Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Interesting Take On DC Movies  (Read 22508 times)

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
Interesting Take On DC Movies
« on: November 08, 2014, 06:48:59 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zWUwx5UyCI

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. She nailed the differences between the two companies in a heartbeat but........................

My suspicion (hope) is that DC has put talent on it's projects that is directly addressing what she discussed - Superman's morality, Batman's endless fight that will only end with his death, WW's co-opted feminism (though now mixed with fantastical elements).

I think having Affleck, Terrio and allegedly Geoff Johns is a decent sign that they are trying to put comic book guys instead of suits in the right places

Or am I being overly optimistic? I thiink some signs point to moving in the direction she layed out

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Take On DC Movies
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:41:38 AM »

I really am hoping for the best here.
DC has great characters, but, aside from Superman and Batman, they've never really done much with them.

Swamp Thing, Jonah Hex, Watchmen, Green Lantern.
Thats what i got that wasnt Supes/Bats related after Googling.

Given that quite a few of the Batman movies were bad (not talking just box office but quality/nerd approvsl) as were the later Superman ones, the 06 remake, Green Lantern too, well, they have work to do.

Marvel's had a bunch more movies out about a wider range of characters when they were optioning, before Marvel Studios. Many were clunkers, but many werent.

DC hasnt taken near as many chances, and are jumping head first into waters Marvel has made very dangerous....

Propeus The Fallen

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 11:26:20 AM »

Didn't Geoff Johns help with the Green Lantern movie?

altoon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 12:17:51 PM »

I honestly don't think the Superman/Batman movies gonna be that good because there trying to throw too much in it and make it a launch movie for it universe instead of a good Superman/batman movie.  Everything I hear makes me think of Amazing Spider-man and all the big plans they had for spin-offs that have now been stopped when it didn't perform how they wanted it to.

Propeus The Fallen

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 01:49:39 PM »

I think it'll do good. I mean, even horrible movies do good. People just go out and want to watch a movie.

A movie would have to be horrible on every level for no one to go see. It would have to be so bad that people would have to hate it so much that they would spend their time warning as many people as possible not to see it.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 01:56:47 PM »

^Superman Returns

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 03:11:02 PM »

Even if BvS is a "bad" movie, it'll still make enough money to guarantee a sequel/continuation of the story.

Dutchman

• Administrator
  • Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »

totes

altoon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »

Even if BvS is a "bad" movie, it'll still make enough money to guarantee a sequel/continuation of the story.

Yeah of course it'll make money but will it make enough for Wb to be comfortable to continue with the other DC properties is the question.  Hell amazing spider-man 2 made over 700 mill and Sony had to rethink there plans and pushed the next on back 4 years and are reluctant to do any of the spin-off because of how unliked it was.

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 04:06:50 PM »

Yeah of course it'll make money but will it make enough for Wb to be comfortable to continue with the other DC properties is the question.  Hell amazing spider-man 2 made over 700 mill and Sony had to rethink there plans and pushed the next on back 4 years and are reluctant to do any of the spin-off because of how unliked it was.

It would have to do abysmally for WB to scrap their plans ar this point. And noway does a film starring Batman AND Superman make less than $800 million.

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 07:35:11 PM »

is this going to be the Dc movie news topic

Dutchman

• Administrator
  • Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 07:53:09 PM »

yes

Panthergod

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 08:05:29 PM »

Thetes no way this isnt a decent movie without them deliberately causing it to be. Fuck DC. I have no hope at this point. Really? Superman is looking to be Batmans sidekick. Thats the ticket you fucking moron snyder. Bringing miller of all people. Bring in morrison, waid to balance it out at least but no. DKR is brilliant but he helped ruin the character-- Supes -- for a generation. Fuuuuuuuuck.

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 08:51:57 PM »

If they are smart

Big if

I don't think batman will make superman his sidekick. It will likely start antagonistic ally, I really hope they don't add in the "I want you to remember Clark" , that would be..........bad as superman rises to the challenge he finds the moral footing that makes him superman and he acts in the world as Clark, which lets him see the world through our eyes

I'm expecting some dialogue by the end with superman having the upper hand and inspiring batman to become a hero again by inspiring him

It depends if they get the characters or just write fan fiction

And then

Master Tolkien

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
  • I write about dragons. Bitches love dragons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 03:27:58 PM »

The whole concept of having a late-in-his-career Batman and a rookie Superman sounds awful to me.

Of the 10 villains, so far as things of this nature can be remembered going back afore the days the board crashes, 9 filled with dread and cursed in vain at the sight of Master.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22