Herochat

Goodell, Ray Rice, and beyond.

MTL76

• +1113/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: Goodell, Ray Rice, and beyond.
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »
Women have this whole thing where they expect to be able to put their hands on men, and men just have to accept it. Dumb as shit. I put my hands on someone, i expect them to put their hands on me, its only natural. BUT, from that video? Ray Rice was completely in the fucking wrong and Janay Rice was 100% a victim in this, period. What really got me is how he showed zero remorse and just left her there on the floor. Wow.

Exactly. There's such a thing as proportional response.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

issue9mm

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 04:13:16 PM »
I believe in equal rights for women.  If she hit him first, all he did was hit her back.

I've seen reputable news sources report it both ways, so it's really hard to say what happened definitively. If he hit her twice, he's scum, and I'm glad he's gone.  If she hit him first, then rushed his ass, I'm not saying that knocking her out was warranted, but I doubt he hit her with the intent to knock her out, and I can't fault him for hitting someone who was rushing him.

If it had been anybody else in the elevator, we'd all be laughing at how that random person picked the wrong fight, and cheering Ray Rice on for having bettered his assailant, so I refuse to let her size / gender factor in to my judgement on the rightness or wrongness of his actions. 

Simply put, if he hit first, he's guilty of assault.  If she hit him first, he's completely innocent. 

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +4/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »

fatnlazy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 04:20:03 PM »
I agree up to the point where it's a woman, and a much smaller woman. If it's Chyna and her 5 inch penis, then do what you gotta do to keep from getting Darren Sharpered. More often than not, though, it's like beating a 14yo kid.

fatnlazy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 04:21:09 PM »
Maybe it's the low frame rate, but it always reminds me of Ali's phantom punch.

MTL76

• +1113/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 05:13:56 PM »
On a  related note, what do you all think of the Hope Solo abuse... "scandal"? Apparently, she got drunk and traded blows with her sister and nephew. Which I thought was horrible... Until I found out the nephew is 17. And my next thought was, "Man up, you pussy." Yes, she's an Olympic athlete, but in soccer, not judo.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

issue9mm

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 05:21:09 PM »
I agree up to the point where it's a woman, and a much smaller woman. If it's Chyna and her 5 inch penis, then do what you gotta do to keep from getting Darren Sharpered. More often than not, though, it's like beating a 14yo kid.

Like I said, I believe in women's equality.  I don't care how big or little she is, if she doesn't want to get punched back, then she should learn not to assault people.  If she struck first, she belongs in jail.