Herochat

Agents of SHIELD

NeoGreenLantern

• +59/-17
    • View Profile
Re: Agents of SHIELD
« Reply #765 on: February 17, 2017, 08:13:42 PM »
Do you think they gave Coulson a Bison speech as a purposeful reference to SF? I mean Ming-Na Wen was in that scene and its the best scene of the movie.

NeoGreenLantern

• +59/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 22, 2017, 09:08:18 AM »
So we are doing House of Hydra? Works for me. Also, it occurs to me that with Radcliffe in the framework he can easily make it seem like he was taken by Aida too after this all plays out.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 22, 2017, 01:31:38 PM »
So we are doing House of Hydra? Works for me. Also, it occurs to me that with Radcliffe in the framework he can easily make it seem like he was taken by Aida too after this all plays out.

I was gonna say, "But Koenig would attest to his treachery!"

Radcliffe can just say, "That was an LMD, bro."

But honestly, I think Radcliffe will confess because he sees himself as being right and is being corrupted by the Darkhold the longer he uses it.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

NeoGreenLantern

• +59/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 22, 2017, 01:34:58 PM »
Its going to be interesting to see how it plays out. It sucks the show is going on a six week hiatus because I really want to see the changes to an agent coulsonless world

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 24, 2017, 08:39:09 AM »
I agree, the mini arcs work much better than a traditional season and give the show a ton of flexibility. It lets the writers to both avoid filler episodes in order to reach the season quota and prevents them from needing to rush things in order to wrap up story lines by season's end.

It's amazing how much has been packed into each season without things feeling rushed, and I think the mini arcs are because of that. We've had Ghost Rider, LMDs, and now the Matrix. Any other show would have milked each of those for a whole season but SHIELD is confident enough that they will find new, interesting storylines.

The twists in this episode were so good. I legitimately didn't know who was the LMD, Fitz or Simmons, until the reveal. Daisy finding her bodies was dope. And Fake May choosing her "real" friends over her LMD ones was inspiring. If the SHIELD agents needed any proof that LMDs have the potential for life, she gave it to them. It's too bad she didn't make it... I'd have liked the two Mays to meet up.

Poor Radcliffe. He really seemed like he had everything under control... Until he didn't. I suppose Aida's betrayal is a fulfillment of a sci-fi trope but it was done so well.

The teaser shots of the virtual world were also great. I expected Coulson to not be an agent and for Mack to have his daughter back, but May as Director of a victorious Hydra? Simmons being DEAD (and now buried alive in a coffin)? Daisy dating GRANT WARD?!? It's great to have Grant come back a third time. I love how the writers have found a way to keep Brett Dalton on the show in such creative ways.

This is the best written show on network TV. How people can gush over Supergirl and other standard superhero/sci-fi fare and skip this is a mystery.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 24, 2017, 04:08:47 PM »
I unfortunately saw the Fitz reveal coming a mile away. I'm not saying it wasn't still great drama or anything,  but I never had a doubt during that scene.

I'm so stoked BD is back.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 25, 2017, 08:01:38 AM »
Also because Simmons was always with Agent Davis while Fitz had been alone. And Simmons was the one to point out the time lapse.

Still an excellent scene. Incredible acting. When she stabs him to death later (well... deactivation), wow. She's crying her way through stabbing a replica of her true love while he is begging her to stop. Then how he drops all emotion and tries to choke her, but he's already too weak... so he makes one last plea.

I did like how the newer LMDs being self-aware made them soulless to a degree. Whereas LMayD clung to her hope of being human.

NeoGreenLantern

• +59/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 25, 2017, 02:17:12 PM »
If AIDA is using knowledge from the Darkhold to build the framework what is the possibility its more than just a simulation and shes actually creating a pocket verse within another dimension?

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 25, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »
Definitely possible. The Darkhold is magic, after all. And the MCU has already shown magic and science are compatible.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 25, 2017, 09:40:54 PM »
Yeah, she scienced a sling ring portal into existence. The framework could be linked to an astral plane that Aida has warped to her needs.

NeoGreenLantern

• +59/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 25, 2017, 09:45:36 PM »
Yeah we can basically be seeing magic through the efficiency of science.

NeoGreenLantern

• +59/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 05, 2017, 01:23:39 AM »
So what's the over/under we get a good Ward at the end of this?

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 05, 2017, 11:58:55 AM »
I marked out a little when he revealed he was with the resistance. I didn't want another Daisy/Ward standoff. he's been my favorite character on this show since the hydra reveal. He's the only reason I picked up Until Dawn. Heh.

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 05, 2017, 09:41:22 PM »
A genuinely good Ward would actually be something we've seen before. Add in the angle of if LMDs are human and you have some compelling storylines.

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 05, 2017, 09:46:44 PM »
Also, Fitz is an intellectual pimp!

Jemma was killed because Aida knew Fitz was capable of defeating her. So she needed to link him to her and, with Jemma alive, she'd never have his complete devotion. His love of Simmons is the obvious key.