Herochat

NHL Talk.

GalactusTheGreat

• +0/-0
  • A Beautiful Mine.
    • View Profile
Re: NHL Talk.
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 09:29:37 AM »
Playoffs start today. Gonna be an interesting year. Hopefully the cup gets brought back to the eastern conference.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 11:04:06 PM »
Think I am favoring a Kings-Pens final, with LA winning.

Anaheim, Washington, and Chicago are all in with a shot too though.
Sig : Elvira and Jessica Nigri

Thom Hartmann : "How can you have a functioning nation when you don't believe in science or education?"

XerxesTWD

• +49/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 11:05:28 PM »
Ducks are going to do something. I hope they at least win the conference again.

GalactusTheGreat

• +0/-0
  • A Beautiful Mine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 10:24:40 AM »
A lot of teams facing elimination today and Friday. Interesting to see if Detroit or Chicago can rebound. Philly may have won 1 game but I'd be surprised if they win 3 in a row.

XerxesTWD

• +49/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2016, 10:28:35 PM »
Ducks really brought it back. The games they won were pretty decisive. Their losses were close.

Hopefully they come through tomorrow.

Imperial

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2016, 09:47:28 AM »
I sure as hell had the Kings/Sharks figured wrongly.

What bizarro world do we live in when the Blues, Caps, and Sharks all win playoff series? While the Hawks, Kings, and Bruins all either go out early or don't even make it?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:53:05 AM by Imperial »

Thom Hartmann : "How can you have a functioning nation when you don't believe in science or education?"

Not BAMF

• +6/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2016, 09:49:38 AM »
Sid vs Ovie

XerxesTWD

• +49/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2016, 08:36:55 AM »
Well, Ducks are out.

Imperial

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2016, 07:30:25 PM »
Yeah I look at the bracket on NHL.com and have to do a triple take. I cannot believe what I am seeing.

Anyway, go Isles and Blues.

Jabroniville

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2016, 04:43:10 PM »
Meanwhile, it was basically front page news in Canada that "no Canadian teams were in the Playoffs" this year. Never mind that like 80% of the players are probably Canadian anyways. Oh, and it's led to the lowest TV ratings for the Playoffs basically ever, and it's out of people's minds entirely.

Meanwhile, Edmonton damn near won the "First Draft Pick" for like the fifth year in a row :).

Imperial

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2016, 04:53:06 PM »
Not blaming him for those teams failures this year, but I do get why Canadians tend to hate Bettman. His sun belt first philosophies are from a previous time and fail to recognize that Gretzky coming to LA was a unique situation.

No one cares about hockey in places like Phoenix and Miami. It will always be the weakest sister there. Stop fighting tooth and nail to keep or place teams in places where there is no interest regardless of population size. Get those teams in the Pacific Northwest and Quebec where someone will actually show up and there are fewer other sports to overshadow it. The idea that Florida (even considering eastern relocations) has two NHL squads while Washington and Oregon combined have zilch is hard to understand.

Not BAMF

• +6/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2016, 11:06:16 PM »
Pens win the Cup!

Jabroniville

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 02:55:35 AM »
'Bout time they did that again. Crosby was supposed to be the next Gretzky, and he only wins a single Cup? I know we've lost the era of dynasties, but come on.

Not BAMF

• +6/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2016, 11:53:54 AM »
Twitter is obliterating the Toronto reporter who said "You can't win with [Phil Kessel]" and called him fat and lazy.

My favorite so far has been a shot of Kessel holding the Cup and saying "Look who finally decided to start lifting weights!".

Imperial

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2016, 03:53:49 PM »
'Bout time they did that again. Crosby was supposed to be the next Gretzky, and he only wins a single Cup? I know we've lost the era of dynasties, but come on.

The current era sort of resembles the mid 90's to mid 00's time. Each had four dominant teams.

Then it was the Red Wings, Devils, Avalanche, and Stars. Lately it has been the Blackhawks, Kings, Penguins, and Bruins.

Come to think of it, I wonder when we will see the next top level Canadian team? The last was the Oilers of the 80's and early 90's.