Herochat

Better Call Saul

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 10:21:22 AM »
Wonder what Cinnabon workers think of their job being a metaphor for basically Jimmys hell

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 11:22:57 AM »
Wonder what Cinnabon workers think of their job being a metaphor for basically Jimmys hell

Hahaha

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Whiskeyclone

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 06:21:43 PM »
Another great season so far, for sure. Definitely my favorite dramatic show airing atm.

mob parker

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2016, 09:20:36 PM »
Is Mikes daughter in law crazy or a liar who is using him?
post a shoe on your head doing 150 push-ups or your lying. that's how it's done around here no?

Broken spirited House negroes usually despise Black people with dignity and self respect.

Your busted mug could make anyone shiver, but as ugly as you are it's nothing compared to your stupidity.

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 08:26:19 AM »
I think she's using him.

Follow-up question: Did Kim defend Jimmy from Chuck, and warn Jimmy to cover his tracks, only because she cares about Jimmy? Or because she wants the new client, and knows if he gets caught it will make her look bad?

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 02:08:47 AM »
So does chuck know it's in his head now enough where he playing up his illness. Or does he be leave it but know Jimmy doesn't an thus playing up his illness

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2016, 09:25:55 AM »
Hell of a cliffhanger to end the season on. I predicted Chuck was taping the conversation and I'm surprised Jimmy didn't realize it as well. He's slipping (pun intended.)

I don't think Chuck is "faking" his illness because I'm certain he truly believes he has electromagnetic hypersensitivity disorder, or whatever it's called. But his symptoms are psychosomatic and when he has a goal he won't display them, like someone who has Munchausen syndrome. Basically he doesn't have any insight into his own disease. If Jimmy told him that he spent his whole hospital stay on an electric bed, like in his previous hospital admission, his mind would just come up with an excuse as to why it didn't trigger his disease.

Kim is really going to get fucked over here. Her reputation is going to be ruined.

Who warned Mike? I'm guessing Gus.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2016, 04:09:22 AM »
I just finished the first two seasons, so I'm caught up.

Not as intense as Breaking Bad, but I didn't expect it to be.  I like how they flesh out Saul/Jimmy's character so that we get to find out why he is the way he is.  It makes it more tragic when you learn he is actually a decent guy trying to do the right thing but just can't help himself.

Also, it makes me love Mike even more (as well as hate Walt a little more for killing him).

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2016, 07:44:40 AM »
Why isn't this anywhere yet

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2017, 10:03:15 PM »
anyone see it

pretty good. Altough Saul and Mike now seem like official different shows now

Chuck still a prick. Figure he plan to have the guy find the tape and make it look like an accident

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 05:06:20 AM »
Third season just came to Netflix.  The first two episodes are pretty damn good.

Rynox

• +14/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2017, 12:55:14 PM »
That last ep tho

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »
Yeah, this is a great show. Every character arc is interesting, not just Jimmy and Mike's.

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 01:03:39 PM »
interesting seeing  Jimmy go full saul mode..which makes me think..ok he made the move to Saul
But then next episode he goes right back

Like this season
But sometimes the pace been kind of slow with the multiple montages.

and the mike stuff is great but seem like a totally different show not connected to what anything Jimmy was doing.

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2017, 01:15:34 PM »
I don't mind that Mike's track is relatively separate from Jimmy's. They criss cross each other on occasion.

Knowing this series is a prequel is a bit of a downer, though, because Jimmy seems like a genuinely nice guy, albeit one who can't seem to resist his vices every now and then. It's a shame knowing where he's going to end up, and I almost hope they wind up being in a separate continuity. Barring that, I hope that the last season fast forwards into Jimmy's present and he finds a way out of his Cinnabon hell.