Herochat

Gotham

issue9mm

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Gotham
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 09:28:28 AM »
I'm a hipster. I don't like Penny Arcade.

I'll accept any answer that doesn't cite Dickwolves.

NeoGreenLantern

• +99/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 09:31:37 AM »
Anyone who has a problem with Dickwolves is not a person I want to associate with.

anyone else have a problem with a bunch of the characters being significantly older than Bruce? So he's gonna grow up to beat up the elderly?

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 09:42:32 AM »

I'll accept any answer that doesn't cite Dickwolves.
I just don't think it's funny anymore.
I don't give a shit about Dickwolves, I think the fact people got upset over fictional creatures that exist merely for raping old slaves was funnier than a random comic.

Like the Riddler one here.

Astro

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 01:40:06 PM »
Anyone who has a problem with Dickwolves is not a person I want to associate with.

anyone else have a problem with a bunch of the characters being significantly older than Bruce? So he's gonna grow up to beat up the elderly?

No, because it's a TV show. It's make believe. Why do people worry so much about something that isn't ever going to happen?

Ramz

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 01:48:56 PM »
Because Neogreenlantern, thats why.

Mightily Oats

• +80/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 02:11:24 PM »

Third ep is a decent ep with a vigilante psycho who uses balloons to kill people.
I've been waiting for the Balloonler to rear his mighty head

Astro

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 02:11:41 PM »
And let's be real, the very heart of Batman is super-fucked up. It's this rich, aristocratic white dude beating up on the poor and the mentally ill.

Next to that, beating up the the elderly is tame.

Astro

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »
It's the best live action comic book related TV show I've ever seen (Walking Dead, Arrow, Smallville, Agents of Shield, Constantine, Flash, Birds of Prey).

It's really just okay.

Really? I was thuroughly unimpressed by the 1st episode. Jada sucked, they kept hammering everyone down the the references, there was some seriously weirdly disjointed camera work, fucking cockney Alfred, actors were chewing up the scenery left and right, etc, etc. I was half expecting Jada to say to the comedian, "I love ya kid! You're a reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaal, Joker!" and wink at the camera.

There were problems; Smith is chewing the scenery in an awful way, but I'm digging all the other character actors (except maybe Montoya, but whatever). Really digging Donal, I think OC is pretty solid as a lead, I like the Penguin and the Riddler well enough, I think the kid is solid, Cockney Alfred I'm ambivalent about, and I think the camera work and set design is the best I've seen for a show like this.

I don't see how it's even really arguable. From all technical perspectives, it's better than the rest of the shit that people wank off to. I'd rather watch the commercial breaks of Gotham than watch Arrow.

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 06:50:57 PM »
Jesus fucking Christ how does a show turn shit so quickly after me liking it the episode prior.

And as a person who has done restaurant work - as fucking if you'd let a dishwasher be restaurant manager just because he saved your dosh.

Of bloody fucking COURSE the plans of Arkham belonged to the Waynes otherwise we couldn't shoehorn in NOT-YET-BATMAN into a scene.

And seriously, who falls for the "Look into it" thing, who has their brains set on stupid so low.

Also, Jim Gordon, cop who shouldn't own a gun because criminals take it from him all the time. All the time.

MR. MAYOR SOMEBODY IS COMING TO KILL YOU, YOUR POLICE PROTECTION IS GONE

a man
who's
strolling
with a gadget
which is basically a knife
that's his schtick you see
so a dude with a knife
is coming to stab you
probably fatally

if only I had a gun OH WHOOPS FUCKING LOST IT

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 06:51:25 PM »
And here I am thinking "Oh wow, they actually had Penguin be clever and build up a base"
BUT NOPE, KILLING DUDES.

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 06:39:59 PM »
Ep 5 is better than ep 4 but GOD DAMNIT IS IT STILL DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMB

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 06:26:56 AM »
She's 14.

And yeah the ATM scene was cool. So was Maroni finally handling Penguin like he should be handled. But the rest was duuuuumb.

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 09:42:26 AM »
The actual "Spirit of the Goat" was interesting, but the rest is stupiiiiiiiiiiiid
stuuuuuuuuuuuupid
stupid stupid stupid.

Also I still don't believe Barbara.

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 07:37:38 AM »
but the ending KILLED it with awesome!
what
what
really

cause what
currently this is a third THE PENGUIN SHOW and its becoming tedious and unneeded.

And the E. Nygma scenes were just painful.

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile