Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: My god, we have barely any people on the board...  (Read 6609 times)

Not BAMF

• Global Moderator
  • Stonemason
  • Generic HC User #6
    • View Profile
Re: My god, we have barely any people on the board...
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2015, 01:52:19 AM »

I'm a big fan of any kind of move where the members works section grows and sees more action. I have never written anything for here, but I do write a lot, and I'd be beyond willing to start doing so if that area sees an increase in activity.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2015, 03:28:39 AM »

I can start posting my fanfic.

ProjectCornDog

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2015, 02:07:19 PM »

I want to see the "members creations" side of the forum get more activity. I feel like I am among the few that post there, it's pretty lonely!

BigJayStudd

• King
  • 2015 Strider "Shittiest comeback" Award Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2015, 02:52:51 PM »

I say we make up some cardboard herochat guitars and stand on busy streets playing them and waving at traffic ala Little Ceasers.

I think that's a better plan than relying on our least trafficked board to generate interest

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
  • CROM Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2015, 03:01:38 PM »

I've got some nude selfies to post. Does that go in Member Creations or Jungle Room?

Minority shareholder in the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)
The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

BigJayStudd

• King
  • 2015 Strider "Shittiest comeback" Award Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2015, 03:26:10 PM »

I've got some nude selfies to post. Does that go in Member Creations or Jungle Room?

Move it to "Ask the Staff" and we will pose questions to your manhood. HIYOOOOOOO

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2015, 02:50:57 PM »

Goes on the new front page my friend - THAT'S traffic!

I'm a big fan of any kind of move where the members works section grows and sees more action. I have never written anything for here, but I do write a lot, and I'd be beyond willing to start doing so if that area sees an increase in activity

That's what I'm talking about! How many people are looking to be creative among smart peers and need an outlet. I'm officially starting on this today. I'll be in touch with a lot of people drumming up interest and asking questions to get a marketing campaign started.

Necro

• Stonemason
  • "Behold my mighty hand!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2015, 11:18:57 PM »

Hey, Safado, I seem to remember we used to have votings and awards for best new posters.

I think it may be a good idea to bring that back.

Also, is it possible to check post accounts by joined date?

Would be nice to have a way to see who joined when and how active they were, so that if we get someone new, and they really participate, we can shine a positive spotlight on em.

JookDukem

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2015, 09:11:46 PM »

lmao all of this fucking MoaHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG about new members, and your bitch-made hater prayers were answered.

You're welcome. Faggots.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggg snikt.

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2015, 08:16:17 PM »

Hey, Safado, I seem to remember we used to have votings and awards for best new posters.

I think it may be a good idea to bring that back.

Also, is it possible to check post accounts by joined date?

Would be nice to have a way to see who joined when and how active they were, so that if we get someone new, and they really participate, we can shine a positive spotlight on em.

That's a good idea. Yeah, on the mod side it shows new members and I have a tech issue to work out with members who tried to join, but had problems registering that I need to work out tonight. Overall though, I think encouraging new members is a grest idea. I've started talking to some mods and a few other people on Facebook and I'm hoping to get some significant action going on soon

I just changed a few things tech-wise. I got about 10 hours worth of video on the tech required for maintenance etc.......( as I'd mentioned) as well as adding 10gb of allotted memory to the board.

So how can we best welcome and encourage new posters. I persoanlly try to send pm's, but any ideas are welcome here.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2015, 09:57:22 AM »

So how can we best welcome and encourage new posters. I persoanlly try to send pm's, but any ideas are welcome here.
Dont treat them like shit.

Dont have the mods publicly talk about their IP addresses.

Dont let them into the Jungle Room without some sort of screening process/interview.

ProjectCornDog

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2015, 11:55:23 AM »

If I was a new member or a guest and I checked out 'Ask The Staff' and saw a topic on top titled "My god, we barely have any people on the board" I'd think to myself "maybe its not worth staying here" and consider leaving.

Fact is, yes we can use more members but theres always a decent amount of users on so its misleading.  I vote to change the name of this thread.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:15:44 PM by ProjectCornDog »

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2015, 05:52:53 PM »

PM the mods.

I've taken a few actions this week and work is underway to recruit and bolster memberships etc........

We have close to 800 members, of which I don't know how may are bots.

We also have a lot of people who tried to register and had trouble, so that's about 300 members that I need to verify and see who's a bot and who's not. Other than that we're getting new members and upgrading the board as I mentioned.

So in 11 months, not counting the 4 or so months it took me to figure out how to use the software, we are close to 1000 members. Once the upgrades start coming in, we can get a whole lot more than that

Like I keep repeating, the biggest deal is making sure that everyone is happy with the board part itslef, no matter what else I add - front page, news, other stuff. So keep comigng up wit ideas and pm'ing and emailing me.

I just found out the other day how manuy people have become frineds off line and I talk to a lot of members on facebook - that was incrediby rewarding so let's keep it up!!!!

Not BAMF

• Global Moderator
  • Stonemason
  • Generic HC User #6
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2015, 07:34:17 PM »

lmao all of this fucking MoaHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG about new members, and your bitch-made hater prayers were answered.

You're welcome. Faggots.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggg snikt.

Look, if our new talent is going to be on this guy's level, it's time to Donald Trump ourselves up a wall and be an island unto ourselves.

JookDukem

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2015, 08:23:18 PM »

Bamf is gay for me and I for him. We are the new oats and ramz. We flip a coin to decided who's pitching which innings. I'm a great closer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5