Herochat

The Magician

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
The Magician
« on: February 02, 2016, 05:15:29 PM »
Anyone else watching this really digging it myself.  The quick premises is it about a Magicians college (real magic think Hogwarts but college ).  Has different areas of expertise and even a junior college if you want to call it that for people who didn't make it.

Kallor

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »
I'm liking it.  The main character is an unbelievable asshole, though, and it's hard to really care about his problems.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 01:19:10 AM »
Like there adding a prayer like magic to the mix. Was getting bored with the drug addiction allegory thing they had with hedge witch.  Also I personally didn't realize Ros was the little girl from the book till she showed up in this episode nice touch. Hope she isn't really dead though

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 08:49:16 PM »
Rarely hear it thought you were maybe talking about something new.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 10:45:05 PM »
I love this show so much I gotta watch it as soon as it comes on.  So much world building shit tonight.  A library that has every book thats ever been will be or even thought of been written. Lifeforce steal to make a duplicate real life sex doll of someone (Margo is back yay!).  Sex magic and plans to summon a god and take there power (no way that not gonna end badly).  And the day Quentin learns his girl was into anal.  Oh and one of the greatest villians ever on a tv show (at least visually) returns next week.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 01:39:44 AM »
Oh I forgot to mention the awesomeness of Quentin fantasy sex dream. "If you would shut up for 2 seconds this sex dream would pass the bechdal test " Was the line of the night.  Also this show loves pushing up against the line of what can be shown on a cable show. 

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 03:59:05 AM »
You had me at into anal!

You were right about last week's episode being dark. Yeesh. I think i'd have burned that house down, honestly.

I just wished they could have freed the children's souls

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 09:40:17 AM »
I felt they skipped over some story with them trying to contact the goddess.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 12:18:22 PM »
There's gotta be fallout from it next season but they only have one ep left to deal with the Beast.  I was just assuming meeting the goddess would be the  final .  But going yeah she came and gave everyone what they want so what are you up to.  Weird way to go with it.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 11:44:50 PM »
Man this show has no problem going dark.  Once they revealed that Julia had a false memory I figured what happened but it was so much worse.  I wonder is going totally to the darkside now (understandable after what happened to her).  And what she owes that hedgewitch who I'm surprised even showed up to help her.  But this ep was slow as fuck till the end was a lot of wheel spinning to get there they could have done more.  Wish we had seen some actually talking animals they always like to mention on the show. Also why are me and Riv seem like the only ones watching up a lot of you guys wheelhouse.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 10:24:24 AM »
Julia wanted to work with the Beast really surprised me even if like I said understandable. I loved the message the to student left before getting outta dodge. "good luck with the beast we'd help but your doomed".

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 09:18:22 PM »
Just finished the first season--really dug it, and the book. Think I liked the direction this went in maybe better and I liked the nod to the book that sort of ties the two continuities together but not really.