Herochat

Leia's plan in return of the Jedi

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Leia's plan in return of the Jedi
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 10:42:01 AM »
it's a terrible plan. what I'd Jabba was like rancor pit for everybody before Luke got there.

Because that wouldn't make any sense and wouldn't be in character based on what they establish of him? Of the two people that Jabba tried to have killed, one resisted him to the point of angering him, and the other pulled a gun on him. Beyond that, Jabba is shown to be something of a collector that likes to keep slaves and/or prizes around. So unless you really ticked him off or put him in danger, he wasn't going to try to kill you.

Lando was undercover as a guard, and 3PO and R2 were there as servants. No reason to kill them at all.

Chewie was a prisoner and being kept as another prize. No reason to kill him, especially since he's being kept as a trophy.

Han was unfrozen, but still a prisoner. No reason to kill him, especially since he was being kept as a trophy.

Leia unfroze Han, but didn't put up any resistance when she was captured. No reason to kill her, especially given his love of dancing girls.

Luke was the only one that did something to intentionally tick Jabba off, to the point to make Jabba want to kill all of them in revenge.

And remember, Luke had Lando in there operating undercover and gathering intel, so they all knew what they were getting into and how to behave. And Leia's part of the plan was

A) Get Chewie into the palace so he would be in a key point to aid in the break out.
B) Free Han from the carbonite so that he would be easier to break out than the huge chocolate bar he was attached to.
C) Get captured so that she'll be in a key point to aid in the break out.

So no, you're completely missing the point of what the plan was.

Where to start with this fucking book?

The rancor pit was Jabba's fucking go to move. See: oola and Luke. So you're telling me the "plan" was for Leia to get caught on purpose and they just "knew" he wouldn't kill her?  she  threatened him with a thermal detonator. By your shit logic and lame look into Jabba's mind that's grounds for Rancor.

I also get the feeling you haven't seen this movie very much and you are long winded without saying shit

If the whole plan was to unfreeze Han and get tossed in the sarlaac, Lando could have done all that himself.

I find myself hoping that you're just being deliberately obtuse, because the alternative is kind of sad.

You said initially that the plan was dumb because Jabba could have fed everyone to the rancor. I point out that Jabba didn't feed everyone that annoyed him to the rancor, so there wasn't a real risk there so long as they didn't deliberately tick Jabba off to the certain point. And your comeback is that it was Jabba's go to move?

No. No it was not. The only people that got fed to it were the people that either resisted him to the point of angering him, or who tried to shoot him. It was not his go to response to every situation. Jabba prefered to keep people as trophies, prisoners or slaves, and only killed when he was either well and truly angry or was threatened.

People Jabba tried to feed to the rancor:
* Oola, for resisting him to the point of angering him.
* Luke, for pulling a gun on him.

People Jabba DIDN'T immediately feed to the rancor:
* Chewie, who was instead kept as a prisoner.
* Leia, in her bounty hunter disguise, despite pulling a bomb on him.
* Han, recently unfrozen, who was kept as a prisoner.
* Leia, who freed Han, who was just turned into a slave girl.
* Bib Fortuna, who fell victim to Luke's powers, who he let live.

Even Luke didn't get thrown to the rancor immediately, even after he tried to use his powers on Jabba, and it was only when he pulled a gun on Jabba to cut off 3PO from warning him about the trap door.

As for Lando, his whole reason for being at Jabba's was to set himself up as a guard so that when Luke made his break out attempt, he would be in a position to help Chewie guard Han. If Lando had freed Han without Leia and Chewie having shown up, then Lando and Han would have both been prisoners, Lando would have been weaponless during the escape attempt, they would have had no wookie back up, and no one in a position to kill Jabba.

Jenny Everdeen

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 11:51:02 AM »
you're right. You're response was well thought out and detailed and didn't deserve the vitriol.

Is this where I keep arguing minor details to prove I was correct the whole time? Not this sister. Reading both your post you have convinced me and I see your point, where you are coming from and how you got there.

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 12:59:50 PM »
Oh shit, people having a mature discussion? (remembers this is about RotJ Jabba rescue plans) Carry on.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

scourge

• +37/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 01:41:22 PM »
I'm also happy to see this. Keep up the good work.

boundtoflames

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 07:30:28 PM »
Fetishist not atheist, different school of philosophy.