« Reply #420 on: January 03, 2018, 12:20:55 AM »
Sharing is caring dude.

And stop watching me thru my window.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
Re: General Star Wars movies thread
« Reply #421 on: January 28, 2018, 09:25:10 AM »
The Han Solo movie will be called Ranger Solo in China.  Not even Star Wars: Ranger Solo.  They are completely removing the brand name.  Bad vibes.

Thanos6

• +21/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 30, 2018, 06:00:31 PM »
They should have just adapted the Thrawn Trilogy, with necessary changes for older Luke/Leia/Han/Lando.
Truten forever!

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 30, 2018, 06:51:08 PM »
They should have just adapted the Thrawn Trilogy, with necessary changes for older Luke/Leia/Han/Lando.

Or go with Lucas' original ideas.  Either way, it would've been better than what we've gotten.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 02, 2018, 09:25:10 PM »

Exactly. They are fucking idiots. All classic trilogy fans basically wanted was a competent fully realized Luke, even a little bit.

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 03, 2018, 07:11:17 PM »
The prequels focused on poor storylines. Phantom Menace is a garbage story just full of unnecessary background detail shit. The prequel trilogy would have been better starting off with teen Padawan Anakin as the Jedi enter the Civil War on the side of the Republic... then Revenge if the Sith as movie 2... with a full Darth Vader and Emperor crushing the remains of the Jedi and Republic for 3.

The original trilogy hit the sweet spot for story telling.

The sequel trilogy should have started off with the fall of Luke’s Jedi academy and simultaneous rise of Snoke and the First Order, showing Luke run off and the Resistance begin. Maybe toss in some background for Finn. Then movie 8 goes into Rey, Finn, and the Force Awakens events about finding Luke. Then movie 9 goes into The Last Jedi events but add more finality (ie: change it so that Kylo and the First Order are finished at the end).

But due to lack of planning, the sequel trilogy is missing the sweet spot just like the prequel trilogy.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

-K-M-

• +13/-4
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 04:30:16 PM by -K-M- »

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 06, 2018, 06:19:33 PM »
So Rian was fired after all.

Also, the last time GoT perps made a movie for Disney, we got Thor: The Dark World.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 06, 2018, 06:52:59 PM »
that article says both trilogies are in the works.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 06, 2018, 06:55:14 PM »

The announcer briefly says it is a separate project from Rian Johnson's trilogy.  That said, whether people think it is fair or not, I wouldn't be surprised if your take turns out to be correct.

They were already making noises recently from vague "Rian might just be doing part 1 of the new trilogy" to more severe "Rian may just be helping plan things and not directing anything." 

We might see a slow phase-out over time so as not to harm TLJ's merchandise and home media sales.

Also, the last time GoT perps made a movie for Disney, we got Thor: The Dark World.

Yeah, not great, though I think their weakness in Game of Thrones (being more prone to conventional narratives than Martin) may turn out to be a strength in Star Wars.  The Star Wars' universe lends itself to that kind of thing more than A Song of Ice and Fire's does.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 06, 2018, 06:59:23 PM »
that article says both trilogies are in the works.

Yeah, the official word is that it is in addition to Rian's trilogy not in place of.  I wonder, personally, but it is possible that after the Kenobi anthology film that Disney decides to transform the anthology year movies into a trilogy.  You'd have two alternating serial stories, which may be difficult for the most general of audiences, but I'd be fine with it.

-K-M-

• +13/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 06, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »
Disney’s Bob Iger says ‘a few’ Star Wars TV series are in the works for their streaming service
“We are developing not just one, but a few Star Wars series specifically for the Disney direct to consumer app. We’ve mentioned that and we are close to being able to reveal at least one of the interties that is developing that for us. Because the deal isn’t completely closed, we can’t be specific about that. I think you’ll find the level of talent … on the television front will be rather significant as well.”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/411537-disney-creating-a-few-star-wars-tv-series-for-streaming-service#/slide/1

Me trying to digest all the upcoming Star Wars content...

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 06, 2018, 09:19:49 PM »
Disney’s Bob Iger says ‘a few’ Star Wars TV series are in the works for their streaming service
“We are developing not just one, but a few Star Wars series specifically for the Disney direct to consumer app. We’ve mentioned that and we are close to being able to reveal at least one of the interties that is developing that for us. Because the deal isn’t completely closed, we can’t be specific about that. I think you’ll find the level of talent … on the television front will be rather significant as well.”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/411537-disney-creating-a-few-star-wars-tv-series-for-streaming-service#/slide/1

Me trying to digest all the upcoming Star Wars content...

I wonder if this is in addition to what we already know, or just a restatement that the press jumped on.  It's been official for a while now that the following projects are going to be made

-live action show
-Cartoon show replacing Rebels when it ends in March.
- Young girl oriented cartoon based on the animated short episodes they're currently producing under the "Forces of Destiny" label.

That's multiple TV shows already, I question how many they're really going to have running at once. 

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 06, 2018, 10:48:29 PM »

The announcer briefly says it is a separate project from Rian Johnson's trilogy.  That said, whether people think it is fair or not, I wouldn't be surprised if your take turns out to be correct.

They were already making noises recently from vague "Rian might just be doing part 1 of the new trilogy" to more severe "Rian may just be helping plan things and not directing anything." 

We might see a slow phase-out over time so as not to harm TLJ's merchandise and home media sales.

That's my thinking.

If we do get two trilogies, I'm just gonna peace out and wait for home video.  I'm already getting slowly burnt out on Star Wars and considering I have little faith Episode 9 will be any good, I don't know if I can muster the excitement for any more.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 06, 2018, 11:38:22 PM »
I'm already getting slowly burnt out on Star Wars and considering I have little faith Episode 9 will be any good, I don't know if I can muster the excitement for any more.

It's going to happen eventually, they want at least 1 SW movie a year in perpetuity.  Eventually it's going to cross the threshold where it's not special or noteworthy anymore, some maybe think it's already there. 

To be completely honest, however, while I have no doubt that the time is coming where I won't care much anymore, I'll probably always see a new Star Wars movie in the theater.