Caught up and this season is meh. Though I like it more then last season

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the Doctor?
« Reply #526 on: May 10, 2017, 10:44:29 PM »
^ as did I. As did I. It's like a non-factor

Caught up and this season is meh. Though I like it more then last season

The absence of Clara is a big reason for me. And that seems to be what happens a lot. A huge thing, revelation, but then it's dropped once they get the wow factor out of it.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 10, 2017, 11:08:41 PM »
I would have thought Galifrey coming back last season would have been a bigger deal but I guess not.

I just figured if they focussed on Galifrey, it would lessen the impact of The Doctor being the last of the Time Lords.

The Captain

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 11, 2017, 09:52:21 AM »
Well I'm not saying they should focus on it exclusively, but to not mention it at all seems really strange considering how big of a deal it should be.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 11, 2017, 10:39:57 AM »
Well that vault could be a gateway to Gallifrey?

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 23, 2017, 12:57:30 AM »
Wasn't fond of 'Extremis'.

Not exactly sure what simulation they were running for an invasion. The Veritas wouldn't work in the real  world as when people said a random number, it wouldn't be what was in the book.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 04, 2017, 07:26:44 AM »
Why dafuq fake a regeneration with Billy when she has no idea of what it looks like or the fact that the Doctor is capable of it in the 1st place?

Oh yeah it looks good for the trailer.

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 04, 2017, 09:24:55 AM »
Why dafuq fake a regeneration with Billy when she has no idea of what it looks like or the fact that the Doctor is capable of it in the 1st place?

Oh yeah it looks good for the trailer.

Yeah, typical trolling the fans.

Uhtceare

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 11, 2017, 06:03:17 AM »
Empress of Mars was some boring-ass shit. But I've enjoyed the rest of the season.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 11, 2017, 07:18:47 AM »
Empress of Mars was some boring-ass shit. But I've enjoyed the rest of the season.

From Ice Warriors to....nice warriors.

Personally I enjoyed the back-to-basics good ol' fashioned one episode story line.
Although turning the British soldiers into bouncy cubes was too hilarious to be seriously.

The previous Monk story line fizzed out after 2 episodes & went nowhere in the end.
The build up to what's inside the vault turned out to what everybody alway knew/guessed.

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 11, 2017, 08:52:36 AM »
I thought the Ice Warriors was the best episode of the season. Felt more like a Who episode and not something to convoluted.

The bouncy cube weapon was hokey, but I thought it was a nice touch, kinda like an old school feel.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 11, 2017, 12:14:58 PM »
That's seriously the problem with the stories given to Capaldi's run...the writer's seem to relish making the stories too convoluted.
They seem to think adding too many tangents & what-ifs makes a good tale...it doesn't.

Missy saying she had previous run-ins with the Monks is tantalising but goes nowhere.
Same with the Doctor & Billy's mom in the same photo...that led nowhere but somehow was important enough to drive the Monks away...?

Now in the Ice Warrior episode, we have Missy curiously asking the Doctor if he's okay?
Is that important or a ruse again?
Fans are speculating, it's her turning point to choose between being good or evil.
Then obviously when she chooses good, it will be the episode that she gets killed off.

But the next episode seems to be action based with monsters in Roman history...so once again is all the convulsion from previous episodes just a ruse with no intention of going anywhere?

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 11, 2017, 09:21:44 PM »
That's seriously the problem with the stories given to Capaldi's run...the writer's seem to relish making the stories too convoluted.
They seem to think adding too many tangents & what-ifs makes a good tale...it doesn't.

Missy saying she had previous run-ins with the Monks is tantalising but goes nowhere.
Same with the Doctor & Billy's mom in the same photo...that led nowhere but somehow was important enough to drive the Monks away...?

Now in the Ice Warrior episode, we have Missy curiously asking the Doctor if he's okay?
Is that important or a ruse again?
Fans are speculating, it's her turning point to choose between being good or evil.
Then obviously when she chooses good, it will be the episode that she gets killed off.

But the next episode seems to be action based with monsters in Roman history...so once again is all the convulsion from previous episodes just a ruse with no intention of going anywhere?

That pretty much explains everything after series 5. A lot of big grandiose ideas, that look cool in a flash, but when you dig deeper, it has no substance. Moffat is really sloppy when it comes to being a show runner.

The main example I can think of is the beginning of Let's Kill Hitler. The episode starts out with them in a mad rush in the car, Amy yelling turn left, turn right, etc, them speeding like crazy. Makes you think there's something of great importance going on. Turns out they're just in a field making crop circles. All they needed was a stick, rope, and time to make that message.

Then the way they count the Silence. Aliens have infiltrated the world, and the only way they can think of to see the extent of the invasion is for the handful of them to spread out across the States and count them by making marks on themselves. They could be seeing the same silence over and over again making a mark over and over again for all they knew. Once again, a flashy idea, them running from the US government covered in marks, but really... what's the point of it?

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 20, 2017, 05:18:58 AM »
Anyone getting the vibe, Missy could be the next "Doctor"?
She has stated in an interview that she was leaving once Capaldi goes..."no point sticking around with the old crew gone."

But fans are speculating the next episode is the Doc putting Missy through some simulations to see how she handles different scenarios.

An interesting insight is yin-yang duality...the nicer Missy becomes, the angrier & grumpier the Doctor becomes...

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 20, 2017, 07:09:03 AM »
I hadn't really paid attention to any speculation on Missy. Everything I see tends to be some fan made up fanboy theory, so I just skip over them in my news feed.

As far as the Eater of Light episode, I didn't like it.