Herochat

Agents of SHIELD

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
Re: Agents of SHIELD
« Reply #1050 on: April 09, 2018, 02:12:50 PM »
Seems like Simmons is the only one that isn't annoyed by him.  I'm glad Creel turned on General Bitchface

^^^me too, on the heel/face turn.
Creel and Talbot seemed pretty tight previously, glad it wasnt ignored.

I did love that when Simmon told Yoyo that Deke was her grandson she goes "I'm sorry". Does anyone like him?
ha, just Simmons i guess!

scourge broke first

Tjackflash

• +6/-36
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 09, 2018, 04:08:55 PM »
  Did anybody else notice Coulson's Dr. Horrible reference "I don't wanna join your Evil League of Evil."
   Does this mean that the secret commander of Hydra is Bad Horse?
'cause justice is the one thing you should always find.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 09, 2018, 04:17:37 PM »
Obviously

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 09, 2018, 04:24:14 PM »
  Did anybody else notice Coulson's Dr. Horrible reference "I don't wanna join your Evil League of Evil."
   Does this mean that the secret commander of Hydra is Bad Horse?
I caught the line but not the reference. Nice!

Seeing Dove Cameron (who i only ever saw on Disney) fighting Creel was weird af, BTW.
Her as a psyco is hard to accept. Crossfit Barbie indeed.

scourge broke first

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 09, 2018, 06:09:24 PM »
Cameron is OK, but I think they could have cast the role better. She doesn't sell herself as a bad ass.

Iain De Caestecker has done a great, great job with post-breakdown Fitz. He's taken a very difficult character development and made it very believable. Most actors and writers would have gone over-the-top Evil Fitz.

Yo-yo's reaction to finding out Deke is Fitz and Simmons's grandkid was funny. Their reaction to her reaction was even better. Fitz, looking nonplussed: "I know." Simmons the optimist: "He's not that bad!"

Talbot is awesome. Cameron aside, whoever does this show's casting really deserves an Emmy.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 09, 2018, 07:59:07 PM »
Loved that Creel is still loyal to Talbot, the guy who helped him get free of HYDRA and give him purpose.

Loved all the call backs to the gravitonium story from season 1, including an explanation of what happened to the sleazy rich guy who was aiding HYDRA.

Loved that Simmons is truly onboard with the time loop invincibility. And how Fitz is still Fitz when it comes to his friends being in danger, and that he really is emotionally distancing himself from what he had to do to Daisy.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 22, 2018, 08:06:55 AM »
Nobody talking about last week’s ep?
Man, some lines were crossed in that one, by several characters; very intense stuff.
In true Shield fashion though, time was found for humor. May’s way to work off frustration, Mack and Coulson on why they shouldnt give relationship advice, and, lemons...

scourge broke first

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 22, 2018, 01:08:56 PM »
That always been how May worked out her frustration since season 1.

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 22, 2018, 01:28:31 PM »
^^^It works for her!

Ruby was actually fairly creepy, which i didnt expect from the actress. 

scourge broke first

MTL76

• +1137/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 23, 2018, 03:14:39 PM »
Gotta say, overall the decision to make Daisy the Director doesn't make much sense to me. Even if Coulson wanted to hand over the reins, May or Mack would make more sense to me. Both of them have more experience, and Mack actually was interim Director for a bit. Yes, May is needed in the field, but not more than Daisy. Daisy did mention briefly a few episodes ago that May would never be as good a fighter after the injuries she sustained in the future, but even if this isn't true Daisy's powers make her a more vital field agent.

I think Ruby was one of the few times where the casting wasn't spot-on. She really didn't do anything for me, and seemed pretty bland.

I can't believe Anton Ivanov died so soon after he was re-introduced. I think Coulson mentioned that without Aida, he couldn't make any more LMD duplicates, right? I guess he ran out of them. But I thought his real head and brain were stored off-site somewhere, and that Hale was holding it/him hostage so to speak.

Riv1

• +69/-1060
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 24, 2018, 05:57:18 AM »
I can't believe Anton Ivanov died so soon after he was re-introduced. I think Coulson mentioned that without Aida, he couldn't make any more LMD duplicates, right? I guess he ran out of them. But I thought his real head and brain were stored off-site somewhere, and that Hale was holding it/him hostage so to speak.
I thought the same on him being held hostage, but i honestly wont miss him at all, as i found him really boring/generic.

scourge broke first

MTL76

• +1137/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 24, 2018, 12:33:59 PM »
I was amused how he kept working “superior” into his conversations.

“Nice knife.”
“The superior man should have a superior weapon, nyet?”

“You won’t get away with this!”
“The lesser man has no hope against his... superior.”

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 24, 2018, 08:53:53 PM »
I took it that his last LMD body was damaged by Yoyo, leaving those drones without orders. His head is still somewhere out there in captivity. But without someone backing him on the outside, I think he’s done for... unless he had a backup body weaseled away.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 24, 2018, 09:19:21 PM »
I always found Daisy's sudden and rapid expansion in competence and ability on multiple fronts (HtH Skill, Leadership, Computers, etc.) to be unrealistic as explained.
Some research showed me that it seems to be based on the comics; but in the comics, Daisy's inhumanness gives her explicitly beyond peak human stats across the board (strength, speed, even some intellectual traits, etc.).
The show would be more believable if they mentioned something to this effect as well (though in the case of the show, these amps would be specific to Daisy's mutation and not a part of all inhuman mutations).
I mean how can she, after 4 years in which she didn't really have that much free time, have become almost as skilled as Melinda May in HtH combat? 

80sBaby

• +34/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 24, 2018, 10:07:08 PM »
I always found Daisy's sudden and rapid expansion in competence and ability on multiple fronts (HtH Skill, Leadership, Computers, etc.) to be unrealistic as explained.
Some research showed me that it seems to be based on the comics; but in the comics, Daisy's inhumanness gives her explicitly beyond peak human stats across the board (strength, speed, even some intellectual traits, etc.).
The show would be more believable if they mentioned something to this effect as well (though in the case of the show, these amps would be specific to Daisy's mutation and not a part of all inhuman mutations).
I mean how can she, after 4 years in which she didn't really have that much free time, have become almost as skilled as Melinda May in HtH combat?

She's not. May completely tore her apart until Daisy used her powers when they fought. Daisy's abilities have always been what levels the playing field between her and other pure HtH fighters.