Herochat

Attack On Titan

Attack On Titan
« on: May 05, 2017, 01:46:26 PM »
This last episode of AOT ( S2e5) is one‚Äč of the best of the series so far.  Really blown away by the character development.  People toss that shit around, but its absolutely magical how they can take characters that were ignored in S1 and make you misty-eyed about them in S2.  Storytelling is just on a different level in this show.  After 4 years off the anime is only getting BETTER!

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Attack On Titan
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 02:49:27 PM »
I should probably be watching this but can't work up the energy to.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 05:31:26 PM »
You definitely should start.  It's half the episodes, so it's much faster-paced.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 05:55:21 PM »
Yo, remember when I said that S2e5 was one of the best AOT episodes?  Well S2e6 >> S2e5!!!  Week after week just leaving you crestfallen wondering how or if our loved ones can ever put the pieces of their fractured lives back together again. 

I have a serious question: name another show that pulls at your heartstrings as much as AOT.  I genuinely curious.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 05:25:44 PM »
Yo, if you're not watching this show right now you do not know what you're missing.  I know you're wondering "why does this guy post about this show so much?!"  Well you gotta understand that the past two episodes have been absolute gems.  There is no rival when it comes to OST (except Bleach due to personal bias). 

This season has also been able to evoke more feels in 6 episodes than the first did in 25... and AOT S1 is the single most important season in the history of anime!  So that's saying something.  I heard this YouTuber refer to this past episode as the single greatest episode of any TV show he's ever seen.  I immediately recognized that as rapturous hyperbole, but also completely related to his enthusiasm. 

It's an appreciation for something that such a precious few even know is out there.  I go to work on Monday, pants covered in nut from the weekend's episode, and then I ask people if they'd seen it and I get either "attack on what?" or "is that hentai?" They are watching BASURA like The Walking Dead or 13 Reasons Why and have absolutely no clue that I'm trying to put them on to something that artistically, narratively puts those shows to shame.  I can't stress enough that if you truly love your family and friends you would be telling them to watch this show and be watching it with them.  And now that season 2 is half way done, this is the perfect time to start the series.  Once you do the spell that has bound my essence to this thread will be broken.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 06:22:12 PM »
For the record, if you like anime then he's right about this being something you need to watch.  Good stuff happening.  The new season got me to go read the entirety of the manga in a week.