Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: The Brave and errr... I mean The Legends of Tomorrow!  (Read 6951 times)

-K-M-

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
Re: DC's Legends Of Tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 05:43:32 PM »

Meh! I liked it

HalloweenJack

• Crisis Actor
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 06:07:46 PM »

and to each their own.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2016, 10:14:55 PM »

This was far, far from a hot mess.
For such a large cast, everyone got at least one nice character moment, and the characters themselves were fairly engaging, the premise of the show was established, and we're ready to go.
Same cant be said for many pilot episodes.

But yeah, to each their own.

Pillow Biter

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 01:05:54 AM »

Sure. But still...if one can't see an across the board, qualitative difference between the MU shows and the DC shows, then their perceptiveness is rather questionable.
I could see still preferring the DC shows because you like the premise better, or some other quirk, but you gotta see how much smoother and better done the Marvel shows are overall. Again, probably because they are probably throwing way more production money at the Marvel shows. But the higher costs do show.

Bandido

• Stonemason
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 01:52:50 AM »

The MU shows have an advantage of being released and written as more cohesive pieces because they're on Netflix. Agents of Shield is no better than Flash.

scourge

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2016, 02:40:57 AM »

i just finished watching it on Hulu and this....man....it was just hot garbage i thought

I literally (used correctly) opened this thread with the intention of asking something like "at what temperature was this garbage served?"

After the Netflix shows, all other live action superhero shows have to seriously raise that bar.
Four things to consider--

1) Bernie Sanders
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUZNfbJnp4

2) H2H Character Rankings
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=11777.0

3) Master's words of wisdom
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=12692.msg267150#msg267150

4) Getting involved in local politics

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2016, 02:42:16 AM »

Why compare them, though? They're all different properties.

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2016, 03:18:36 AM »

I dont know

Agnet Carter
And Shield kind of crap

and not superhero enough for me. Like these shows...due to how dorky..and straight up comic book it is. It where it on it sleeve

now netflix shows..that a bit higher quality

scourge

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2016, 04:17:11 AM »

Cause we define our worlds by comparison. If all we had for sitcoms was King of Queens and Two Broke Girls, we'd be like "yeah ok, one is a little better so that's an ok one." Then what if all of a sudden we found out about Curb Your Enthusiasm. It'd hard to be into King of Queens any more.
Four things to consider--

1) Bernie Sanders
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUZNfbJnp4

2) H2H Character Rankings
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=11777.0

3) Master's words of wisdom
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=12692.msg267150#msg267150

4) Getting involved in local politics

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 04:57:42 AM »

Cause we define our worlds by comparison. If all we had for sitcoms was King of Queens and Two Broke Girls, we'd be like "yeah ok, one is a little better so that's an ok one." Then what if all of a sudden we found out about Curb Your Enthusiasm. It'd hard to be into King of Queens any more.

Well no. I'd say 2 Broke Girls sucks all on its own. No comparison necessary.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:01:38 AM by 80sBaby »

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2016, 04:59:19 AM »

Agnet Crater
And Shield kind of crap

Lol no.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2016, 06:56:44 AM »

Agreed. I judge things on their own merit.
Not saying comparisons are wrong, just not how i personally do it.

Master Tolkien

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
  • I write about dragons. Bitches love dragons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2016, 12:11:42 PM »

Pilot episode was super rushed. Which is fine if you don't plan to grow your audience and just give the Arrow/Flash fans another show to watch. But there is no way that new viewers could jump into this thing.

And even if you watched, I know they laid some groundwork for Savage and the Hawks, but this episode was still crazy. Why not spend the first three eps assembling the team? Give us some time to get to know them. Then you can toss them into their first adventure.

Ah well. It still has some cool shit going on.

Of the 10 villains, so far as things of this nature can be remembered going back afore the days the board crashes, 9 filled with dread and cursed in vain at the sight of Master.

superlurker

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2016, 12:17:11 PM »

Hope springs eternal. I check them all out, in hopes. But they always fail to live up to that hope. Not sure why.

My best guess is that the Marvel shows cost a lot more per episode than the DC shows, and a lot of viewers don't care as much about quality. It could be that purely business-wise, the DC shows make more bang for their buck than the Marvel ones. That being said, I still find them hard to watch. The fight scenes in Arrow, for example, just seem so much more obviously choreographed than the ones in Agents of Shield. Of course, all TV fights are choreographed, but it shouldn't be so obvious. Some of the Arrow brawls are like dances and you can just see the guys waiting for their cue like "sweep foot left on the third beat, wait two beats, and punch right".

I definitely agree with this, the DC shows generally do feel cheap. That gets especially obvious when they are trying to be more ambitious than their budgets really allow for.

However, I was more concerned that the writing on this was pretty awful. Rip Hunter was reduced to emo discount Doctor, the other characters were generally stupid as fuck, and the show was riddled with things that made no sense. The very premise of "travel around through time to stop Vandal Savage" is unbearably stupid. How about just picking one moment in time, assemble the necessary people and resources and go there to gank him? It's not like he has some master plan that unfolds through the centuries (another extremely stupid type of premise).

It was really put on display when Rip Hunter said he was from the future and called them legends, and the supposedly smartest member of the team was like "doesn't a legend have to be dead?" If he's from 150 years into the future, *of course* you're dead at that time.

Master Tolkien

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
  • I write about dragons. Bitches love dragons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2016, 12:48:14 PM »

Also, the scientist they visit in 1975 has several pictures showing EXACTLY where Savage was at certain moments in time. Travel to any one of those moments... follow him to a quiet area... and BAM. Show is over.

Of the 10 villains, so far as things of this nature can be remembered going back afore the days the board crashes, 9 filled with dread and cursed in vain at the sight of Master.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17