Herochat

Best hero/hero or villain/villain friendships?

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
Re: Best hero/hero or villain/villain friendships?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 05:44:38 AM »
While they are lovers and not friends, I always found Absorbing Man and Titania to be a cute couple.

Well, if we're going to include lovers, I'd just point to my avatar.  ;D

I agree on Spidey and Strange.  I love that one story where Strange casually reveals he knows Spidey's ID, and then later they're driving down the highway in a rental car chatting.
Truten forever!

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 06:15:25 AM »
Trunks and Goten from DBZ.  Ludicrously tight lifelong friendship.  They make a hell of a couple.
Truten forever!

Red Exodus

• +12/-21
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 05:04:15 PM »
-Spider-Man's got some great banter between other characters. Daredevil, Beast, Human Torch, and Black Cat
to name a few.

-Magneto & Charles have some very interesting scenes together. Its a real conflict, but there is always this
respect that one another has that remains, even despite their battles.

-Nightcrawler & Wolverine have a great friendship. Kurt playing the moral conscience to Logan is pretty fun.

-Hercules & Thor are that example of close friends who aren't above physically rough housing one another
without it ever being what destroys the friendship, but strangely, makes it stronger.

-Reed & Ben are the true odd couple. Reed blabbering about something ridiculously complex with Ben
needing to force him to explain it in a much more simplified English language.

Necro

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 06:41:04 AM »
Dr.Doom and Reed Richards.
They are constantly at odds with each other, and it is clear Doom would take every opportunity to defeat Reed, but there have been these odd, fun moments when they manage to go beyond the stereotypical hatred of each other, and show a humanizing glimpse behind Doom's mask.

Ever since Triumph and Torment, I also felt Strange and Doom are working in a similar, less antagonistic way.

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 07:46:35 AM »
I liked the issue--I think it was in some kind of special that Dwayne McDuffie wrote--that has Reed and Doom finishing their final, interrupted chess game from college.
Truten forever!

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 07:41:05 PM »
I liked the issue--I think it was in some kind of special that Dwayne McDuffie wrote--that has Reed and Doom finishing their final, interrupted chess game from college.
Haha, that was SOO good. Both of them remembering what the board looked like, after years of hating each other and fighting one another? And then picking up on it?
Lush.

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Whiskeyclone

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 08:18:40 PM »
Good calls Wolverine/Nightcrawler(/Colossus), Black Tom/Juggernaut, & Catman/Deadshot.

Obviously Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson. Wolverine & kitty Pride, too.

I also always liked the poker games they'd show with Thing, Cap, Wolverine, and others, including ones who didn't usually interact all that much one-on-one.

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 08:27:34 PM »
Damn I'd forgotten how good that story was.

Brings a thought to mind. We all know Doom's feelings for his mother, but have we ever seen what he thought of his father? He's been seen a few times, but he's definitely the out-of-focus one of the von Doom family.

Good call on the poker games.
Truten forever!

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 08:30:36 PM »
Oh, and the relationship Jarvis has with the Avengers. Not just their servant but also their confidante. That one issue focusing on him after Mr. Hyde nearly killed him was great, and there was this nice mini-story where Wolverine takes him out for beer.
Truten forever!

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »

Brings a thought to mind. We all know Doom's feelings for his mother, but have we ever seen what he thought of his father? He's been seen a few times, but he's definitely the out-of-focus one of the von Doom family.
I think Doom's mother draws attention to his past more because she was taken by TEH DEBBUL whereas his father "just" froze to death in the cold (funny enough, the 90's animated series drew attention to his father more than his mother, because of this) I think he respected him as an inventor / man of science, but his mother was lost to him early in his life (respectively, seeing as Doom couldn't have been very old, despite his claims of REMEMBERING HER VIVIDLY like he did in the aforementioned story) but that might be Gypsy magic.

I wish they spent more attention to the good man, though. (Though they did in Books of Doom. Books of Doom is still pert good, despite it might not be 100% canonical, because of story reasons.)

Dalek

• +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2015, 08:47:39 PM »

I think Doom's mother draws attention to his past more because she was taken by TEH DEBBUL whereas his father "just" froze to death in the cold (funny enough, the 90's animated series drew attention to his father more than his mother, because of this) I think he respected him as an inventor / man of science, but his mother was lost to him early in his life (respectively, seeing as Doom couldn't have been very old, despite his claims of REMEMBERING HER VIVIDLY like he did in the aforementioned story) but that might be Gypsy magic.

I wish they spent more attention to the good man, though. (Though they did in Books of Doom. Books of Doom is still pert good, despite it might not be 100% canonical, because of story reasons.)

Books of Doom is probably my favorite presentation of Doom in comics.