Herochat

Another One for the Bad Guys! (Eeeeeeeevil wining in movies)

LiquidSailor

• +47/-146
    • View Profile
Re: Another One for the Bad Guys! (Eeeeeeeevil wining in movies)
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2016, 03:53:44 PM »
For the record, Bateman did commit all those murders.  The movie wasn't very clear on that.  The chick who made the film said that she regrets not making it more clear like it was in the book.

DIGUSTING

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 04:38:44 PM »
I would say no. They sacrificed themselves to rally All of Sparta to fight the Persians. Last scene is the war breaking out. Their mission was a success even though they all died

Historically speaking; doesn't Sparta ultimately lose and get burned to the ground?

Sure; movie-verse version is more dramatic with greater amounts of speedo's and slow-mo fighting reinterpretation of that.

But that would seem to imply that in the end, "evil" wins.

Though I'm not totally sure King Leo was totally in the right here either, as in good choices for a King to make for his people.

-K-M-

• +7/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 05:24:26 PM »
Were just basing on what is shown in the movie, not what happened in real life.

HalloweenJack

• +13/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2016, 06:13:02 PM »
For the record, Bateman did commit all those murders.  The movie wasn't very clear on that.  The chick who made the film said that she regrets not making it more clear like it was in the book.

I thought you were talking about Dawn of Justice for a second

watched See No Evil II the other night, evil definitely wins there

HalloweenJack

• +13/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2016, 06:19:33 PM »
ah, Flesh For Frankenstein/Andy Warhol's Frankenstein

the Doctor, his incestuous sister, and the monster are killed but the hero is still in deep shit at the end when the doctor and his sister's kids decide to dissect him.

also there was this found footage movie called Home Movie where evil def. wins

HalloweenJack

• +13/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2016, 06:25:00 PM »
I guess Phantoms might count

Ben Affleck (aka the bomb yo) seemingly kills the Ancient Enemy, but it turns out to be alive at the very end

Species 1 and 2 end on sour notes. in the first one, while Sil and her child are destroyed, a rat eats some of their leftover DNA and becomes a hybrid as well. Species 2, they kill Patrick though Eve dies as well IIRC and her stomach swells with new spawn at the end

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2016, 06:50:10 PM »
I would say no. They sacrificed themselves to rally All of Sparta to fight the Persians. Last scene is the war breaking out. Their mission was a success even though they all died

Historically speaking; doesn't Sparta ultimately lose and get burned to the ground?

Sure; movie-verse version is more dramatic with greater amounts of speedo's and slow-mo fighting reinterpretation of that.

But that would seem to imply that in the end, "evil" wins.

Though I'm not totally sure King Leo was totally in the right here either, as in good choices for a King to make for his people.

Didnt that happen in the sequel.

HalloweenJack

• +13/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2016, 07:13:04 PM »
yeah, but they still beat them out in the end

XerxesTWD

• +49/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2016, 09:15:57 PM »
Frailty with Matthew McConaughey is perfect for this thread. He pretended to be both brothers and was able to cloud the memories of not only people, but also make recordings of himself block out his face with static. When the FBI caught up with him later, they had no clue who he was even after having conversations with him at length previously.

You should probably put "spoilers" in the thread title itself. I opened the thread and could see like 10 movies right below the spoiler warning.

HalloweenJack

• +13/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2016, 09:17:19 PM »
Welllllllllllll.........kinda depends on that one.

The Ring - Samara pretty much wins in that she lives on.

A Serbian Film - Evil organization gets their depraved "payoff" in the end.

Inside - The psycho intruder gets the baby.

The Usual Suspects of course.

Secret Window.

The Conspiracy - Illuminati sacrifices Conspiracy theorist and covers the whole thing up, even having his loved ones go along with the cover up.  Creepy!

Phone booth - Presumably Kiefer continues to menace unsuspecting callers.

Knowing - The Sun wins.  Evil Sun!

-K-M-

• +7/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2016, 10:22:26 PM »
I started to update the list from HJ's suggestions.  I'll add Helena's stuff later

This is the biggest list on the net. Woot

Bran Mak Morn

• +8/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2016, 11:01:34 PM »
Criminal with Kevin Costner.

Costner plays a cold blooded killer/prisoner who gets implanted with "dead good cop memories" in order to find/unravel secrets good cop took to his grave.

Costner kills CIA agents & escapes, ends up stalking dead cop's wife & daughter because his head is full of her memories.

Costner ends up doing the CIA's dirty work for them, kills the bad guys who kidnaps the wife & young daughter looks up to Costner as a new father figure.

Movie ends with wife & daughter wanting Costner in their life & CIA offering Costner a job...instead of locking him up for all the CIA agents he killed.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2016, 02:36:15 PM »
Criminal with Kevin Costner.

Costner plays a cold blooded killer/prisoner who gets implanted with "dead good cop memories" in order to find/unravel secrets good cop took to his grave.

Costner kills CIA agents & escapes, ends up stalking dead cop's wife & daughter because his head is full of her memories.

Costner ends up doing the CIA's dirty work for them, kills the bad guys who kidnaps the wife & young daughter looks up to Costner as a new father figure.

Movie ends with wife & daughter wanting Costner in their life & CIA offering Costner a job...instead of locking him up for all the CIA agents he killed.

There's also the movie he did where he was a serial killer that got away with it all.

Mr. Brooks

HalloweenJack

• +13/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2016, 05:07:08 PM »
what was that movie with John Travolta (I think) which had Tim Robbins and his wife as domestic terrorists?

they masterminded a whole thing and even stuck the blame on Travolta and got away scot free to do it again somewhere else