Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Lets do this in the right place  (Read 7597 times)

Mightily Oats

• Billy Ray Valentine
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
Re: Lets do this in the right place
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 12:02:50 PM »

Hmm.

I'm pretty sure George Carlin is one of bender's favourite comedians.
FUCKING DIGUSTING

The Flyattractor

• Axel Foley
  • Hate is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 12:06:29 PM »

Eh. He doesn't warrant the effort.

True dat. :P

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 12:07:57 PM »

Well bender gone I guess

LiquidSailor

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 12:10:18 PM »

Well it is Thanksgiving.

So that mean's he's probably in Chicago in blackface protesting whitey and trying to stop black Friday.
DIGUSTING

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2015, 12:20:00 PM »

What did liquid say have him on ignore. Assume it was a heartfelt call for unity

LiquidSailor

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2015, 12:20:48 PM »

A sensible option for you since you could never actually win an argument against me.
DIGUSTING

Wyntyr

• Global Moderator
  • Prince Akeem Joffer
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »

So Bender, I guess the lesson to take away from this is if you're going to call someone out, you might choose easier prey next time. Like maybe those rats in your apartment that skitter around picking up all your honeybun crumbs.

Also your name is now Byndyr, because you belong to me now and y's are our trademark.

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2015, 04:48:34 PM »

He already gone guy your talking to the wind

Bran Mak Morn

• Sherman Klump
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2015, 08:19:06 AM »

Thank Fuck there ain't any Aussie Chinks on this board!

Oh wait....

scourge

• King Jaffe Joffer
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2015, 09:15:29 AM »

So much I want to say to all this.

On the one hand, Bender's right to not like seeing that word tossed around. We come from a culture that says that's the worst word you can say if you're not black.

On the other hand, how does that one word have so much more power than all other racist terms? It's likely born out of the fact that black people have been one of the primary groups facing discrimination in this country (U.S.) over the past couple centuries, but I'm neither a historian or racial expert. I do know that regardless of our explicit thoughts, if you grow up in a racist culture some of that shit seeps in in weird ways despite not wanting it to. Before safadoing off on this let me get back on track.

This board has banned posters for racist posts. The people who post here have also hashed it out over this term before. I don't view this board to be a clan rally, and while I don't agree with using that word, it's more because I view it as having all this weight behind it that I do not have any interest in tossing around lightly. Think it's an odd case for that one word to have such power, but as I said earlier, I think I get why. Anyways, it shouldn't have the power to have you leave here Bender. Fuck that shit, this place has always been a little anti-pc, but I think likening it to a clan rally is off base.

People are going to stand up for their right to say whatever. I think context matters, and I think intent matters, and while I may not join in on using certain words, I don't think these guys are actually legit racist--more guilty of saying offensive shit for comedy sake, the kind of thing we probably all do among close friends (Maybe not that particular word, but our own versions of offensive shit).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:18:54 AM by scourge »

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2015, 02:12:29 PM »

Imho its important to consider the context of how a word is used over the word itself. The setting is also important. I've pointed out before that this board is pretty racially and ethnically diverse.

The Flyattractor

• Axel Foley
  • Hate is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2015, 02:51:56 PM »

Yeah. This board is made up of All kinds of different Assholes.

Bran Mak Morn

• Sherman Klump
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2015, 07:58:16 PM »

Imho its important to consider the context of how a word is used over the word itself. The setting is also important. I've pointed out before that this board is pretty racially and ethnically diverse.

That's kinda where I'm coming from. I'll throw in the N word every now & then when other posters are knowingly joking about. But I've never used the word to belittle someone on a personal level.
I also find it amusing to use simply because it's not a common term used here in Australia so I don't give it much merit when I personally use it in a post. I always know I'm using it in a lame attempt to possibly get a chuckle from anyone.

I've got pretty thick skin when it comes to racial abuse because I've grown up being teased from not being born in the country I call home.

I also try & teach my son that words don't hurt when he's being teased at school. They're just sounds meant to illicit a negative response back.

I wouldn't be posting on HC for the past 20 years if I thought it was serious with the racism.

LiquidSailor

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2015, 08:17:32 PM »

How is it not common in Australia when you have that stupid white nigger Iggy Azalea running around with her mongoloid features?
DIGUSTING

JookDukem

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2015, 10:07:21 PM »

Even if this place was seriously racist I'd still come here. Because it's fucking hilarious and entertaining. I find most people who talk about having thick skin are actually faggots who have never really been in the shit.

Waaaaah waaaaah waaaahhh, if internet bullies and mean worded/sometimes racist shit gets to you, you shouldn't internet because you can't internet good. This coddling is fucking faggot and needs to stop.

Like, be a man and deal. I've been physically attacked multiple ways and multiple times for racially charged reasons. I don't fag out like these extra sensitive faggots. Good riddance.

People acting like their specific struggle is OMFG so terrible I CANNOT DEAL BRO.

Yawn. Get out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6