Herochat

Crimson Commando

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
Crimson Commando
« on: February 02, 2016, 12:31:45 AM »
Crimson Commando's basic back story:

Something to think about; even back in WW2 Commando had white hair.

So unless he went all "Steve Martin" on us and pre-maturely got white hair; than Crimson Commando would seem to be very old.

Some of their trophies:

Capabilities:

As a mutant; his power is to have near peak human stats with minimal training.

http://marvel.com/universe/Commando_(Frank_Bohannan)

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Commando
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:07:43 AM »
Str./Durability Showing:

As a concept; being a "peak human" all purely physical feats done by any other peak human should technically count I suppose but going purely on his own showings.  Crimson Commando doesn't really have a lot going on for feats.

But here's a couple okay one's from a Hulk comic:

Capable of throwing Bruce Banner around 15-20 ft pretty casually.....also capable of being thrown around 20ft into piece of wood jutting out of a barn with no serious injury, broken bones etc.....it hurt's and he doesn't like it but it doesn't ko him, stun him or break any bones.  Actually; he seems to hit the house/barn with enough force, that parts of it that weren't even near were he hit got knocked off by the impact on the other side of the house.  That's a pretty serious impact.

Skills:

Capable of stealthing Psychics/Nerve strike:

Here he sneaks up on Storm/durability showing of sorts:

Deals with Dani Moonstar handily enough:

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:52:38 AM by g-train »

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 01:23:13 AM »
Crimson Commando vs Storm:

While Crimson Commando most commonly uses 2 knives he does on occasion use other gear, the most common of which is a pistol:

Wyntyr

• +116/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 01:45:44 AM »

What is this from? I have the issue but I can't remember what it was. He gets his arm cut off or something, doesn't he?
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 01:50:24 AM »

What is this from? I have the issue but I can't remember what it was. He gets his arm cut off or something, doesn't he?

Yeah; it's from his last appearance as a non-cyborg.

Get's his hand cut off; according the reviews, he supposedly manages to live for over an hour that way.

Also ends up stepping on a mine and getting some serious damage that way as well.  It's the same issue where Super Sabre ends up getting his head cut off by a trip wire.

New Mutants Annual #7 I believe.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:06:39 AM by g-train »

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 11:43:42 PM »
Underrated character. Never noticed the WWII white hair before. I wonder how old he actually is.

Yeah I suspect part of the reason he didn't do as well is he belonged more in the DD/Punisher or Captain America bracket than the X-Men one.

As for age; one possible clue, looking at the hunting lodge.....that "seems" to be a civil war era cannon going on.

Presuming these are all supposed to be trophies of their own adventures, that could be a clue that one of them has been around since the civil war days.

Or they fought a civil war themed super villain.....or time travel or......or they just thought it looked cool.