• View Profile
Re: Cap replaces Midnighter
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 05:47:17 PM »

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »
Pretty sure his tactical genius is due to his enhanced brain.

Kang Council

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 05:48:41 PM »
He's saying that Cap isn't as good at coming up with sneaky plans as Midnighter, which will become a problem when the Authority comes up against a more powerful enemy.

I thought Cap was a tactical genuis anyway.  Also Cap was leading the secret avengers so i don't know about that.  I think he'd do just fine.
They dont play it the way they should,Cap got also a peak human brain but it seems his tactical genius comes from nowhere.

Funny I was thinking of that.  Yea Steve is naturally smart anyway, to be honest I don't think a lot of writers write Steve with enhanced intelligence.  i didn't even know that and I had being read Cap for years.  No mention in bios etc.

Kang Council

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »
Pretty sure his tactical genius is due to his enhanced brain.

Well you'd be wrong. He's been 'depowered' and hes looked just as smart, plus I think he used to be an industrial artist before he got enhanced.

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 05:54:07 PM »
Good point. i forgot about his depowering yet still being tactically sound.

MTL76

• +1109/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 05:54:53 PM »

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Kang Council

• +0/-0
    • View Profile

Animalia

• +6/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 06:00:37 PM »
Strange enough they did mention his peak human brain in the past.

scourge

• +23/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 06:25:44 PM »
Cap already had pretty great reflexes, don't know that they can get any conceptually better w/o factoring in a Spidey sense allowing him to react before something happens. Being as indestructible as Wolverine is  huge. It opens him up for offense with the shield in a new way, no longer needing to think defensively to the same degree but still having the option for it. Even though Mids is still stronger and has the battle computer, I see Cap as a step up. Sparks was the only leader they had worth a damn. Cap will inspire them and find a happy medium as he can be pretty brutal in his own right.
Cap + DOOR=WIN...Safado be damned!

But this most of all.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 06:27:21 PM by scourge »

MTL76

• +1109/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 06:37:17 PM »
Cap will prevent them from sliding into the casual brutality they typically engage in. He's be a very positive addition to a team who usually can't think of anything past "Bash their heads in."

As for his brain, I assume if he were stripped of all effects of the SSS, he would lose his ability to rapidly assimilate new knowledge, but would retain all previously acquired knowledge. I also prefer my Jesus as an old man in a clown suit drinking root beer.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

nu-safado

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 06:46:55 PM »
I am a writer. I'm writing on an iPad while squeezing one out on the can. Don't expect rudyard Kipling like analyses and descriptions of captain America, I'm already concentrating on....hold on.......ahh.......two things.

The authority has a lot of power and an upgraded cap would be another powerhouse on a team with two Deus x machina characters and a lot of powerful,people. Midnight ear is their batman character

He's the guy who (as mtl kindly clarified) comes up with the sneaky plans. More importantly he's got batman ability, to a lesser degree, to see the broader picture of what's going on before anyone else does.

E.g

Long time ago but the jla is under attack from the hyperclan. With years to prep they catch the jla completely off guard and capture them. Batman is somehow left alone.

He's the first of all of them to figure out that the guys with superman like powers who seem to afraid of flames left him alone because they're martians. They wanted no part of batman in the smoldering wreckage of the batwing they brought down.

Batman collaborates with Jon and takes out 4 of them with gasoline and matches together with John and rallies the team.

One by one the others figure it out too. The guy who turned the tide was batman

I don't see cap as being able to do that. He's a military man. If there's a battle going on I see cap as the tactician who will see the battle unfold and understand the enemies tactics before anyone else and know exactly who's right for what mission.

Batman can do that to a degree and vice versa but batman is the guy who will figure out who the attackers are, what they're after and how to sabotage them before he figures out what tactics, formations, weapons and so on they're using.

Just how I see the two characters.

The authority loses their sneaky big picture guy and gets an amazing general. The authority becomes better equipped to fight high powered battles but loses the ability to perhaps fight when they're outgunned or might walk into a trap kids might have seen but cap wouldn't.

Kang Council

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 07:05:13 PM »
Guys he doesn't have a spider sense.  Cap has all the benefits of the SSS + Spiderman level reflexes.  Point being he now has 100% official superhuman reflexes not borderline, yea not sure it will make a big difference but I think it would still be helpful.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:08:38 PM by Kang Council »

Dalek

• +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2015, 07:09:03 PM »
Makes me curious how the first major arc would go.

In the first arc Midnighter ended the conflict with Kaizen Gamorra by personally taking an action that involved a lot of civilian casulties. I can not see Captain America doing that so the Authority still wins but the conflict might be longer.

Midnighter's absence and Cap's presence make it a lot harder for Bendix to pull off what he did in taking down the Authority initally.

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2015, 07:15:46 PM »
Negative points to Animalia for not changing that sig pic.

Not even a semi looking at that broad.

Dalek

• +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2015, 07:21:53 PM »
Cap will prevent them from sliding into the casual brutality they typically engage in. He's be a very positive addition to a team who usually can't think of anything past "Bash their heads in."

Good point I see the Authority with Cap staying a lot closer to the team Jenny originally formed and not falling into the mess they did under Jack's leadership.