Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 64

Author Topic: NFL General Talk  (Read 38173 times)

WhiteDouchebagMale

• Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2014
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 09:58:10 PM »

JJ Watt might just be the best *player* in football, or at least top 3... (I have a hard time putting him above Peyton, though if physicality is somehow ranked more than effectiveness/efficiency, he easily takes it.)

JJ Watt is without question the best individual player in football. Is he more valuable than Peyton, or Aaron Rodgers, Brady, or Brees? No. As QB's they have a far greater influence oon the game than Watt does. But he is still the best in the game.

I completely agree with Prime here. Watt is the best player at his respective position in the NFL. That doesn't make him the most valuable though.

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • Administrator
  • King
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 10:17:19 PM »

Just saw this on bleacher report. That is wild. I think Idzik did it to save his job. As bad as the Jets have been, its not as much Rex Ryan's fault as it is Idzik. The Jets have shit personnel, especially at the skill positions on O. The secondary is shit too. Draft picks just haven't worked out.

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 10:24:21 PM »

On paper it gives the Jets a lot less excuses and the ability to get an accurate look at how good or bad Geno Smith is. Harvin gives them a dynamo in the slot that they can churn out catches to. Percy Harvin should not neccesarily be a #1, but a guy like Randall Cobb in GB they can get a lot of catches in the slot, and move him around for jet sweeps and a few carries out of the backfield here and there. But to do that they need a nominal number one wideout to play the X, which the Jets do have in Eric Decker (although he is overrated).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:20:17 PM by Supeprime »

issue9mm

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 01:18:06 AM »

But how well can Harvin pass in the WildCat?!?

WhiteDouchebagMale

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2014, 01:36:33 AM »

Idzik probably did do this in an attempt to save his job, but the fact remains, it is too little, too late. He was 20+ mil under the salary cap going into the season. And I get the fact that he is going to need to take care of Wilkerson next year, and Richardson in a couple. But there were key players, coming off of down years, that signed one year deals with other teams. Nicks and Revis may have cost you that cap space this year, but would've been playing for a contract and off the books the next. It would've only been a band-aid for their problems at receiver and corner, but they would be in a much better position today. and if you couldn't get Revis, because there's a possibility that he couldn't, Cromartie WANTED to be back here. And not only is he good, the fans really like him. There was absolutely no reason to go into the season with Milner as your number one and Kyle Wilson as your 2. That's just asking for trouble.

issue9mm

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2014, 04:25:23 AM »

Hell, Idzik could *possibly* have gotten Steve Smith, which would have done a great deal of work in making Geno look a lot better than he is.

But I'm sure Decker will work out, all by himself.

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2014, 05:35:30 AM »

Steve Smith wouldn't fit in with the Jets. He has no tolerance or patience for ineptitude.  He'd hate Geno Smth and wouldn't hide it. In the New York media market, that would take on a life of its own.

thetruth

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2014, 12:52:21 PM »

J.J.Watt is easily the best player in the league.  Pro football focus currently has him with a grade approximately 2x his nearest competition ( which is by far the widest margin at any position).,  my fantasy league which happens to account for idp stats also has him with a cumulative score approximately 2x the nearest DL.  Neither of these are objective measures,  but they are pieces of the puzzle for me.  Combine that with the eyeball test of just watching him play...and he's this generations Reggie White, IMO.   And Reggie white is the most dominant player I've ever seen play live.

With all that said, nobody is going to trade a top 10qb for Watt.   A good qb is just that important.

Sarcastic Cat

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 04:40:29 AM »

I doubt Steve Smith would have willingly gone to New York. He'd talked about possibly going to the Ravens a few years back and the fact that he really liked Harbaugh and Flacco. Besides he's having a career year.

Speaking of Flacco. WTF happened to Matt Ryan. Remember when these two got drafted back in 2008 and everyone thought Ryan was a stud and Flacco was so-so. Now all Flacco does is win and has a big fat super bowl ring and MVP trophy. While Matt Ryan..................

And wtf is going on with Carolina? I thought they had a top 5 defense.  Ron Rivera is about to get fired at this rate.

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 05:40:02 AM »

Matt Ryan is hamstrung by a sieve of an offensive line, and terrible defense. Outside of himself and the WR's, that team needs upgrades everywhere else. Its mostly on the GM. Panthers lost Greg Hardy and basically let their entire starting secondary from last year leave in Free agency. The state of their defense reflects that.

issue9mm

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 05:50:10 AM »

Matt Ryan is hamstrung by a sieve of an offensive line, and terrible defense. Outside of himself and the WR's, that team needs upgrades everywhere else. Its mostly on the GM. Panthers lost Greg Hardy and basically let their entire starting secondary from last year leave in Free agency. The state of their defense reflects that.

Yep.

Dlbiininja

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 08:25:17 PM »

What about Gary Manning's breaking that record last night against the Giants?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2238192-tv-station-uses-photo-of-gary-payton-while-talking-about-mannings-td-record?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

How does this even happen?

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning became the NFL's all-time passing touchdowns leader Sunday night. While talking about the record, one television station used a picture of basketball Hall of Famer Gary Payton instead of one of Manning.

Yeah, that's not even close.

Payton did find it pretty funny, howe.

issue9mm

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 08:31:03 PM »

All them Peytons look alike.

WhiteDouchebagMale

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 09:55:55 PM »

I'd still take Ryan over Flacco on my team, any day.

Sarcastic Cat

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 10:08:54 PM »

spoken like a last minute Fantasy player. Romo and Ryan can put up some fantasy points, but if I need someone in the playoffs or crunch time when it really counts. Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Flacco, Eli, Wilson, Rothlisberger. Accept no substitutes.

Anyway looking forward to watching the Texans front 7 demolish the Steelers tonight
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:12:12 PM by Sarcastic Cat »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 64