NFL General Talk

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +4/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
NFL General Talk
« on: October 06, 2014, 02:43:35 AM »
So I pretty much had the Bengals down as the best team in the AFC until all of a few hours ago. Wow, what a game. Patriots looked completely different from one week to the next. Finally decided to feature the TE's and allow Revis to play man. About damn time.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:03:50 PM by Supeprime »

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 06:39:03 AM »
Yeah, I was picking the Bengals to win this one too.

My Panthers aren't doing nearly as well as I had hoped. I thought they were going to lose against the Bears, but surprisingly they got the win.

fatnlazy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 12:24:34 PM »
I'm in too much of a state of shock to really comment on anything. The Saints were so much better than this on paper.

Any Dallas freaks...Is this Ryan or the players? It's so bad, it's hard to tell.

issue9mm

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 09:00:24 PM »
I was probably the odd man out that picked New England to win last night, but only because

1) They're still shuffling after Logan Mankins' departure,

2) Home game for New England

3) Bengals, away, prime time? Fail and,

4) Brady and Bellicheck just don't embarrass themselves twice in a row.  I anticipated a rout. 

FWIW, I still think Cincinnati is probably the best team in the AFC, though I thought Baltimore was catching up (until I saw how easily the Kubiak rhythm offense was knocked off rhythm), and now I'm hoping that Baltimore can sneak in on a wildcard, and the Bengals get taken out by somebody else in the playoffs.

80sBaby

• +21/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 10:02:02 AM »
Any Dallas freaks...Is this Ryan or the players? It's so bad, it's hard to tell.

Dallas fan here...but even when they win they piss me off. That game shouldn't have been so close.

Prime

• +4/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 10:22:32 AM »

My Panthers aren't doing nearly as well as I had hoped. I thought they were going to lose against the Bears, but surprisingly they got the win.
I figured they would be fucked. But honestly the Panthers are doing BETTER than I thought. Kelvin Benjamin has been the real deal and will only get better. That offensive line got blown to hell by retirements and free agency. Best player on the D is out and probably will never play for the Panthers again. All in all, not that bad given how things have shaken out for the team personnel wise this past offseason and season. I mean shit, top 3 rbs are all hurt.

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 04:02:49 PM »

I figured they would be fucked. But honestly the Panthers are doing BETTER than I thought. Kelvin Benjamin has been the real deal and will only get better. That offensive line got blown to hell by retirements and free agency. Best player on the D is out and probably will never play for the Panthers again. All in all, not that bad given how things have shaken out for the team personnel wise this past offseason and season. I mean shit, top 3 rbs are all hurt.

If we had spent the money on Mitchell and Munerlyn instead of Hardy and kept Smith we would be in a lot better position, but that's all hindsight. Also injuries have been horrible. Davis keeps getting hurt, our rb's are out, and Cam still doesn't look fully recovered from his ankle and ribs.

Prime

• +4/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 04:39:53 PM »

If we had spent the money on Mitchell and Munerlyn instead of Hardy and kept Smith we would be in a lot better position, but that's all hindsight. Also injuries have been horrible. Davis keeps getting hurt, our rb's are out, and Cam still doesn't look fully recovered from his ankle and ribs.
On the field, Hardy is the real fucking deal. Couldn't predict him losing his mind and getting into that crazy domestic. At the time, the Panthers were more than right to prioritize Hardy over the rest. Hardy is the best DE in the NFL right now besides JJ Watt and Quinn (the latter of which is having a shit season thus far).

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 05:19:27 PM »
I agree that he's worth it when he's on the field. That's why I said hindsight. They couldn't have predicted this. It just sucks that they spent all that money and don't get to play him.

Prime

• +4/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 05:25:51 PM »
At least he is on a franchise tag. He has no cap implications for next year if he is cut or suspended following a guilty verdict. May give the Panthers an advantage in contract talks actually.

issue9mm

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 08:19:10 PM »
JJ Watt might just be the best *player* in football, or at least top 3... (I have a hard time putting him above Peyton, though if physicality is somehow ranked more than effectiveness/efficiency, he easily takes it.)

Crab Master

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
Is it safe to feel that Rex Ryan has a serious chance of losing his job this year?

issue9mm

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 11:11:29 PM »
God, I hope so. 

Meanwhile, Kubiak probably deserves a raise, after today's performance.

Prime

• +4/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 12:55:08 AM »
JJ Watt might just be the best *player* in football, or at least top 3... (I have a hard time putting him above Peyton, though if physicality is somehow ranked more than effectiveness/efficiency, he easily takes it.)

JJ Watt is without question the best individual player in football. Is he more valuable than Peyton, or Aaron Rodgers, Brady, or Brees? No. As QBs they have a far greater influence on the game than Watt does. But he is still the best in the game.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 03:36:36 PM by Supeprime »

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 05:55:34 PM »