Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes

Author Topic: Death-Stroke  (Read 660 times)

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
Death-Stroke
« on: July 28, 2015, 05:53:22 AM »

Code Name:  Death-Stroke

Given Name:  Tani Uiruson

What's that translate to? 

Tani essentially means "valley" or a "slade" in japanese.

Uiruson is how they spell/pronounce "Wilson".

Bio:

Supposedly he and his "Terminators" were ex-military commando's that had never failed a mission. 
First shows up working for the yakuza, hired to kill David Ishima but Spider-Woman gets in the way.  His and their first failure.
Doesn't show up again for a few years until he decides to go solo and try out for the Red Skull.  He fails, presumably dead.

Though, the woman who thought he was dead also thought someone else there was dead who turned out not to be.  They used him until he got into a fight with Crossbones, who cut his throat.  They buried him and Cut-Throat turns up a few years later.

So not the best record on their part for knowing if someone's dead or not.

Equipment:

Energy Knife:  Looks like a normal knife but can cut through a steel girder with no problem.
Shurikens:  Don't know where he gets them but he can whip them out of seemingly nowhere all ninja like, uses a lot of them.

Skills:  Presumably some kind of special forces military training, claims to know how to kill some one 37 different ways with his feet alone.

Despite the fact that his "Terminators" were undefeated and than defeated by just one person far as he knew.  Death-Stroke was still supremely confident in his ability to take down Spider-Woman.  References himself as the best there is.

May or may not be stealthy, he got to just within striking distance of Spider-Woman before she dodged him but she's also managed to do the same to Wolverine and he's practically a ninja god when he wants to be.....

Though he was apparently very new to the whole assassin/super science terrorism deal since despite working for a high tech criminal organization and being an experienced military professional in the Marvel U.  The concept that Spider-Woman could have super powers like, sticking to walls blew his mind.

His last appearance fighting against Mangler and Cut-Throat, when Mangler "mangles" the steel wall he doesn't have a heart attack.  So he may have gotten more used to the idea by then.

Physical Ability:  Maybe peak human speed and agility, striking power that can hurt class 5-7 folks

Appearance list:

Spider-Woman 39
Captain America 395
Captain America 408 (Brief Flashback)

Fight 1:  Death-Stroke vs Spider-Woman

Now what's interesting about this is that.....the word balloon for deathstroke at one point just seems to be pointing to empty space.

But if you look at the pre-color version, what seems to be shading for the way maybe a very poorly drawn human with a couple legs and an arm showing but maybe not.

If it is; makes his speed feat more impressive, because it means he went up a whole another floor and into a different room before spider-woman could even clear any more space to get to the window.

Fight 2:  Death-Stroke vs Mangler vs Cut-Throat

Flash Back:

If I had to guess I would say the Flash-back probably occurred right at the end when Cut-Throat picks up his knife. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:16:24 PM by g-train »

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
Re: Death-Stroke
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 06:01:42 AM »

Terminators:

Worked for Death-Stroke; ex-military commando's who never failed a mission.  Carried a single knife and some shurikens per individual.

How good are they?  Well, what I could find on-line wasn't that impressive.

One of them could beat Spider-Woman's boy friend after a mild fight but if your supposed to be some kind of extreme military commando, joe average-architect giving you even a mild fight isn't all that great a day.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 06:32:02 PM by g-train »

ProjectCornDog

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 05:41:58 PM »

As future moderator of the ICT boards, I applaud this thread.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 10:00:12 PM »

As future moderator of the ICT boards, I applaud this thread.

Yeah; I already had most of what I needed.  Little known character, not many appearances.  Though unfortunately lacking the Spider-Woman comic I had to grab what I could on-line for that.

One of the other profiles out there actually listed his name as "Eric?".....don't know if he was referenced or seemed to be called that name in his spider-woman appearance or not.

Tani Uiruson is from the handbooks so I went with that.

Also don't know what else could have been picked up from it for any other kind of information.

Don't know where he's from.  Considering his name and appearance would suspect of Japanese descent, that and the fact that he worked with the yakuza though they were willing to work with foreigners and non-Asians when it profited them so that doesn't guarantee anything.

And while he could be Asian; don't know if he was Asian-American or not, he certainly had a good grasp of English if he was non-American.

Or he could just be a "weeabo".

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 01:22:13 AM »

Here's something:

Not just me right, Death-Stroke has a "blue" eye shade there?

If so; that firmly put's Tani in either Happa territory or the weeaboo direction.