Herochat

Game of Thrones

80sBaby

• +15/-6
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #960 on: July 17, 2017, 01:54:06 PM »
There was an interesting little Easter egg during the scene with Cersei and Jaime walking around the giant map of Westeros. While they were talking, she was standing at the Neck and Jaime was standing at the Fingers, possibly a hint toward the Maggie the Frog prophecy about how the valonqar (which means little brother or something) would wrap his hands around her throat. It's strange that the rest of the prophecy was included in the show and that part was left out. There's been a ton of speculation as to who the "valonqar" will be, since it wasn't stated that it would specifically be HER little brother, and she has two of those anyway. This scene could be nothing, but it really seemed to purposely done to just be coincidence.

Jamie is definitely going to kill Cersei. It would complete his arc.

« Reply #961 on: July 17, 2017, 02:19:26 PM »
Ed Sheeran cameo was fucking stupid tho.

Cheers.

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 17, 2017, 02:35:37 PM »
One of the gang of good Lannisters is Shaun, the lead from This Is England.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 17, 2017, 03:00:30 PM »
That's why you're no leader

Yeah. I think not kicking a bunch of kids out and having them pledge loyalty is the better option in the long run.

No consequences if your loyal or not is a bad call in the long run.  His choice trying to be righteous is what got him his brother and father (well cousin and uncle) killed.

« Reply #964 on: July 17, 2017, 03:12:15 PM »

Fuuuuck good call, I knew I recognised him from somewhere but couldn't quite place it.

Cheers.

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 17, 2017, 03:14:19 PM »
I'm with Sansa he should have took the Umber's and Karstarks houses from them. Will make the others think twice about betrayal.

Disagree. Jon's willingness to forgive the Umber and Karstark children not only buys him their undying loyalty, but demonstrates he's a just and fair ruler to his other bannermen, and shows the difference between his style of leadership and the Lannisters, who would have burned the castles to the ground and slaughtered the entire family line.

80sBaby

• +15/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 17, 2017, 03:14:49 PM »

Yeah. I think not kicking a bunch of kids out and having them pledge loyalty is the better option in the long run.

No consequences if your loyal or not is a bad call in the long run.  His choice trying to be righteous is what got him his brother and father (well cousin and uncle) killed.

Jon wasn't being "righteous" so much as realizing the true enemy is the White Walkers. They need EVERYONE if they're going to win this war between the living and the dead.

Plus, Robb and Ned died due to making obviously dumb decisions. Ned thought someone like Cersei, who had showed NO signs of honor, would act honorably. Rob stupidly killed one of his Bannerman. This is hardly the same as giving children a chance to make different decisions than their predecessors.

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 17, 2017, 03:15:08 PM »

Fuuuuck good call, I knew I recognised him from somewhere but couldn't quite place it.

Cheers.

Yeah, I will always have a soft spot for the actors who were in that. I hope Arya doesn't wind up killing him :) and that he plays a bigger role.

NeoGreenLantern

• +43/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 17, 2017, 03:44:48 PM »

Like he said their was consequences. His enemies are all dead. Those kids didn't betray him. Someone will probably betray him and he's going to have to dish out some justice but in the long run its going work in his favor. I'm guessing he's either going to take Littlefinger's or Sansa's head.

LiquidSailor

• +42/-143
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 17, 2017, 05:39:34 PM »
I liked we got to see Jorah's stone cock lunge out at the Tarly boy.  Odd that he made it to the west before Danny.

DIGUSTING

Von Doom

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 17, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »

Sure it would complete his redemption arc, but there's really no reason his story has to end that way. We don't HAVE to have a typical bittersweet tragedy. Brienne could end his arc as well, killing him with Oathkeeper and denying him his redemption(or possibly completing it if he simply allows her to), which is honestly where I see it going in the book assuming Catelyn doesn't actually hang Brienne in the beginning of the Winds of Winter. However, both things could possibly happen, and obviously the showrunners are more interested in classic storylines and endings than Martin is, so things could play out differently in each medium.

Besides, we already have a solid redemption story that seems like it will actually play out: The Hound. I don't need or want two. But that's obviously just my preference and not indicative of reality.

Uhtceare

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 17, 2017, 06:34:21 PM »
I liked we got to see Jorah's stone cock lunge out at the Tarly boy.  Odd that he made it to the west before Danny.

Why? Getting west isn't difficult. It's getting an army to a place both big enough to dock warships and not full of Lannister defenses.

Mightily Oats

• +71/-572
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 17, 2017, 06:36:52 PM »

Sure it would complete his redemption arc, but there's really no reason his story has to end that way. We don't HAVE to have a typical bittersweet tragedy. Brienne could end his arc as well, killing him with Oathkeeper and denying him his redemption(or possibly completing it if he simply allows her to), which is honestly where I see it going in the book assuming Catelyn doesn't actually hang Brienne in the beginning of the Winds of Winter.
We got confirmation that Cat didn't hang her in book 5, when she met up again later with Jaime.

Which is still left dangling.
Besides, we already have a solid redemption story that seems like it will actually play out: The Hound. I don't need or want two. But that's obviously just my preference and not indicative of reality.
Funny that you mention him, because Bran's vision from book one has a man as a golden as the sun and a man with the terrible face of a hound standing in front of a stone giant, whose helmet spilled blood when the visor opened.

So maybe their fates are not just similar, but entwined.

80sBaby

• +15/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 17, 2017, 06:42:17 PM »

Sure it would complete his redemption arc, but there's really no reason his story has to end that way. We don't HAVE to have a typical bittersweet tragedy. Brienne could end his arc as well, killing him with Oathkeeper and denying him his redemption(or possibly completing it if he simply allows her to), which is honestly where I see it going in the book assuming Catelyn doesn't actually hang Brienne in the beginning of the Winds of Winter. However, both things could possibly happen, and obviously the showrunners are more interested in classic storylines and endings than Martin is, so things could play out differently in each medium.

I wasn't thinking about redemption, actually. More like symmetry. Also, the prediction for Cersei said her "younger brother" would kill her so it's already been foreshadowed. Jamie will be both the King & Queen Slayer.

Master

• +32/-23
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 17, 2017, 07:14:41 PM »
So what gift is Euron going to bring? Worst case scenario is a kidnapped Tyrion who is tortured and killed by Cersei.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.