Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Supergirl  (Read 11549 times)

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
Re: Supergirl
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2016, 02:22:51 PM »

I knew the Supergirl episode wouldn't directly be dealing with the main story but I was hoping Barry and Cisco would show up early and help Supergirl before heading back.

Yeah I figured it would be like the last 10 mins of the ep, but we got 20 secs.  They shouldn't have done it that way, but hopefully the rest are better.  The Arrow episode description makes me wary, though.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2016, 02:50:03 PM »

It would have been great if Cyborg not supes was taken out by Barry and Cisco.

Master Tolkien

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
  • I write about dragons. Bitches love dragons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 30, 2016, 01:04:38 AM »

It could very well end up that Arrow is going to be 95% Arrow and 5% teaser for crossover. Meaning this event is like 2.15 episodes of crossover.

Of the 10 villains, so far as things of this nature can be remembered going back afore the days the board crashes, 9 filled with dread and cursed in vain at the sight of Master.

altoon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2016, 02:47:27 AM »

Probably seeing as it's Arrow 100 ep.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 02, 2016, 05:37:44 AM »

This ep. was more like a tie in to a major event thats advertised on the cover of a comic and only has one page with the hero getting yanked into the main story in another book.

I did like the show tying up the white martian, Cadmus, and lesbian stories.
Cadmus will obviously be revisited, and now Mon-El has stalkers. Pretty satisfying.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 24, 2017, 03:34:41 PM »

Anyone think the runaway daughter older than her mom?

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2017, 11:31:38 PM »

I liked me some runaway Harley Quinn...

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »

Last few eps have been good (though i really miss Cat), but really looking forward to Mister Mxyzptlk next week!

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 23, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »

While it was overall fun, the Myxy ep. Threw away Mon-El characterization too easily.
The sophmore season seemes unfocused somehow, and i really think its due to Cat not being there.
She anchored, mentored and pushed the main character.
We barely see Catco, and while the various plot threads show potential, i want more pay off.
Whatever grade season 1 got in anyone's mind, this one should get a minus attached. While it hasnt been worse, it hasnt been better.

altoon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 23, 2017, 08:07:27 PM »

I've been doing like I did with smalleville and only catching certain episodes but yeah from what I've seen losing Cat was a major blow to this show.  And honestly the first 2 eps of this season were the best of the entire series.

Pillow Biter

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2017, 02:23:13 PM »

As in the comics, I feel that you ultimately do your main characters a disservice by adding 'clone' characters, particularly when they are as or more powerful than the original. IN the short term, you get some nice stories. But in the long term, the uniqueness of your main character is undermined.
Obviously, given that Supergirl is herself a clone character, the above thesis is a bit problematic in the case of Supergirl. Nevertheless, there is no need to keep adding clones like Martians, Daxamites, and other Kryptonians.
This show would ultimately better if Superman and Kara were the only Kryptonians who ever appeared. You can add Martians, but go the JLU route from the DCAU and downplay their Superman-type powers and focus on their shapeshifting and TP. There was no need for Daxamites.
Superman should be clearly more powerful than Kara, probably in every respect, though it might be OK to give her a few areas of superiority (if explained properly). But teasing that Kara might be more powerful is a cheap way to generate interest in her. She's supposed to be in his shadow and trying to find a place for herself despite him being 'the man'. Superman's immense power and his nearly ideal character are what make his shadow so long and hard to escape. That's where the tension is in her character arc--making it so that she is ultimately the most powerful changes the nature of the key dramatic tension that defines the Supergirl character. This is about her finding a way to shine despite being number two--not about her becoming number one, or even number 1(B). That's too easy an out. Fortunately, while the show seemed to be taking the Supergirl > Superman route early on, they later backed off of that. Even with Martians they seem to have slowly returned to Kryptonians > Martians, despite suggesting the opposite earlier on. But this remains in doubt, and at any rate, Martians are still too close to being on the same physical level as Kryptonians, even if ultimately less powerful.
The Flash has it's issues here as well, with too many speedsters. At least in Arrow, Ollie is clearly the bow guy and much better than his sister. And Speedy never became another Green Arrow.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2017, 02:56:23 PM »

Impressive strength feat for Kara. Holding a spaceship in orbit trying to jump into hyperspace.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 21, 2017, 05:22:48 AM »

^^^yeah that was impressive.

This week's episode was fairly decent, but i had to Google the crossover villain just now. Music Meister. Holy obscure villain, people. 

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 21, 2017, 02:14:28 PM »

^^^yeah that was impressive.

This week's episode was fairly decent, but i had to Google the crossover villain just now. Music Meister. Holy obscure villain, people.

Um, watch Batman: The Brave & the Bold. We pretty much knew who the villain would be the moment they announced a musical episode was coming.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 21, 2017, 09:06:22 PM »

Um, sorry guy, when that show was out i was basically spending my time killing hadjis in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Never got around to watching the show when i got back to the world.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20