get him above two stars. And the man put on a great match with Shane "worst punches ever" McMahon! And AJ--save maybe if Bryan can still go--is hands down the best wrestler in the WWE right now.

And I'll give Corbin this. When he wrestled as a face against KO...he looked his best. Weird, but maybe that should be the direction he should be going as a tweener.

And just look at crowd reactions. When Jinder wins the crowds are just silent because they are rejecting the reality the WWE is forced up them. With Baron he gets the right heat.

And Becky isn't a jobber. She's unfortunately upper midcard. And I'll admit it--for some reason below the only other midcarder Naomi. Road Dog loves himself some Naomi like he loves not being able to properly book a show, I guess. :)

And Jinder isn't the default main event heel. Neither is Corbin.

Might as well rank 'em.

1. Brock Lesnar. Current champion. I mean, yeah he hardly shows up, but even I have to admit him being an ultra prick and attacking a handcuffed Reigns was a pretty awesome heel move.

2. Sami Zayne. Looks like he's posed to be one of Stephanie's boys and was one of the top heels on SD with Kevin Owens.

3 Kevin Owens. Ditto.

4. Ellias. He's in this weird spot where he's upper middle card.

5. Corbin. Better than Jinder.

6. Mahal. He sucks.

And I'm going to wait for Ziggler and Drew because at best the will be ahead of Elias at worst probably behind Corbin. Also need to see what they do with Jordan as he was really starting to come on as a heel before he got hurt.

Propeus The Fallen

• +30/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: April 22, 2018, 01:42:28 AM »
Oh hell forgot Bobby Lashley. On Impact, he was dominant like a Brock Lesnar who showed up to work ever week. Turn him heel and other top heel. I mean, he's forty, but still a very good option.

Riv1

• +55/-1042
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: April 22, 2018, 06:28:44 AM »
My SSU thoughts...

https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/04/21/shakers-gonna-shake-the-2018-wwe-superstar-shakeup/
^^^Well done!

I kind of agree w. Both you and Prop, in that i believe Jinder sucks ass, but moving him to RAW is a good move, like you said.
If anything he’ll do less damage there.

My question was on how you see the tag team division on both shows, and you more or less covered it.
Sad news on Sheamus though, its the first i’m hearing about a neck injury.
The Bar is/was an unexpectedly great tag team. They’ll have a good legacy if anything.
Looking at both shows as a whole, the division’s deeper than its been in years, but none of them (aside from the split Benjamin/Gable) capture my imagination the way The Bar do, aside from The Usos, to a lesser degree.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:42:30 AM by Riv1 »

SCOURGEBREAKING
SINCE JULY 2017

Not BAMF

• +19/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 22, 2018, 11:25:17 AM »
That's the news that's been floating around about Sheamus, but I'm not 100% sure if it's true. Basically, from what I've read, he has an early version of what Edge has. Now, if that's true, I'm not sure why he isn't retiring now, but I've heard that retirement is inevitable and imminent. He's just riding out the last time he has left before he has no choice.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/08/14/show-8-14-18-sweethearty-summer/ (Guest starring our wives to talk about Luke Cage S2 and The Long Halloween!)

Riv1

• +55/-1042
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 22, 2018, 12:52:33 PM »
:(

SCOURGEBREAKING
SINCE JULY 2017

Propeus The Fallen

• +30/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: April 22, 2018, 04:58:12 PM »
Don't be sad, RIV. I've heard about this since about mid 2017. From what I remember, it's actually a much better version of what took Edge out as he's been doing rehab for it. And the WWE has kept him pretty safe (keeping him out of the ring, less tour time, wrestling in tag and mix tag matches)

There is hope for him. As long as he doesn't wrestle Sasha Banks :)

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 22, 2018, 05:05:01 PM »
I hope Owens and Zayn work out better on Raw than they did on Smackdown. Cause for all the raw talent, their act didn't really click there.
Sig : Kiki Passo

Riv1

• +55/-1042
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: April 22, 2018, 05:35:17 PM »
I can see them doing well. They seem to make their own luck.

SCOURGEBREAKING
SINCE JULY 2017

therock

• +43/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: April 23, 2018, 08:38:24 PM »
from the audience reaction looks like people getting tired of Brock..to the point Paul heyman cant pushed him

I saw a pissed of look on his face

But they may cheer a bit when beating up reings...hate for roman trumps all

Riv1

• +55/-1042
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: April 24, 2018, 06:37:39 AM »
You know, if the cruiserweight division was worth even half a shit, i’d opt for Chad Gable to go there and dominate it.
As it isnt, he’s better off on the main roster, and even teaming back up with (ugh) Jordan. Also, he needs a haircut and wardrobe change. The singlet just doesnt work for me.

SCOURGEBREAKING
SINCE JULY 2017

Riv1

• +55/-1042
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: April 28, 2018, 06:15:11 AM »
RAW & SD will be interesting to watch after that weird ass. Mostly disappointing PPV.

Wondering if Titus O'Neil will keep that fucking awesome slip & slide entrance...   

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 06:17:00 AM by Riv1 »

SCOURGEBREAKING
SINCE JULY 2017

Propeus The Fallen

• +30/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 22, 2018, 11:34:05 AM »
Few questions. Why does Corbin get new music? He seems to get new music ever other month.

Why not do a double turn. Turn Bobby Roode heel and Elias face. I mean, the fans want to cheer Elias (and honestly, how can he be a heel and play a musical instrument so darn well) and Roode is just way better as a heel.

I never called Nia Jax lazy. I said she's horrible in the wrong, worse on the mic, and her selling makes me laugh. She's kind of like a slightly upgraded Tamina. :)

Riv1

• +55/-1042
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 24, 2018, 07:43:31 AM »
Cuz his music sucks.

Cuz WWE.

That last one wasnt a question.

SCOURGEBREAKING
SINCE JULY 2017

Propeus The Fallen

• +30/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 29, 2018, 02:44:24 AM »
I don't think his has ever been bad. WWE Music guy is awesome.

And after watching this RAW....so Alexa Bliss was right? Nia is a bully. And Rousey is a lousy human being, not only does she not help the poor jobber being killed, she's smiling and joking like a jackass. I'll tell you one thing, Rhonda, if Piper saw someone getting totally destroyed, he'd get his skirt up and be a hero!

Bobby Roode is a loser.

So Bobby's sisters vs the B-Team BBQ which is worse? Better question? WHY DO I HAVE TO SEE THIS IN 2018?! Oh, yeah, and insane old man thinks its funny.

Am I the only one who's noticed that when there's a black announcer--he's treated like a joke and mocked over the entire show?

"Jinder really prepared for this match." How the hell would I know? He wrestles the same damn match because he has the moveset of enhancement talent!

Seriously, can we not have Nia talk on the mic again? It's been years and I swear, she only gets worse. Heck, can we just be done with Nia?

Apparently WWE creative has no idea what to do with AoP or Insanity? Seriously, how hard is it to book the AoP to kill jobbers for a few weeks, move on up to the other tag teams, win titles?

Man, is WWE boring. The only fun part of WWE is whenever Braun gets angry and throws stuff/other people around. And Seth Rollins.

Riv1

• +55/-1042
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 29, 2018, 05:34:09 AM »
Seth pulled a surprisingly good match out of Jinder, actually.

The women’s stuff bored me, and once Bayley lost i didnt care.
But yes, Alexa was right, i never doubted her.

Braun throwing that ladder was scary.

Roode is a loser, yes.

SCOURGEBREAKING
SINCE JULY 2017