Herochat

Sense8

Sense8
« on: June 07, 2015, 04:56:46 PM »
Are you guys watching the new Wachowski bro & sis show on Netflix?  It's pretty cool 2 episodes in.  Doesn't give away too much of the story early.  brings you along slowly, still introducing the characters. 

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Sense8
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 05:00:45 PM »
I got bored during the first episode.  I'm sure I'll get back to it at some point but I'm not rushing.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 05:19:29 PM »
I got bored during the first episode.  I'm sure I'll get back to it at some point but I'm not rushing.

You gotta give Netflix 2 episodes minimum.  By the end of episode 2 you barely know what's going on, but at least it's beginning to unravel.  In the first episode you literally know nothing.  Watch one more... for me.  ;)

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 10:43:29 PM »
Yeah I'm watching interesting concept moving too fucking slow.  If you couldn't binge watch I would have given up.  I'm half way through and well they still haven't expain much.  It more concerned with everyone own personal story there not even using there abilities.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 11:33:31 PM »
Yeah I'm watching interesting concept moving too fucking slow.  If you couldn't binge watch I would have given up.  I'm half way through and well they still haven't expain much.  It more concerned with everyone own personal story there not even using there abilities.

It's takes a while for them to tell you what happens which is good.  Usually character figure shit out waaay too quickly and it ruins the suspense because everyone's a batman level detective.  Realistically it takes time for people to compute drastic and dangerous changes in their lives.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 11:39:28 PM »

It's takes a while for them to tell you what happens which is good.  Usually character figure shit out waaay too quickly and it ruins the suspense because everyone's a batman level detective.  Realistically it takes time for people to compute drastic and dangerous changes in their lives.

I feel like it's the opposite with modern mystery shows.  They tell you nothing, ever, and then rush any answers they feel like giving at the very end because they ran out of time and never really figured out what those answers were in the first place. 

No idea if this show is like that or not, I'm just speaking to your assertion that most shows figure the situation out too quickly. 

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 08:52:40 AM »
Dammit the characters ended up endearing themselves to me and I feel in love with this show by the end.

Still I need to know where the fuck Wolfgang got a goddamn rocket launcher from.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 09:50:45 PM »
Dammit the characters ended up endearing themselves to me and I feel in love with this show by the end.

Still I need to know where the fuck Wolfgang got a goddamn rocket launcher from.

He's a criminal mastermind.  They tend to have weapons caches.

Sun's my favorite though.  When shit hits the fan just call in Sun.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 02:58:47 PM »
seeing as me and U are the only ones commenting I'm guessing the no one else has watch or gave up cause the first three episodes are bad espically the 1st one.

AP

• +52/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 09:50:13 PM »
Not a fan of the Wachowskis.  I passed it up and it seems I made the right choice.

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 10:10:39 PM »
Not if you're a fan of direction and cinematography.  This show is masterfully put together.  I don't understand the hate.  It's literally a trip around the world with amazing set pieces with their own distinct character.  They take pains to make the show visually immersive, but the writing and character development is the whole key to the narrative.  Relationships, human bonds that fortify us and amplify conception of purpose and power.  I am legion...

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 02:10:02 PM »
yeah this definitely one of the best shot and edited shows on tv.  If the editing wasn't on point it wouldn't be nearly as good.

Von Doom

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 07:35:42 PM »
Just finished the first season. This show is fantastic. The mystery is compelling, it's revealed at a good pace, the villain is menacing, and the character drama was strong without being overblown. I don't really understand the dislike for the first couple episodes. I loved those. My favorite part of any mystery is the beginning when I don't know shit. It's only bad when by the end I still don't know shit.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 07:59:46 PM »
Just finished the first season. This show is fantastic. The mystery is compelling, it's revealed at a good pace, the villain is menacing, and the character drama was strong without being overblown. I don't really understand the dislike for the first couple episodes. I loved those. My favorite part of any mystery is the beginning when I don't know shit. It's only bad when by the end I still don't know shit.

Yea this show is amazing!  It's to be saviored not devoured at once.  Nothing's over the top (except maybe the sexuality... but not really) and the characters are pretty well developed for a single season focusing on 8 characters.  I also like how they take the "we're stronger together than apart" concept to its almost superhuman conclusion, in that each one (and thus all of them in one body) were like a living weapon.  Wouldn't it be hilarious if 8 herochat posters ended up being in the same cluster?  What special skills would be gained by sharing a mind with you guys?

Von Doom

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 08:46:41 PM »
Sun's and Nomi's abilities are Hollywood-tier magic, but I'm fine with it. I also like the moments where someone seems stuck and one of the others jumps in, especially the first few times it happened. I was also glad Kala finally got to show off a bit at the end. All the other characters seemed to have some very noteworthy talents, but they hadn't really discussed hers until the second-to-last episode. Her scientific background was briefly mentioned early on, but then it was pushed aside. Granted, there was so much going on that I was fine with it.

The sex can be a bit over-the-top at times. But usually it's fine. The one scene that pops into my head is the first sex scene between Nomi and ... however you spell her name. The love-juice splatter off the dropped strap-on seemed a bit comical.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite character, which isn't uncommon. But it's very hard for me to pick a least favorite, which is great. There's usually one guy I fucking despise. Jonas is pretty interesting. I'm guessing what the woman in Iceland told Riley was true at one point, but he had a change of heart or something. The line he had about trusting someone's allegiances  seemed pretty spot-on. I don't think Jonas can be 100% trusted, but he's obviously not friends with Whispers.