Re: Raw thread
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 12:21:47 PM »

therock

• +27/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 07:04:44 PM »
damm necro signiture remind me how insanly buff Stephanie is

not that I am complain, she still hot. But do her whole family just constantly challenge each other in arm curl competitions.

Bandido

• +6/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 12:00:34 AM »
Rusev took the mic, my kid just said " bad idea, guy. You are not matching words with the Rock..." :)
Your kids a hero.

LordofBrooklyn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 10:41:22 PM »
Completely pointless.  Bring in the Rock to talk shit and then vanish for a few years.

This is why Punk left.

If that is indeed the reason why Punk left, he is a bit of an egomaniac.

The Rock came here on Monday and Brooklyn is still buzzing about his appearance!

That is charisma. That is star power. That is the mark of an icon.

If the Rock was being forced upon the audience in the way that Punk is contending then The Rock would never be embraced the way he is. The fact that people like The Rock, Austin, Lesnar and to a lesser extent Y2J can all come back and own the spotlight is an indictment of the present stars. Not a reflection of Punk being buried.

Could you imagine any of the aforementiond stars being outshined by their predecessors in their prime?

Rock, Austin, HBK, Y2J, RVD, Angle etc. they all held their spot when older stars came back for a run. Punk has to admit to himself that he is not on the level of the all-time greats, at least not yet.

LiquidSailor

• +52/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 10:46:06 PM »
Completely pointless.  Bring in the Rock to talk shit and then vanish for a few years.

This is why Punk left.

If that is indeed the reason why Punk left, he is a bit of an egomaniac.

The Rock came here on Monday and Brooklyn is still buzzing about his appearance!

That is charisma. That is star power. That is the mark of an icon.

If the Rock was being forced upon the audience in the way that Punk is contending then The Rock would never be embraced the way he is. The fact that people like The Rock, Austin, Lesnar and to a lesser extent Y2J can all come back and own the spotlight is an indictment of the present stars. Not a reflection of Punk being buried.

Could you imagine any of the aforementiond stars being outshined by their predecessors in their prime?

Rock, Austin, HBK, Y2J, RVD, Angle etc. they all held their spot when older stars came back for a run. Punk has to admit to himself that he is not on the level of the all-time greats, at least not yet.

It has more to do with the fact that WWE relies on its old greats rather than create new ones.  What modern WWE personality has the power over the audience that The Rock, Austin, Angle, HBK, etc have over the audience?

The WWE refuses to use and advance the talent is has, and create names as big as the ones you and I mentioned above.  They'd rather bring back Batista to win the rumble last  year, for example.

DIGUSTING

therock

• +27/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 02:11:40 AM »
Daniel bryant pretty up there

LiquidSailor

• +52/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 02:17:35 AM »
...Which only happened because WWE literally had no other choice.

Rumor is they did it to piss Punk off.  Sort of like a "this could have been you" in reaction to him leaving.

And he isn't anywhere near the level of the people I mentioned yet.  If he even comes back from injury, the fucking hippie.

DIGUSTING

LiquidSailor

• +52/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 02:27:30 AM »
Plus it didn't help that PPV sales were in the shitter.  Then again, how many times do they think people can watch a title swapping fest between Cena, Orton, and Sheamus?  That's all we were getting until DB came up in the world.  And those PPVs sucked too because of the constant screwing with fans with the results.  DB fought Orton like, three PPVs in a row and most of them had bullshit results, or a title being taken away the next day.

Then we unify the belts for no reason, and it takes almost a year before they finally just make a new belt and throw the other one in the trash.

The downside there is one of the guys who would normally be holding one of the belts that got unified, takes away a belt that was meant for people who matter.  That being Sheamus with the US title or whatever the fuck he has now.  Which was previously held by a shield member for like 5 years who never had to defend it, and people forgot it existed because of that.

Jesus WWE fucking sucks.

DIGUSTING

LiquidSailor

• +52/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 02:37:35 AM »
WWE could be better.

I wanted to comment on the Rock/Bryan stuff.

WWE cant make a Rock, or an Austin etc. or eve a Bryan. Only the fans can.
WWE can just put guys out there, and even then, smarks complain about people being over pushed.

Because they won't push anyone the fans like! 

Cena is their top guy, who everyone over eight years old hates.  Orton is a good bad guy, but again, with the top spot limited to so few people, it doesn't work.

