Herochat

Supergirl

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
Re: Supergirl
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2016, 08:04:38 PM »
It could very well end up that Arrow is going to be 95% Arrow and 5% teaser for crossover. Meaning this event is like 2.15 episodes of crossover.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2016, 09:47:27 PM »
Probably seeing as it's Arrow 100 ep.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2017, 10:34:41 AM »
Anyone think the runaway daughter older than her mom?

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2017, 03:07:27 PM »
I've been doing like I did with smalleville and only catching certain episodes but yeah from what I've seen losing Cat was a major blow to this show.  And honestly the first 2 eps of this season were the best of the entire series.

Pillow Biter

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2017, 09:23:13 AM »
As in the comics, I feel that you ultimately do your main characters a disservice by adding 'clone' characters, particularly when they are as or more powerful than the original. IN the short term, you get some nice stories. But in the long term, the uniqueness of your main character is undermined.
Obviously, given that Supergirl is herself a clone character, the above thesis is a bit problematic in the case of Supergirl. Nevertheless, there is no need to keep adding clones like Martians, Daxamites, and other Kryptonians.
This show would ultimately better if Superman and Kara were the only Kryptonians who ever appeared. You can add Martians, but go the JLU route from the DCAU and downplay their Superman-type powers and focus on their shapeshifting and TP. There was no need for Daxamites.
Superman should be clearly more powerful than Kara, probably in every respect, though it might be OK to give her a few areas of superiority (if explained properly). But teasing that Kara might be more powerful is a cheap way to generate interest in her. She's supposed to be in his shadow and trying to find a place for herself despite him being 'the man'. Superman's immense power and his nearly ideal character are what make his shadow so long and hard to escape. That's where the tension is in her character arc--making it so that she is ultimately the most powerful changes the nature of the key dramatic tension that defines the Supergirl character. This is about her finding a way to shine despite being number two--not about her becoming number one, or even number 1(B). That's too easy an out. Fortunately, while the show seemed to be taking the Supergirl > Superman route early on, they later backed off of that. Even with Martians they seem to have slowly returned to Kryptonians > Martians, despite suggesting the opposite earlier on. But this remains in doubt, and at any rate, Martians are still too close to being on the same physical level as Kryptonians, even if ultimately less powerful.
The Flash has it's issues here as well, with too many speedsters. At least in Arrow, Ollie is clearly the bow guy and much better than his sister. And Speedy never became another Green Arrow.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2017, 09:56:23 AM »
Impressive strength feat for Kara. Holding a spaceship in orbit trying to jump into hyperspace.

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2017, 10:14:28 AM »
^^^yeah that was impressive.

This week's episode was fairly decent, but i had to Google the crossover villain just now. Music Meister. Holy obscure villain, people.

Um, watch Batman: The Brave & the Bold. We pretty much knew who the villain would be the moment they announced a musical episode was coming.

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2017, 05:19:54 PM »
Um, sorry guy, when that show was out i was basically spending my time killing hadjis in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Never got around to watching the show when i got back to the world.
You would love it. Right up your alley.

Uhtceare

• +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2017, 08:12:14 PM »
I want to like this show. Benoist is adorable and charming. But the writing is just so up its own ass it's unbearable.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2017, 06:19:47 PM »
The episode made me realize how much I miss Cat.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2017, 09:08:08 PM »
Oh look at that. Superman saving 2 innocent bystanders from "Zod"

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2017, 09:14:02 PM »
that was actually a pretty good fight

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2017, 09:18:31 PM »
"I was at full strength and you beat me." OOOOH SHIT SON!

JAXN

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2017, 10:21:29 AM »
Best episode for me. Really good fight between Superman and Mon-El's mom. Cat is needed on the show and I liked her remarks at the end

Uhtceare

• +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2017, 12:51:43 PM »
Am I the only one who was creeped out by the Martian Manhunter/Miss Martian kiss? I had gotten a father/daughter vibe from them up until that moment, so when they kissed, my reaction was...guh.