Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86

Author Topic: The Flash  (Read 76077 times)

Bandido

• Sherman Klump
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
Re: The Flash
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 08:25:05 PM »

Love the Flash series so far; It feels more Raimi's Spiderman than Nolan's Batman - A refreshing change of pace.

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • Administrator
  • Axel Foley
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 09:15:45 PM »

Yeah, has a lighter tone, but isn't all hokey and full of itself like Smallville got in its later years. Although, they probably didn't forsee the show lasting ten years.

Bandido

• Sherman Klump
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 04:01:50 PM »

Yeah, has a lighter tone, but isn't all hokey and full of itself like Smallville got in its later years. Although, they probably didn't forsee the show lasting ten years.
They did borrow the wheel-chaired mentor from Smallville though.

Dutchman

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »

... who was in how many eps after after a season of not being there?

Also it's obvious it's more likely a reference to Hunter Zolomon's disability in the cermics.

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2014, 05:04:15 PM »

Smallville got hokey for exactly the reason you said. It went on for way too long though it had some great individual episodes. I think it could have been done in 6 seasons

Kudos to smallville for making me like Martian man hunter as a mentor figure

I love that flash is playing around with a light hearted tone without abandoning Barry's heroism and giving him a bad ass rogues gallery

Good stuff

Bandido

• Sherman Klump
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 12:52:57 AM »

The Smallville one?

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 07:56:07 AM »

That pilot had nothing to do with Smallville. It didn't even have the same actor.

Dutchman

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 08:22:33 AM »

I didnt think it did, but it was made to cash in on Smallville from what i read.
Well yeah, that's a given.
Well, at least we have the Flash now, and Arrow.
Wellllll at least we have the Flash now.

80sBaby

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 01:13:17 PM »

Flash is very far removed from Smallville. The only similarities are superficial.

80sBaby

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 02:50:00 PM »

They don't call him "Flash" because he's not had a public debut. Iris just started wanting to report on his sightings 1 episode ago. It's only been 3 episodes so far.

And, again, being most superficialities are noticeable. That's a pretty weak criticism.

Prime

• Administrator
  • Axel Foley
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »

Smallville got hokey for exactly the reason you said. It went on for way too long though it had some great individual episodes. I think it could have been done in 6 seasons

Kudos to smallville for making me like Martian man hunter as a mentor figure

I love that flash is playing around with a light hearted tone without abandoning Barry's heroism and giving him a bad ass rogues gallery

Good stuff

That, and in later seasons they obviously had to bring him closer to being Superman as it wouldn't have made sense otherwise. The way they changed the score to be closer to the soundtrack John Williams did for the Reeve films sounded corny as fuck to me every time it came on. That and having it be all about his feelings and being a hero to fly or whatever the fuck was just annoying to me. I watched it because I was already invested from the prior seasons, but I could see how people could watch Smallville from like 7-10 and say it was terrible.

Prime

• Administrator
  • Axel Foley
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2014, 03:02:54 PM »

They don't call him "Flash" because he's not had a public debut. Iris just started wanting to report on his sightings 1 episode ago. It's only been 3 episodes so far.

And, again, being most superficialities are noticeable. That's a pretty weak criticism.

Exactly. The reason they made "the cloud" the catalyst for all of these metahumans walking around was the Flash tv show being in a shared universe with Arrow, which is supposed to be more real world based, and people probably would have noticed people with powers walking around beforehand. Makes sense. I'd take it a step further and have Wells and crew discover the meta-gene and have the energies of the cloud just activating latent ones in most people besides Barry (as I would think the Speed Force would have to come in to play eventually). Having the meta-gene explanation would be a nice catch-all explanation for villains who may not be from Central City, as that may get redundant.

You guys think the Speed Force is a definite play at some point? The nerd in me thinks the Terminal Velocity storyline (although it was about Wally and not Barry) would be a perfect full season arc for a season of the Flash down the line when he and Iris finally get together. He disappears into the SF from going too fast to save her in a season finale, and comes back with new powers to learn in the subsequent season.

80sBaby

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2014, 03:23:08 PM »

Exactly. The reason they made "the cloud" the catalyst for all of these metahumans walking around was the Flash tv show being in a shared universe with Arrow, which is supposed to be more real world based, and people probably would have noticed people with powers walking around beforehand. Makes sense. I'd take it a step further and have Wells and crew discover the meta-gene and have the energies of the cloud just activating latent ones in most people besides Barry (as I would think the Speed Force would have to come in to play eventually). Having the meta-gene explanation would be a nice catch-all explanation for villains who may not be from Central City, as that may get redundant.

You guys think the Speed Force is a definite play at some point? The nerd in me thinks the Terminal Velocity storyline (although it was about Wally and not Barry) would be a perfect full season arc for a season of the Flash down the line when he and Iris finally get together. He disappears into the SF from going too fast to save her in a season finale, and comes back with new powers to learn in the subsequent season.

The meta-gene might be used to explain how Killer Frost and/or Vibe gets their powers later.

Dutchman

• Billy Ray Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2014, 05:49:14 PM »

Not a bad ep, but smarmy death row convict wasn't that interesting, and he beat him way too easily.

"... JUST RUN REALLY, REALLY FAST."

Astro

• Doctor Doolittle
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2014, 08:03:04 PM »

Guess how I feel about this show.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86