what movie are you watching?

HalloweenJack

• +25/-7
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Re: what movie are you watching?
« Reply #465 on: April 08, 2018, 06:48:58 PM »
Disaster Artist. It's pretty funny.

Gonna follow it up with  We Are Marshall. I've seen it before, and really liked it.

Did you watch The Room first?

I've seen the most notorious scenes from it on YouTube. I know it's supposed to be so bad it's good, but I don't think that could carry me through the whole movie in one sitting. I've seen enough of it to recognize the re-created scenes in Disaster Artist.

Disaster Artist is not a flat-out comedy, it's also somewhat creepy, which makes it work better than a straight comedy IMHO. I can almost see James Fraco's character turning out to be a serial killer by the end.

give it at least one shot. I was unsure too until I watched it and flat out had a ball with it.

NeoGreenLantern

• +78/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 11, 2018, 09:25:55 PM »
Tag I saw this gif awhile ago.

Never knowing where it was from. Then I was watching the Joel McHale Show with Joe McHale and they played the clip and learned the movie is on Netflix.

Also here is a creepy review from IMDB for the movie.
Sion Sono the rebel genius returns to what he does best and does so uniquely. It is no secret that while America has gone Taliban and does body shaming on the street, at schools, on aeroplanes and more japan has advanced and the human body, pleasure and attractiveness have become normalized. Japanese women lead the world in showing everyone what nature and beauty is about and here Sono takes advantage to show us to bodies, legs, hair and panties, but incorporates a tale of gruesome gory massacre. Wow, cool. Action of one way, action of the other way and Sono gives the world another reason to cheer him on.

NeoGreenLantern

• +78/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 11, 2018, 10:03:31 PM »
They keep playing this super fucking familiar bit of music and I can't figure out where its from.

NeoGreenLantern

• +78/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 11, 2018, 11:06:39 PM »
https://youtu.be/jGzdzG7o6dg?t=5m31s

They have the full movie on Youtube. I marked the video right where the score starts to sound super familiar. Anyone recognize where else its from?

herochat

• +108/-81
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 12, 2018, 01:13:50 AM »
Its the title screen theme from Ocarina of Time
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

Riv1

• +40/-875
  • ...Kaze ni Nare...
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 18, 2018, 05:44:46 AM »
Watched RAMPAGE yesterday. It was pretty fun!