Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 124

Author Topic: Raw/Smackdown thread  (Read 69224 times)

Necro

• Stonemason
  • "Behold my mighty hand!"
    • View Profile
Re: Raw thread
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 07:30:46 AM »

1. I think Lesnar getting the title was a great idea, since it puts a lot of weight back on it.
Lesnar is also depicted as a serious monster, so, whoever will beat him, will have a HUGE amount of cred.

2. Sina's shoulder tackle looks so fucking sad and weak, it's not even funny.

3. Ambrose is the goddamn best thing to happen to the WWE in YEARS.
This guy is straight amazing. I'm talking "Stone Cold For The Current Era" level amazing.
If the WWE doesn't mess this up, they have a HUGE guy here.

4. He's going to feed Sina at HIAC something fierce, and it'll probably kill all of his momentum.

5. Seth Rollins is a fantastic, smug villain, who also is a great wrestler.
This guy will go places, if WWE doesn't mess this up.

What this episode of RAW showed me is that the -next- Generation is ready, and is fantastic, on the mic, in the ring and with what ideas they come up.
I mean, fucking roll over, Hotdog vendor Wolverine, we have Hotdog Vendor Ambrose now!

Additional thoughts to HELL IN A CELL.

Sina will win over Ambrose cleanly.
Wrestling sites have reported extensively about Vince aggressive need to make Cena look strong again, after he got so devastated by Lesnar, which explains why he did run roughshod over the Wyatts a half dozen times since then, then he lost the rematch as well.
That it was due to interference doesn't matter. Vince will not have him lose 3 PPVs in a row, and to look strong he needs to win cleanly.
So, Ambrose is the sacrificial goat here.

Then the match against Seth Rollins.
Only two options.
1. He'll WIN due to outside interference (Orton/Kane); or
2. He'll LOSE due to outside interference (Ambrose).

There's no other choice here.
Vince is not imaginative to come up with anything else.
Most likely it'll be Ambrose, so they can keep pushing Cena/Ambrose feud for a while, and have Sina properly bury the new-up-comer.
Then he'll do the same to Rollins.

Personally I'd love for Bray Wyatt somehow entering the HIAC match, and being the dark horse, coming out as the winner, leaving everyone shocked (Sina, Ambrose, Rollins), and making things unpredictable again.

Not going to happen though.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:13:22 AM by Necro »

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 07:38:19 AM »

Ha. That would be nice, though.

Necro

• Stonemason
  • "Behold my mighty hand!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 08:18:48 AM »

The best from tonights RAW

The best
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:35:17 AM by Necro »

Bandido

• Stonemason
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 04:21:47 PM »

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 10:41:22 PM »

Rusev took the mic, my kid just said " bad idea, guy. You are not matching words with the Rock..." :)

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 11:04:44 PM »

damm necro signiture remind me how insanly buff Stephanie is

not that I am complain, she still hot. But do her whole family just constantly challenge each other in arm curl competitions.

Bandido

• Stonemason
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 04:00:34 AM »

Rusev took the mic, my kid just said " bad idea, guy. You are not matching words with the Rock..." :)
Your kids a hero.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 04:14:24 AM »

He's a shmuck. But he got that part right. Rock verbally kicked Rusev's ass!

LordofBrooklyn

• Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 02:41:22 AM »

Completely pointless.  Bring in the Rock to talk shit and then vanish for a few years.

This is why Punk left.

If that is indeed the reason why Punk left, he is a bit of an egomaniac.

The Rock came here on Monday and Brooklyn is still buzzing about his appearance!

That is charisma. That is star power. That is the mark of an icon.

If the Rock was being forced upon the audience in the way that Punk is contending then The Rock would never be embraced the way he is. The fact that people like The Rock, Austin, Lesnar and to a lesser extent Y2J can all come back and own the spotlight is an indictment of the present stars. Not a reflection of Punk being buried.

Could you imagine any of the aforementiond stars being outshined by their predecessors in their prime?

Rock, Austin, HBK, Y2J, RVD, Angle etc. they all held their spot when older stars came back for a run. Punk has to admit to himself that he is not on the level of the all-time greats, at least not yet.

LiquidSailor

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 02:46:06 AM »

Completely pointless.  Bring in the Rock to talk shit and then vanish for a few years.

This is why Punk left.

If that is indeed the reason why Punk left, he is a bit of an egomaniac.

The Rock came here on Monday and Brooklyn is still buzzing about his appearance!

That is charisma. That is star power. That is the mark of an icon.

If the Rock was being forced upon the audience in the way that Punk is contending then The Rock would never be embraced the way he is. The fact that people like The Rock, Austin, Lesnar and to a lesser extent Y2J can all come back and own the spotlight is an indictment of the present stars. Not a reflection of Punk being buried.

Could you imagine any of the aforementiond stars being outshined by their predecessors in their prime?

Rock, Austin, HBK, Y2J, RVD, Angle etc. they all held their spot when older stars came back for a run. Punk has to admit to himself that he is not on the level of the all-time greats, at least not yet.

It has more to do with the fact that WWE relies on its old greats rather than create new ones.  What modern WWE personality has the power over the audience that The Rock, Austin, Angle, HBK, etc have over the audience?

The WWE refuses to use and advance the talent is has, and create names as big as the ones you and I mentioned above.  They'd rather bring back Batista to win the rumble last  year, for example.

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 06:11:40 AM »

Daniel bryant pretty up there

LiquidSailor

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 06:17:35 AM »

...Which only happened because WWE literally had no other choice.

Rumor is they did it to piss Punk off.  Sort of like a "this could have been you" in reaction to him leaving.

And he isn't anywhere near the level of the people I mentioned yet.  If he even comes back from injury, the fucking hippie.

LiquidSailor

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 06:27:30 AM »

Plus it didn't help that PPV sales were in the shitter.  Then again, how many times do they think people can watch a title swapping fest between Cena, Orton, and Sheamus?  That's all we were getting until DB came up in the world.  And those PPVs sucked too because of the constant screwing with fans with the results.  DB fought Orton like, three PPVs in a row and most of them had bullshit results, or a title being taken away the next day.

Then we unify the belts for no reason, and it takes almost a year before they finally just make a new belt and throw the other one in the trash.

The downside there is one of the guys who would normally be holding one of the belts that got unified, takes away a belt that was meant for people who matter.  That being Sheamus with the US title or whatever the fuck he has now.  Which was previously held by a shield member for like 5 years who never had to defend it, and people forgot it existed because of that.

Jesus WWE fucking sucks.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 06:33:34 AM »

WWE could be better.

I wanted to comment on the Rock/Bryan stuff.

WWE cant make a Rock, or an Austin etc. or eve a Bryan. Only the fans can.
WWE can just put guys out there, and even then, smarks complain about people being over pushed.

LiquidSailor

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2014, 06:37:35 AM »

WWE could be better.

I wanted to comment on the Rock/Bryan stuff.

WWE cant make a Rock, or an Austin etc. or eve a Bryan. Only the fans can.
WWE can just put guys out there, and even then, smarks complain about people being over pushed.

Because they won't push anyone the fans like! 

Cena is their top guy, who everyone over eight years old hates.  Orton is a good bad guy, but again, with the top spot limited to so few people, it doesn't work.

Finally we are building up each individual Shield member, but more needs to be done.  And it is too soon to tell if anything will come of it.  Look at what Bray Wyatt was when he began, and what he's become now.  Pointless feuds that did nothing for his character, and now he's a nobody again.

Rusev is a beast, and he's stuck fighting losers like Mark Henry and Big Show, two guys who already had a long career and don't need to be advanced by beating him. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 124