Herochat

Would you hit a woman back?

Animalia

• +6/-3
    • View Profile
Would you hit a woman back?
« on: October 27, 2015, 10:17:55 AM »
Would you behave differently if it was a man(let's he has same strenght of her) to hit you?

ProjectCornDog

• +1/-12
    • View Profile
Re: Would you hit a woman back?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 10:20:10 AM »
Equal rights, equal fights.

If I was attacked and I was the kind of person to respond with violence, I absolutely would -want- to hit ANYONE back since I'm not a sexist pig and don't objectify anyone by their gender BUT I also don't want to go to jail.

It doesn't matter what the situation is, if you attack a woman you most likely will be seen as the aggressor and that is one of the last things you want happen to you.

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 10:21:40 AM »
Yeah. Wouldn't even question it. I'm not a person who would strike first but I have no problem striking anyone back.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 10:30:23 AM »

It doesn't matter what the situation is, if you attack a woman you most likely will be seen as the aggressor and that is one of the last things you want happen to you.

Yeah I was recently on a bus, it wasn't full & there were seats available...this woman gets on the bus & took offence to this guy having his bag on the seat next to him. She grabbed his bag & threw it off. The guy reacted by pushing her out of the way to retrieve his bag.
The entire bus load of passengers went nuts over him for laying hands on her.
Idiots were yelling at him saying that she may have been in the wrong for doing what she did but he had no right for pushing her.
The smug bitch then played the victim for the entire ride.

fatnlazy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 10:31:56 AM »
Depends on the situation. Normally, if a woman is just slapping me or some shit, I'd restrain her. As for the same size and strength dude, I'd retaliate simply out of pride, and probably guiltless anger.

I'm kind of a nice guy. If I knocked a woman out or down, even justifiably, I'd prob. start to feel bad.

Not BAMF

• +5/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 10:32:54 AM »
I probably wouldn't hit anybody back if they hit me. That's what the law and civil lawsuits are for. I'd just have them arrested and sue them for all their shit.

fatnlazy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 10:33:10 AM »

Yeah I was recently on a bus, it wasn't full & there were seats available...this woman gets on the bus & took offence to this guy having his bag on the seat next to him. She grabbed his bag & threw it off. The guy reacted by pushing her out of the way to retrieve his bag.
Idiots were yelling at him saying that she may have been in the wrong for doing what she did but he had no right for pushing her.

Pushing and hitting are different things. Especially if she's a bitch. He should have at least let her sit where his bag was though. Kind of a dick move.

fatnlazy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 10:34:14 AM »
I probably wouldn't hit anybody back if they hit me. That's what the law and civil lawsuits are for. I'd just have them arrested and sue them for all their shit.

You'd have to hit another guy back though. Can't let some just smack you around.

80sBaby

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 10:41:20 AM »
Depends on the situation. Normally, if a woman is just slapping me or some shit, I'd restrain her. As for the same size and strength dude, I'd retaliate simply out of pride, and probably guiltless anger.

This and I wouldn't feel bad about it either.

Also, people are fond of saying "Men shouldn't hit women." This, of course, makes it seem like it's ok for women to hit men and there a few who will take full advantage of that fact. They'll say/do things that, if they were a man, you'd have no choice but to knock them the fuck out. However, since it's a female, they feel men shouldn't retaliate. Fuck that! If you're can mouth off/hit me like a man then you're "man' enough to get KO'd like one. We should be teaching our kids not to hit anybody, period.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 10:47:55 AM »

Pushing and hitting are different things. Especially if she's a bitch. He should have at least let her sit where his bag was though. Kind of a dick move.

Like I said the bus wasn't full & there were seats available. The woman didn't say a word to the guy, she just grabbed his bag & threw it off.
How was the guy supposed to know she wanted to sit next to him?

And what if the guy had something valuable or fragile in his bag that warranted keeping it close to him rather than on the floor?

ProjectCornDog

• +1/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 10:49:54 AM »
I usually find any form of violence deplorable, but I understand where that guy was coming from. She was attacking his property, and like you said Bran, that bag could have had important essentials (for example, my tablet is small and thin and could fit in a small bag. I use it for everything).

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 11:05:37 AM »
I wouldn't hit a woman back because it would be too much of a hassle.  On principle, I agree if a woman hits someone she should accept the consequences just like a man would have to, but the reality is that it's generally not worth the backlash.

Sarcastic Cat

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »
I wouldn't hit a woman unless it was under extenuating circumstances like she is viciously attacking a family member or coming at me with a blade or gun.

Same applies for kids.

The disabled are off limits tho.

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 11:19:53 AM »
I wouldn't hit a woman back because it would be too much of a hassle.  On principle, I agree if a woman hits someone she should accept the consequences just like a man would have to, but the reality is that it's generally not worth the backlash.

This.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

fatnlazy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 11:20:50 AM »

This and I wouldn't feel bad about it either.

Also, people are fond of saying "Men shouldn't hit women." This, of course, makes it seem like it's ok for women to hit men and there a few who will take full advantage of that fact. They'll say/do things that, if they were a man, you'd have no choice but to knock them the fuck out. However, since it's a female, they feel men shouldn't retaliate. Fuck that! If you're can mouth off/hit me like a man then you're "man' enough to get KO'd like one. We should be teaching our kids not to hit anybody, period.

I do think it's wrong for women to hit men just because they think they can get away with it. Especially nowadays, dudes are way more likely to light a girl up.

Like I said the bus wasn't full & there were seats available. The woman didn't say a word to the guy, she just grabbed his bag & threw it off.
How was the guy supposed to know she wanted to sit next to him?

And what if the guy had something valuable or fragile in his bag that warranted keeping it close to him rather than on the floor?

She was a bitch, and I really don't have a problem with him pushing her away. I meant to say that pushing wasn't so bad, whereas hitting her would have been wrong in my book.