Herochat

*SPOILERS* is a gay

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: *SPOILERS* is a gay
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 10:30:34 AM »
Ok, good, I feel better knowing your not getting in on that.

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 10:31:45 AM »
That was terrible. And stupid. Also, remember when psychics actually respected your privacy and didn't just casually read your thoughts? That was one of the more infuriating things about Ultimate X-Men that did not need to be brought over.

Perhaps her inexperience? Isn't she a lot more powerful than Jean was originally at that age, but with the same lack of experience?

Speed of Zound

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 10:32:39 AM »
That was terrible. And stupid. Also, remember when psychics actually respected your privacy and didn't just casually read your thoughts? That was one of the more infuriating things about Ultimate X-Men that did not need to be brought over.
He was thinking about cock with such intensity that She couldn't block the mental flashes of Wolverine hairy fuck-pole emanating from Bobby. It was light a flashing neon light in the dark.

Ok, good, I feel better knowing your not getting in on that.
I'm glad we cleared that up.

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 10:41:25 AM »
Also, why does Kitty not being on Earth have any influence on Iceman's sexuality?

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2015, 10:44:08 AM »
If Bendis really wanted to go down this road he should have just made him bi cause now we got years of continuity that makes no sense. Time is broken.
God do you know how many people would be thrilled to see him bi.
Hell make him bi and have him enter (lol) a relationship with a dude.
THAT ALONE would be like "Woah"
now it's just "Everybody says they're bi"
I mean I am (wait, no wait, I'm not) but doesn't mean EVERYBODY says what the fuck does that even mean Bendis

I don't really care if a character is bi, straight, or gay. I just don't like the complete disregard of continuity. At least making him bi would keep the continuity someone intact. The fact they even acknowledge is kind of a fuck you.

Speed of Zound

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2015, 10:45:35 AM »
If Bendis really wanted to go down this road he should have just made him bi cause now we got years of continuity that makes no sense. Time is broken.
I mean I am (wait, no wait, I'm not) but doesn't mean EVERYBODY says what the fuck does that even mean Bendis

I don't really care if a character is bi, straight, or gay. I just don't like the complete disregard of continuity. At least making him bi would keep the continuity someone intact. The fact they even acknowledge is kind of a fuck you.
Bi isn't progressive enough, ever dently.

MTL76

• +1123/-16
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2015, 10:47:41 AM »
Also, why does Kitty not being on Earth have any influence on Iceman's sexuality?

Presumably Iceman's gay penis was enough to cause her to flee her native planet.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2015, 11:15:04 AM »

TIMETRAVELAMIRITE

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2015, 11:15:43 AM »
This boils down to turning characters gay for the sake of turning characters gay.

It trivializes the real life trials and tribulations that homosexuals go through in modern day society.

Loves me some gay but not gay Bobby though.

Necro

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2015, 11:37:52 AM »
Bobby is not gay.
This whole thing is idiotic.
There was a small group in the fandom who were wishing he was gay, because, gosh, he's so cute, and he can't seem to keep a relationship going.

Well, newsflash, a lot of straight people have a hard time keeping steady relationships going.
Fuck, 90% of comic characters don't have relationships that last longer than like 3 years IRL time, and the ones who -do- have a relationship, Peter Parker/MJ, Superman/Lois Lane, etc, usually get divorced by editorial.

I guess that means they are gay, too.

Hamburglar

• +2414/-55
  • I use naughty words
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2015, 11:39:51 AM »
If it were a male telepath calling out someone like X-23 for liking women, the invasion of her personal thoughts would be called rape.

FUCKING DIGUSTING

Necro

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2015, 11:44:46 AM »
If it were a male telepath calling out someone like X-23 for liking women, the invasion of her personal thoughts would be called rape.
The funny thing is Jean did that at least 3 times in the last 6 issues now.
She's more inside of peoples minds than Xavier ever was.

Hulk Victorious

• +1/-189
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2015, 12:28:58 PM »
That was one of the more infuriating things about Ultimate X-Men that did not need to be brought over.
Well, this isn't the first time Bendis mucked up the mainstream universe with Ultimate stuff

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2015, 12:41:40 PM »
I'm really thinking this is setting up The younger X-Men as Alt versions of the Modern version.

Red Exodus

• +10/-20
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2015, 01:18:33 PM »
now we got years of continuity that makes no sense. Time is broken.

This isn't that new Neo. For fucking years now, people just kind of waltz in and rewrite, disregard, retcon,
overlook, ignore, etc. etc. just about anything they want.

Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver not being Magneto's children. Tony Stark not being a real Stark. There is no
Chaos Magic. The Beyonder. One More Day. The list goes on and on dude.

Current comics (at least from DC & Marvel) have one rule : there are no rules. Just get in there and fanfiction
to your heart's content.

Any one of us could get a job at Marvel, have morons proclaim we're the next coming of christ in terms of
comic literature, and we could retroactively fuck with years of established canon just for the fuck of it.