Herochat

NHL Talk.

GalactusTheGreat

• +0/-0
  • A Beautiful Mine.
    • View Profile
NHL Talk.
« on: October 23, 2014, 03:44:14 PM »
Figured I'd start off with the new NHL topic. So far off to a wacky season. The Islanders look formidable, Boston on a slumping start, and the Oilers clearly haven't learned after all these years. Pittsburgh fires Bylsma, and lose key pieces in the offseason. Thought's on all this?

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +4/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
Re: NHL Talk.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 04:26:15 PM »
Don't know much at all about Hockey, but I'll sticky this for the guys that do.

GalactusTheGreat

• +0/-0
  • A Beautiful Mine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »
Appreciate it Prime.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 05:02:30 PM »
I wonder if this is the year we see a break from the usual as of late power quartet of Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, and Pittsburgh?

Can't figure the Islanders. I hope they are for real. They more resemble their two years ago selves than last season.

Now that AZ is stuck with them, I kind of hope the Coyotes start looking like an NHL caliber squad.

The Canadiens being a top threat is good for the sport. Especially after a relatively long dry spell.

Watch out for Columbus. The Blue Jackets are a dark horse this season.

Sig : Elvira and Jessica Nigri

Thom Hartmann : "How can you have a functioning nation when you don't believe in science or education?"

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »
It is weird to watch games without Broduer in goal.

GalactusTheGreat

• +0/-0
  • A Beautiful Mine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »
Brodeur should just retire, nothing left for him to do anyway. Schnieder's been great since starting for them too. Shootouts though, Devs suck. A lot of those teams are off to bad start with the exception of the Kings. But theres still a lot of hockey to be played.  Islanders are off to a good starter but consistency is key to anything.

Jabroniville

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 04:57:42 AM »
LOL- The Oilers are so bad that Oiler fans online are actually hoping we DON'T get this new McDavid kid in the upcoming draft, since he's supposed to be a "once in a generation" talent, and they're afraid the Oilers will ruin him like they did Hall, Eberle & Nugent-Hopkins. Now THAT is how to suck dick on an epic level.

GalactusTheGreat

• +0/-0
  • A Beautiful Mine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 06:43:23 AM »
At this point they need to not sign with them. They need out. Too much talent wasted, tanked 6 years straight and still have nothing to show for it. Pathetic. All those kids deserve better. There was a lot of controversy when they were walking down the tunnel after the 7-1 loss to Chicago, and the fans just started booing them. And I think they personally have every right. Theyve gone through coach after coach, management after management, at this point its the locker room. They know they suck and show no signs of wanting to improve.

About quarter of the way through the season and Tampa, Montreal, Isles, and Pens sitting atop the East. In the west its Canucks, Preds, Ducks, and Blues. So far a good start for a lot of teams but who knows how that will hold up exactly. Broduer apparently signed with the Blues lool.

Jabroniville

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 06:20:19 AM »
The Oilers have actually had the same management the whole time- different GMs, but Kevin Lowe is still the "Director of Hockey Operations", a role he's been in since he left the GM's position- he was basically kept in a protected spot because he's friends with the Oilers' owner, Daryl Katz. All of the decisions are still made directly through him, only he's not as easily-replaced as a GM is. That's why a lot of fans have "Trade Lowe" jerseys, and there's "Lowe Has Got To Go" billboards in town.

The dude also makes a lot of horrible public comments, like declaring that he's out for "the real fans" who are season-ticket holders, and nobody else. And he's the one who let Steve Tambellini wreck the team for years as well.

Though I do blame the players a lot- you can tell there's shit leadership in there, because every time they get the puck, they just aimlessly pass it around not doing anything. The same way most soccer is played, actually- just fucking around instead of actually trying to get a play going. The current coach is garbage, but the players on top aren't doing much to help, either. It's made worse because at THIS point, the Oilers are basically getting the rep as being that team NO ONE wants to play for, and nobody wants to coach- they're gonna be stuck pulling everyone in from the minor leagues from now on.

To me, the Oilers are a fun team to bash. I actively cheer against them now- why the fuck should I cheer for a hometown team when they fucking suck and are losers?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:25:51 AM by Jabroniville »

GalactusTheGreat

• +0/-0
  • A Beautiful Mine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 12:01:48 PM »
And the Oilers circus continues. Fired the coach, and now they called up their AHL affiliate, and now rumors of Taylor Hall getting shopped. Which is good, only real player on the Oilers that even bothers showing up. All those 1st rounders and none show anything for it.

GalactusTheGreat

• +0/-0
  • A Beautiful Mine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 11:13:53 PM »
Despite this 2 game losing stint, Tampa still sitting one of the top teams halfway through the season. I sympathize for you Isles fans, nobody seems to give any of you guys credit as you're doing the same exact thing as the Lightning. Boston was off to a bad start but starting to show their form again...which is annoying.

Deadpool

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 07:30:05 PM »
First off id like. To state im a Chicago fan, or i was until they won the championship. Thats what i watched it for.

To me chilios was the best of. All time. With that.being said i do believe its a poor league with a lot of underpaid athletes being overcompensated. Pittsburgh, my home squad, is lacking.

What team does crosby.play.for?

GalactusTheGreat

• +0/-0
  • A Beautiful Mine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 10:41:51 PM »
Isles and Detroit clinch a spot. Boston looks to be in trouble. Hope the Sens make it over the Pens. As well as Winnipeg and Calgary make it over LA.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 04:52:24 PM »
How is everyone (or anyone) enjoying the Cup Playoffs so far?

I like the sprinkling of new teams and matchups. Pretty cool to see Canada have five teams and at least two guaranteed to advance. I'm kind of hoping the Blues finally break through in the west. To face the Islanders of course.  :) Though the Rangers would be alright too.
Sig : Elvira and Jessica Nigri

Thom Hartmann : "How can you have a functioning nation when you don't believe in science or education?"

Crab Master

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 02:40:16 AM »
And the Rangers survive for one more night.