Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51

Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD  (Read 56922 times)

80sBaby

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
Agents of SHIELD
« on: October 06, 2014, 10:28:28 AM »

So we're already 2 episodes into the new season and the quality has vastly improved over last season's premiere.

Tripp continues to be my  favorite character but Mac is gaining with his interaction with Fitz.Speaking of, how was that reveal about Fitz's mental state in the 1st episode? Was not expecting that. Ward's craziness is perfectly creepy (is he faking or legitimately bonkers/remorseful?)

Oh and RAINA RAINA RAINA!!Good lawd, that woman is fine!

What do the rest of you think?

MTL76

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
Re: Agents of SHIELD
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:45:08 AM »

I haven't seen anything of this season yet but I'm not surprised, there was a vast difference between the first and second halves of Season 1.

Agreed about Raina/Ruth Negga.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Dutchman

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 11:37:25 AM »

Yeah the Fitz reveal made me go "Woah" and now I'm trying to figure out whether he knows he's talking to himself on some level, or is completely unaware.

I also liked the Absorbing Man, he was nice and ruthless, and I believe, the first real name villain to pop up on the show? (Aside from Deathlok, 'natch, but Absorbing Man is more well known)

Also I like the British guy. I hope he sticks around.

80sBaby

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 11:54:27 AM »

Yeah the Fitz reveal made me go "Woah" and now I'm trying to figure out whether he knows he's talking to himself on some level, or is completely unaware.

I also liked the Absorbing Man, he was nice and ruthless, and I believe, the first real name villain to pop up on the show? (Aside from Deathlok, 'natch, but Absorbing Man is more well known)

I think he knows, on some level.

And I thought the new merc was Australian.

Can't wait for Mockingbird to show up.

Master

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 12:46:06 PM »

Very good start to the season. Episodes like THIS (and the last third of season 1) are what this show should be all about.

And fuck, we now have shadow ops SHIELD, HYDRA cells, the US military, and Raina/Skye's dad as the main factions at war amongst themselves. Sets up for nice clear conflicts rather than all those lame or one-off villains from season 1. Talbot is solid, and his "I love to hate you" relationship with Coulson is fun to watch. The Quinjet and Bus decloaking behind Talbot was a cool scene.

And they finally made Skye an actual agent who can be useful in the field... taking emphasis away from her bullshit "hacking" skills that were always inconsistent in season 1. It's unfortunate for Mac though... seeing as how Trip has the black guy role secured, Mac is the soon-to-be-dead extra black buy.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Dutchman

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 01:24:43 PM »

I think he knows, on some level.

And I thought the new merc was Australian.

Can't wait for Mockingbird to show up.
Well, the actor was born in London. His character could be Ozzie, but I don't think it's been explicitly stated.

80sBaby

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 01:49:31 PM »

Oh, well he sounded Aussie to me. But I'm an American so what do I know from accents?  8)

Dutchman

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 02:59:57 PM »

Oh, well he sounded Aussie to me. But I'm an American so what do I know from accents?  8)
Probably more about native American accents than I do

MTL76

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 07:59:28 PM »

I just saw the first two episodes of the new season and yeah, it's really continued the momentum from the end of last season.

I liked Skye's assessment of the Absorbing Man.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

80sBaby

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 09:16:17 PM »

I just saw the first two episodes of the new season and yeah, it's really continued the momentum from the end of last season.

I liked Skye's assessment of the Absorbing Man.

Yeah, she basically said she'd fuck him and he could probably get pussy anytime he wants.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 10:56:29 PM »

I think he's aware. The two big clues were the fact he was trying to ignore her when they first showed them together and then later when he was examining the sample they got off of Absorbing Man at it changed back to human flesh he was so excited that May also saw the change showing he knows he's been seeing things.

Dutchman

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2014, 05:34:30 AM »

Last ep's scene in the prison was chilling (And no that is not a Blizzard pun), the way he broke down (logically) and had to resort to his tablet.

Wasn't a bad ep, though it was obvious from the start what was going on with Simmons.

Apparently the nazi guy shares his name with the Kraken from the comics, whom I don't know because I haven't read any recent comics with him in it (tbh, I barely knew who Victoria Hand was)

I'm happy Hunter is on the main cast, it kinda felt he'd leave after ep 2.

Also, I don't think Blizzard is dead. No chance.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 08:57:07 AM »

Yeah he's not dead. They went out of their to mention there was no body.

How they've been handling Fitz has been great. I like that they aren't stringing stuff along with him. Like this episode they flat out tell you he knows Simmons isn't there or how Coulson tells him that Simmons is on assignment after he realizes not telling him about Ward almost bit him in the ass. Any other show would have had the main character be stupid about it and still keep that a secret.

Master

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 11:21:57 PM »

The main HYDRA baddy is also pretty compelling. The longevity stuff... the brain-washing stuff... I like that HYDRA is a concrete and viable threat through this guy. But in the grand scheme, he's just running a HYDRA remnant and trying to rebuild much like Coulson is trying to rebuild SHIELD.

New cast members are all solid so far.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

80sBaby

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 08:17:42 AM »

Ok, so this was probably my favorite episode yet.

I loved the opening which felt like a cool spy op and that feeling continued throughout. The chemistry between the cast has improved so much. The bus scenes were better than almost anything done last year and Coulson/May felt like what I'd expect from a secret agent show. And May...Good Lawd was she awesome here. That slo-mo jumping head slam was ridiculous and she was wearing that dress/lingerie!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51