Finally we are building up each individual Shield member, but more needs to be done.  And it is too soon to tell if anything will come of it.  Look at what Bray Wyatt was when he began, and what he's become now.  Pointless feuds that did nothing for his character, and now he's a nobody again.

Rusev is a beast, and he's stuck fighting losers like Mark Henry and Big Show, two guys who already had a long career and don't need to be advanced by beating him. 

DIGUSTING

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 04:35:21 AM »
I loved the Rock/Rusev/Lana segment all around. Lana is mega hot and a damn fine mouthpiece. They should keep her managing longterm. Cesaro or even a heel turned Reigns in the future could be interesting clients. Just keep her away from the dead end divas division.

Speaking of, both top feuds there are awful. The Bellas are not top of division material. Paige vs AJ has dragged on too long for something that hasn't clicked.

I agree with Rusev being a beast. He's an interesting big man with a cool moveset. I'm pretty sure Show will put him over. He better ffs. Rusev though is more agile and faster in the ring than some smaller guys so taking on trucks like Henry and Show slows him down. 

It's too bad the E does not care more about the midcard and it's titles because it is one of the stronger roster points. Ziggler vs Miz was a well done feud and Mizdow is pretty funny.

Bray needs an almost total rebuild. They fucked up there. Harper is good too but does not have as much upside as Bray. The Wyatts should not have jobbed in so many tags to teams like Show/Henry.

I thought Summer Rae had potential. Decent worker who had good rivalry with Paige in NXT and is among the better female personalities they have. But now I fear she is .
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:50:32 AM by Stratus »
Sig : Emilie Nereng aka Voe

LiquidSailor

• +52/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 04:59:11 AM »
I thought Summer Rae had potential. Decent worker who had good rivalry with Paige in NXT and is among the better female personalities they have. But now I fear she is .

What's funny is that her character has changed based on how we are supposed to perceive her in Total Divas.  The problem is, she comes off as being attacked and ganged up on by the shittier, bitchy divas.  Nattie talks shit about her constantly, and she's the face?  How the fuck does that work?

DIGUSTING

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 05:17:44 AM »
It's especially ironic when you consider that despite her rather high workrate, Nattie always struggles to get reactions unless she is in Bret Hart country. And sometimes even there.

They view the divas as throwaway gossip material. Cameron, Rosa, and Eva would not make one decent talent if you combined them. They do have some promising female NXT talents. But Flair's daughter is probably the only one they will allow to look decent.
Sig : Emilie Nereng aka Voe

therock

• +27/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 12:40:26 AM »
WWE could be better.

I wanted to comment on the Rock/Bryan stuff.

WWE cant make a Rock, or an Austin etc. or eve a Bryan. Only the fans can.
WWE can just put guys out there, and even then, smarks complain about people being over pushed.

Because they won't push anyone the fans like! 

Cena is their top guy, who everyone over eight years old hates.  Orton is a good bad guy, but again, with the top spot limited to so few people, it doesn't work.

Finally we are building up each individual Shield member, but more needs to be done.  And it is too soon to tell if anything will come of it.  Look at what Bray Wyatt was when he began, and what he's become now.  Pointless feuds that did nothing for his character, and now he's a nobody again.

Rusev is a beast, and he's stuck fighting losers like Mark Henry and Big Show, two guys who already had a long career and don't need to be advanced by beating him.

Who left for Ruseve to fight and beat though

That on a high level but still can tap out to Rusev withouth their stocking going down

LiquidSailor

• +52/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 12:59:12 AM »
There are plenty of people Rusev can fight.  Think about that for a second.

I mean Reigns could do it, but I don't see that as a good fit.  Swagger made sense, but he lost so that's over.  Cesaro would be a good one.  Hopefully not Sheamus or Cena.  Big E is another guy, remember him?  I almost forgot him, because he vanished from TV.  Same with Ryback, who people were actually starting to like again.

There are plenty of people.

DIGUSTING

therock

• +27/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 09:44:07 AM »
There are plenty of people Rusev can fight.  Think about that for a second.

I mean Reigns could do it, but I don't see that as a good fit.  Swagger made sense, but he lost so that's over.  Cesaro would be a good one.  Hopefully not Sheamus or Cena.  Big E is another guy, remember him?  I almost forgot him, because he vanished from TV.  Same with Ryback, who people were actually starting to like again.

There are plenty of people.

Reigns crippled for now
and he already went through big e