Herochat

Better Call Saul

MTL76

• +1109/-10
    • View Profile
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2017, 01:15:34 PM »
I don't mind that Mike's track is relatively separate from Jimmy's. They criss cross each other on occasion.

Knowing this series is a prequel is a bit of a downer, though, because Jimmy seems like a genuinely nice guy, albeit one who can't seem to resist his vices every now and then. It's a shame knowing where he's going to end up, and I almost hope they wind up being in a separate continuity. Barring that, I hope that the last season fast forwards into Jimmy's present and he finds a way out of his Cinnabon hell.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

AP

• +48/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »
Just finished the third season.  I kinda figured Chuck would get to that point sooner or later.  The great thing about the show is that both Jimmy and Chuck are both complete assholes and yet there's still sympathy there.

MTL76

• +1109/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2017, 11:38:37 AM »
Jimmy isn't a complete asshole - yet. He torpedoed his law practice and gave up over a million bucks (temporarily) to repair the reputation of an old woman. He's got a good heart but he's weak and gives in to temptation.

I think he won't fully transform into Saul until something bad happens to Kim, which I assume will happen during the last season.

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2017, 02:06:24 PM »
Jimmy isn't a complete asshole - yet. He torpedoed his law practice and gave up over a million bucks (temporarily) to repair the reputation of an old woman. He's got a good heart but he's weak and gives in to temptation.

I think he won't fully transform into Saul until something bad happens to Kim, which I assume will happen during the last season.

meh he did after first ruining her life. Also how he left his last law firm was pretty dicky. The whole slipping Jimmy shit people would hate if they ever done to his buisness. And chucks a dick...but the stealing and changing the files, as well as what he pulled at the insurance agency was a dick move

MTL76

• +1109/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 02:26:23 PM »
I'm not saying Jimmy's a saint by any means. I think he really wants to leave his "Slipping Jimmy" days behind him, but he's a bit weak and goes with what he knows when he's in a tight spot. This tension between doing what's right and doing what's expedient is what makes Jimmy such a great character.