Herochat

General Star Wars movies thread

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
Re: General Star Wars movies thread
« Reply #465 on: September 19, 2018, 02:46:20 PM »
Here's the big news:

Confirmation that, finally, Billy Dee Williams is coming back as Lando for Episode IX: https://www.cbr.com/billy-dee-williams-fighting-shape-episode-ix/
Truten forever!

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 08, 2018, 07:19:12 PM »
Star Wars Film Rogue One to Get Prequel Series at Disney's Streaming Service; Diego Luna to Reprise Role

https://tvline.com/2018/11/08/star-wars-rogue-one-prequel-series-disney-streaming-service/

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 08, 2018, 07:43:47 PM »
Star Wars Film Rogue One to Get Prequel Series at Disney's Streaming Service; Diego Luna to Reprise Role

https://tvline.com/2018/11/08/star-wars-rogue-one-prequel-series-disney-streaming-service/

What's the point of a prequel of an interquel.  Seems like it would be very limiting.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 09, 2018, 05:52:42 AM »
can’t wait for the prequel of the prequel of the prequel

*Inception gong*

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 09, 2018, 02:05:40 PM »
Hear that sound? That’s the sound of Disney scraping the bottom of the Star Wars barrel. A prequel series to a shitty prequel movie with characters that are so generic you forget about them in seconds is exactly what you don’t do to reinvigorate an anemic franchise.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

XMinusOne

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 09, 2018, 03:49:51 PM »

FFS, Disney, can you get away from the OT already? Let's get something set in the Old Republic days. So much they could do with the SW universe and they keep sticking with the same era.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 09, 2018, 08:34:12 PM »
I've got a question for you guys, and it's entirely subjective so I'm just looking to see people's preferences.  This will be the fifth project Disney does that largely eschews the force and lightsabers (Rogue One, Solo, Resistance cartoon, The Mandalorian live action TV series, and now Cassian Andor's).  Do you want/like that?

I know there was a push from certain entertainment sites years ago to do projects without Jedi/Sith style trappings, and I agreed with the idea at the time.  I kind of feel like we're going too far down that path now, though.  Thoughts?

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 09, 2018, 09:57:51 PM »
I've got a question for you guys, and it's entirely subjective so I'm just looking to see people's preferences.  This will be the fifth project Disney does that largely eschews the force and lightsabers (Rogue One, Solo, Resistance cartoon, The Mandalorian live action TV series, and now Cassian Andor's).  Do you want/like that?

I know there was a push from certain entertainment sites years ago to do projects without Jedi/Sith style trappings, and I agreed with the idea at the time.  I kind of feel like we're going too far down that path now, though.  Thoughts?

I don't mind at all. Some of my favorite books in the old EU had very little to do with the Force (The Lando Calrissian Adventures, The Han Solo Trilogy), but I'm not sure if that's a good choice for a visual medium.
Truten forever!

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 09, 2018, 10:31:25 PM »
It's a good way to expand the franchise.  The drawback is that, in live action, Star Wars often looks like your typical sci-fi show/movie unless we see some lightsabers.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 09, 2018, 10:35:06 PM »
It's a good way to expand the franchise.  The drawback is that, in live action, Star Wars often looks like your typical sci-fi show/movie unless we see some lightsabers.

Yeah, that’s kinda my feeling, that the force/lightsabers are what set Star Wars apart from other (often much better) sci fi.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 09, 2018, 10:39:42 PM »

I don't mind at all. Some of my favorite books in the old EU had very little to do with the Force (The Lando Calrissian Adventures, The Han Solo Trilogy), but I'm not sure if that's a good choice for a visual medium.

This sentiment is why I was initially okay with it. I think my question at this point is more of a “is this too much” rather than “should it ever happen.”  I personally think that yes, we should have some, but 3 tv series and multiple movies without Star War’s signature element is pushing it.

Riv1

• +67/-1059
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 09, 2018, 11:54:05 PM »

I wouldnt mind, but i’m not a huge SW fan. I like certain characters (the Solo/Lando books are still in my library somewhere), and i honestly find those characters (the rogues, droids, the criminals...) more interesting.

breaking scourge...was no challenge

XMinusOne

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 10, 2018, 09:09:58 AM »
I wouldn't mind it. Movies like Rogue One and Solo were steps in this direction even though they did both have Force users appear sparingly. I mainly want to see them get away from the OT/PT/NT and finally put these characters to rest.