Herochat

Who is the Doctor?

XMinusOne

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the Doctor?
« Reply #675 on: November 07, 2018, 10:18:42 AM »
She doesn't seem as confident as past Doctors. It's bothersome that she keeps losing the Tardis, too. I think I'd rather watch a series with a Missy type as the protagonist. She was a lot more entertaining.

Clownprince23

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 07, 2018, 05:45:37 PM »
I am getting tired of all the vague references to her possibly being a woman at a previous point. I feel like they're trying to beat it over our heads.

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 07, 2018, 05:49:40 PM »
There's been, maybe, 2-3 of those moments and they were a single line each.

Clownprince23

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 07, 2018, 08:53:23 PM »
There's only been 5 episodes. Just feels like they're trying to retroactively change things when there's no need.

I liked the first two episodes a lot. I don't mind a female Doctor. I'm not a fan of people trying to rewrite the past to fit something else. I didn't like it when Moffat added the War Doctor either.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 07, 2018, 09:42:14 PM »
Well the only reason we got the war doctor is because Eccleson didn't want to come back.

Clownprince23

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 07, 2018, 10:43:08 PM »
Well the only reason we got the war doctor is because Eccleson didn't want to come back.

Yeah, but I would have loved to seen McGann in that role instead of creating a brand new Doctor that had been around apparently the whole time.

XMinusOne

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 08, 2018, 03:08:24 PM »
Did Eccleson only sign on for one season? I know he left due to differences with the show creators but I figured actors always sign on for a certain number of seasons.

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 12, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »
Punjab episode.

As powerful & well done as this episode was...the need to base the story around another deplorable historical event baffles me.

It's a very fine line between sci-fi escapism & using the theme of mass genocide to tell a story...

It's a shame but the TARDIS juz seems be a mode of transport in this new series, nothing more.
Why the Doc didn't use it to analyse the canister much less a fortress for protection against the "assassins" was poor decision making.
This is certainly the most flawed Doctor in the series...but it's a very fine line with her coming off as dumb & blonde.

Did Umbreen remember Yaz at all?
Was the remark about the badly done hannah paint on her palm an indication that she knew?
Yeah she was old but it's kinda hard to forget a stranger with the same name as her granddaughter turning up unexpectedly for the wedding...along with demons. 

Clownprince23

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 12, 2018, 06:55:23 PM »
I could see her not remembering. Now if the Doctor had shown up, I would think she would remember. But I thought there would be something in the story where they reveal to be from the future and Yaz was her grand daughter. And that's why her nann would never tell the story of where the watch came from because she knew that Yaz had to go into the situation with no knowledge.

Also this season seems to be following the old method of one story in the future, one in the past. To teach science and history. But so far, we haven't had any real villains or bad guys in the episodes. So far the antagonists have been a trophy hunter, a racist, a gun rights activist, and now religious haters.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 12, 2018, 07:28:15 PM »
Humans are the true monsters

Clownprince23

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 12, 2018, 07:49:36 PM »
Well, the trophy hunter would qualify as your traditional alien bad guy, and then there was the p'ting, but it was to cute to be a real monster bad guy. But yeah, the theme for this season seems to be that humans are the real monsters, and next week it looks to be a commentary on capitalism.

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 12, 2018, 07:53:57 PM »
Seems to me the "villains" are the issues we face in 2018. They just have different beings who embody said issues.