Herochat

Lost and Found - forgotten movies, books, TV shows, etc.

Riv1

• +63/-1057
    • View Profile
Re: Lost and Found - forgotten movies, books, TV shows, etc.
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2018, 12:15:46 PM »
Circle of Iron sonds interesting.  Starred David Carradine and Chritopher Lee and was co-written by Bruce Lee before he died.

Yeah, i didnt know that last till you gave me the name & i looked it up. Sigh. Bruce ... :(

Wealth & Fame he ignores, breaking scourge, is his reward. Look out!

Hulk Victorious

• +2/-189
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2018, 09:03:36 AM »
I remember seeing this movie approx 9 years ago. I believe it was a direct to TV movie. I thought at first it was something related to X-men but it was not.
The opening has two young men fighting some mooks and stomping them, let's call them E and S. Then as they begin to leave, one of mooks get up and try to hit one in the back with a metal pipe only to be dropped by the E's electrical powers

They had this secret training center for those with powers. Their leader was this guy with grey hair but looked young otherwise. I think he looked like the one who played The Atom in LOT.

Then there was this guy who sneanks into this house to kidnap a boy with heat control powers, and in the boy's futile attempt to escape he accidentally burns a hole in the guy's hand, and guy takes him to some place and puts him in cage. I think that might have been a dog kennel
So the heroes investigate, questioning the parents. That's when the Jean Grey stand in girl (who IIRC looked a bit like Alexandra Daddario) looked into the mom's mind and couldn't scene much but image of her reaching out to her son with a totally white background. The leader later theorized that she was a telepath and had a telepathic connection to her son.
Later they find out where the boy is being held and the two guys from the opening go tobsave him, and it's revealed that S can temporarily access Super Strength, which is marked by his blood vessels becoming orange and visible

Then E takes out a tracker/power nullifier on the boy's neck with his powers and they leave. On the way, a woman takes S hostage and demands the boy,non which E starts forming an electrical ball in his hand ala The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Then the boy imitatesbhis movements and forms a ball of heat energy in his hand, which he fires at the woman's gun, which she drops since it became too hot and burned her hand and they ko her. It's revealed that the kidnapping was orchestrated by the boy's dad in an attempt to remove his powers but something went Wrong.

The guy's take the boy to their centre before sending him home, making the boy happy. The movie ends with the leader guy overlooking a room where something is being built, from a overhead room separated by glass

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2018, 10:52:21 PM »
So a movie about 12-15 years ago that had two kids in a Mansion or House of some sort with a (maybe) anthropomorphic pig villain or creature.

Anybody have any ideas?

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2018, 04:24:09 PM »
I had one. it was a sitcom that aired on the Disney Channel in the late 80s. short lived, might have also been on another network they had a deal with.

Anyways, there was a married couple and they moved to Arizona and found a pair of kids squatting in their new home, an older boy like 10ish and a younger girl about 5-6.

they pretended the kids were theirs in order to get a good impression with the guy's new boss.

I remember one exchange in particular. The Dad was cooking breakfast and put on a Zorro mask and asked everyone to guess who he was

little girl: Batman!

mom: the Lone Ranger!

boy: Racoon Boy!

XMinusOne

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2018, 12:46:51 PM »
So a movie about 12-15 years ago that had two kids in a Mansion or House of some sort with a (maybe) anthropomorphic pig villain or creature.

Anybody have any ideas?

Spiderwick Chronicles?

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2018, 07:13:19 PM »
I think you nailed it there