Herochat

Better Call Saul

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 08:15:23 PM »
Every ep of this is like heroine being beamed directly to my brain. The opening with Saul's brother, the "REVEAL" about his illness (which they're still unclear of), Jim going around potential clients (BUT FOR ME IT WAS TUESDAY.) and the god damned ending with Mike, it's like, wtf, we're making progress but I want more

SO MUCH MORE

Better than any meat injection.

MTL76

• +27/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 11:01:14 PM »
Yeah I agree, I can't wait for the next episode as soon as the end credits roll. This is how I felt with Fargo. Odenkirk is giving the performance of a lifetime. Whether he's grinding out a living from his crappy consults (god I fucking related to that), or telling the sleazebag lawyer that he's going to commit his brother just to see the lawyer sweat, but then tells his side woman that committing his brother was NEVER an option... You can't help but root for the guy. Even when he's running a scam.

Wait what about beef injection.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 05:13:59 AM »
Yeah I agree, I can't wait for the next episode as soon as the end credits roll. This is how I felt with Fargo. Odenkirk is giving the performance of a lifetime. Whether he's grinding out a living from his crappy consults (god I fucking related to that), or telling the sleazebag lawyer that he's going to commit his brother just to see the lawyer sweat, but then tells his side woman that committing his brother was NEVER an option... You can't help but root for the guy. Even when he's running a scam.

Wait what about beef injection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUaXbM_lZj0

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 07:00:10 PM »
This is a BEAUTIFULLY SHOT SERIES btw wanted to put that out there

I loved we got a Mike background story but Jesus Christ

IT'S SO FUCKING SAD D:

I finished The Walking Dead Telltale game two days ago AND NOW THIS it's like I'm feeling empathy for fictional characters AND I DON'T LIKE IT ONE BIT

MTL76

• +27/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 08:50:08 AM »
Oh yeah, the mood of the last episode was such a shift. Mike was intense.

The Story of Mike could easily have been expanded to be a feature film.

For some reason, Mike's confession at the end reminded me of Mr. White's confession in Reservoir Dogs and I don't know why.

Mr. White: We had just gotten away from the cops. He just got shot. It was my fault he got shot. He's a fuckin' bloody mess - he's screaming. I swear to god, I thought he was gonna die right then and there. I'm tryin' to comfort him, telling him not to worry, everything's gonna be okay, I'm gonna take care of him. And he asked me what my name was. I mean, the man was dyin' in my arms. What the fuck was I supposed to do? Tell him: "Sorry, I can't give out that fuckin' information! It's against the rules! I don't trust you enough!"? Or maybe I should've, but I couldn't! Fuck you and fuck Joe!

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 08:21:41 PM »
It's great to see that Saul is a scammer, or rather Jimmy (so weird to have to call him that) and knows tons of tricks, and it was so great to see Charles PROUD of him in the starter.

Then his determination to crack / solve / find out about a case with ... somehow ... still has a shred of decency. Sure he's going to make a buck, but it was because he thought other people were being misused.

MTL76

• +27/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 11:03:53 PM »
Is Saul/Jimmy's brother going to die in a home fire set off by his gas lamp or oven?

EDIT: And now, after their confrontation, I want him to.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:39:47 PM by MTL76 »

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 08:32:58 AM »
Yeah fuck 'im. I know Saul is a bit of a sleaze, but that was cold.

Aside from that, it was a cool Mike ep.

Whiskeyclone

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 10:37:29 PM »
That one was firing on all cylinders. The most I've enjoyed Mike so far, too (I like him in general, but I feel like some people are more excited about his presence than the Jimmy/Saul lead. I'm watching Better Call Saul, Saul is my primary interest).

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 05:27:04 PM »
Good ep this, but not as solid as the last couple have been. Though it helps that it was building up Jimmy perfectly and god that montage in Chicago.

MTL76

• +27/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 05:50:55 PM »
Something about the way this ended really hits home on the difficulties of doing a prequel. Since we know where Jimmy and Mike will end up, it makes futile to root for him. Jimmy should have taken that job, and gotten the girl, and the only reason he didn't is because he can't, because he has to wind up as sleazy Saul. It's frustrating because for all his low-rent cons, Jimmy's a pretty decent guy.

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 07:25:37 PM »
Didn't realize this was the season finale. In that case I have a lot more respect for it. Head writer guy who's name I can't remember right now said he often tries to put "episodes that feel like season finales" in the middle somewhere, and end seasons (generally) on different notes, that make the change to the next season feel different.

In this case we have Mike becoming more ... Mike as we know him, and Saul realizing he should have just done the "Wrong thing" (As Mike put it)

In retrospect it makes me appreciate this episode a lot more. Touching back with his roots, dealing with criminal Super Mario and then losing him... Yeah.

therock

• +17/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 08:47:58 AM »
Anyone been watching the new season

Really like the brother dynamic