Herochat

The Brave and errr... I mean The Legends of Tomorrow!

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
Re: DC's Legends Of Tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 08:59:29 AM »
It was fun. A little over dramatic at some points and it had too much explanatory dialogue.. I like the little twist that Rip picked them because they are all expendable.

That made sense you would want to get people that if they die it wouldn't cause to much of a ripple in the time stream

Jonathanos

• +4/-0
  • The Gamma Judas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 09:21:09 AM »
I liked it. It was funny to me that Rip's origin is similar to Doctor Who's.

Rory was always so insecure in his relationship with Amy because of her infatuation with the Doctor that he figured, "Screw it.  I'll just become the Doctor."
Click below to go to

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +4/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »
Pilot episode was far too rushed and some of the drama was forced. Writing wasn't great. We'll see.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 06:47:01 PM »
Liked it. Firestorm got cosbied

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 01:33:14 AM »
Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller own every scene they're in. I'd watch a show just about them.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 06:33:40 AM »
Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller own every scene they're in. I'd watch a show just about them.

This

Totally this
Sig : The Iconic Duo, Billie Kay & Peyton Royce

Pillow Biter

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 09:07:46 AM »
It's bad as all DC shows are. The really rough edges will be sanded off, again, as with the other DC shows. But at the end of the day, it will still kinda suck forever. Not sure why they can't make even one show up to say Agents of SHIELD standards. 

Pillow Biter

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2016, 10:22:56 AM »
Hope springs eternal. I check them all out, in hopes. But they always fail to live up to that hope. Not sure why.

My best guess is that the Marvel shows cost a lot more per episode than the DC shows, and a lot of viewers don't care as much about quality. It could be that purely business-wise, the DC shows make more bang for their buck than the Marvel ones. That being said, I still find them hard to watch. The fight scenes in Arrow, for example, just seem so much more obviously choreographed than the ones in Agents of Shield. Of course, all TV fights are choreographed, but it shouldn't be so obvious. Some of the Arrow brawls are like dances and you can just see the guys waiting for their cue like "sweep foot left on the third beat, wait two beats, and punch right".

HalloweenJack

• +13/-6
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2016, 12:24:19 PM »
i just finished watching it on Hulu and this....man....it was just hot garbage i thought

-K-M-

• +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 12:43:32 PM »
Meh! I liked it

HalloweenJack

• +13/-6
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 01:07:46 PM »
and to each their own.

Pillow Biter

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2016, 08:05:54 PM »
Sure. But still...if one can't see an across the board, qualitative difference between the MU shows and the DC shows, then their perceptiveness is rather questionable.
I could see still preferring the DC shows because you like the premise better, or some other quirk, but you gotta see how much smoother and better done the Marvel shows are overall. Again, probably because they are probably throwing way more production money at the Marvel shows. But the higher costs do show.

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2016, 08:52:50 PM »
The MU shows have an advantage of being released and written as more cohesive pieces because they're on Netflix. Agents of Shield is no better than Flash.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2016, 09:40:57 PM »
i just finished watching it on Hulu and this....man....it was just hot garbage i thought

I literally (used correctly) opened this thread with the intention of asking something like "at what temperature was this garbage served?"

After the Netflix shows, all other live action superhero shows have to seriously raise that bar.

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2016, 09:42:16 PM »
Why compare them, though? They're all different properties.