Herochat

The Brave and errr... I mean The Legends of Tomorrow!

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
Re: DC's Legends Of Tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 10:18:36 PM »
I dont know

Agnet Carter
And Shield kind of crap

and not superhero enough for me. Like these shows...due to how dorky..and straight up comic book it is. It where it on it sleeve

now netflix shows..that a bit higher quality

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 11:17:11 PM »
Why compare them, though? They're all different properties.

Cause we define our worlds by comparison. If all we had for sitcoms was King of Queens and Two Broke Girls, we'd be like "yeah ok, one is a little better so that's an ok one." Then what if all of a sudden we found out about Curb Your Enthusiasm. It'd hard to be into King of Queens any more.

80sBaby

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2016, 11:57:42 PM »
Why compare them, though? They're all different properties.

Cause we define our worlds by comparison. If all we had for sitcoms was King of Queens and Two Broke Girls, we'd be like "yeah ok, one is a little better so that's an ok one." Then what if all of a sudden we found out about Curb Your Enthusiasm. It'd hard to be into King of Queens any more.

Well no. I'd say 2 Broke Girls sucks all on its own. No comparison necessary.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:01:38 AM by 80sBaby »

80sBaby

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2016, 11:59:19 PM »
Agnet Crater
And Shield kind of crap

Lol no.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 07:11:42 AM »
Pilot episode was super rushed. Which is fine if you don't plan to grow your audience and just give the Arrow/Flash fans another show to watch. But there is no way that new viewers could jump into this thing.

And even if you watched, I know they laid some groundwork for Savage and the Hawks, but this episode was still crazy. Why not spend the first three eps assembling the team? Give us some time to get to know them. Then you can toss them into their first adventure.

Ah well. It still has some cool shit going on.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

superlurker

• +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2016, 07:17:11 AM »
Hope springs eternal. I check them all out, in hopes. But they always fail to live up to that hope. Not sure why.

My best guess is that the Marvel shows cost a lot more per episode than the DC shows, and a lot of viewers don't care as much about quality. It could be that purely business-wise, the DC shows make more bang for their buck than the Marvel ones. That being said, I still find them hard to watch. The fight scenes in Arrow, for example, just seem so much more obviously choreographed than the ones in Agents of Shield. Of course, all TV fights are choreographed, but it shouldn't be so obvious. Some of the Arrow brawls are like dances and you can just see the guys waiting for their cue like "sweep foot left on the third beat, wait two beats, and punch right".

I definitely agree with this, the DC shows generally do feel cheap. That gets especially obvious when they are trying to be more ambitious than their budgets really allow for.

However, I was more concerned that the writing on this was pretty awful. Rip Hunter was reduced to emo discount Doctor, the other characters were generally stupid as fuck, and the show was riddled with things that made no sense. The very premise of "travel around through time to stop Vandal Savage" is unbearably stupid. How about just picking one moment in time, assemble the necessary people and resources and go there to gank him? It's not like he has some master plan that unfolds through the centuries (another extremely stupid type of premise).

It was really put on display when Rip Hunter said he was from the future and called them legends, and the supposedly smartest member of the team was like "doesn't a legend have to be dead?" If he's from 150 years into the future, *of course* you're dead at that time.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2016, 07:48:14 AM »
Also, the scientist they visit in 1975 has several pictures showing EXACTLY where Savage was at certain moments in time. Travel to any one of those moments... follow him to a quiet area... and BAM. Show is over.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2016, 07:49:09 AM »
Also, is Gideon like Suri? Does every future person have a Gideon computer?

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2016, 01:27:19 PM »
Hope springs eternal. I check them all out, in hopes. But they always fail to live up to that hope. Not sure why.

My best guess is that the Marvel shows cost a lot more per episode than the DC shows, and a lot of viewers don't care as much about quality. It could be that purely business-wise, the DC shows make more bang for their buck than the Marvel ones. That being said, I still find them hard to watch. The fight scenes in Arrow, for example, just seem so much more obviously choreographed than the ones in Agents of Shield. Of course, all TV fights are choreographed, but it shouldn't be so obvious. Some of the Arrow brawls are like dances and you can just see the guys waiting for their cue like "sweep foot left on the third beat, wait two beats, and punch right".

I definitely agree with this, the DC shows generally do feel cheap. That gets especially obvious when they are trying to be more ambitious than their budgets really allow for.

However, I was more concerned that the writing on this was pretty awful. Rip Hunter was reduced to emo discount Doctor, the other characters were generally stupid as fuck, and the show was riddled with things that made no sense. The very premise of "travel around through time to stop Vandal Savage" is unbearably stupid. How about just picking one moment in time, assemble the necessary people and resources and go there to gank him? It's not like he has some master plan that unfolds through the centuries (another extremely stupid type of premise).

It was really put on display when Rip Hunter said he was from the future and called them legends, and the supposedly smartest member of the team was like "doesn't a legend have to be dead?" If he's from 150 years into the future, *of course* you're dead at that time.

I found I never try to think to hard when it involves time travels.  You just end up falling down a endless well of plot holes and a headache.

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 01:51:32 PM »
Pilot episode was super rushed. Which is fine if you don't plan to grow your audience and just give the Arrow/Flash fans another show to watch. But there is no way that new viewers could jump into this thing.

And even if you watched, I know they laid some groundwork for Savage and the Hawks, but this episode was still crazy. Why not spend the first three eps assembling the team? Give us some time to get to know them. Then you can toss them into their first adventure.

Ah well. It still has some cool shit going on.

Wasn't the suspension to be 2 episode back to back originally

The Flyattractor

• +0/-0
  • Hate is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 09:26:38 PM »
So why did they make Rip Hunter British?  Some Dr. WHO Fangirl Wank shit or what?

And why is Atom a Iron Man Rip off?

God CW sucks shit.
[/color

HalloweenJack

• +11/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2016, 07:32:31 PM »
why is he Brandon Routh?

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2016, 08:46:15 AM »
I'm surprised they killed Hawkman but also its a bit of a copout. I'm looking forward to the inevitable dynamic swap between the hawks with Kendra eventually finding and training a different Hawkman. Which makes me wonder if her meeting Carter from a different generation will make things messy.

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2016, 10:26:30 AM »
I made it to the first commercial break and good lord, does this seem like a stinker.

It's so... campy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:55:17 AM by MTL76 »

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2016, 12:25:24 PM »
Lazy show.  Why are Cold and Heatwave's guns just generic blasters now.