Herochat

Susan Storm: Iron Fist

scourge

• +36/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Susan Storm: Iron Fist
« on: October 16, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »
http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/front-page-comic-news/87786-susan-storm-iron-fist.html

Has anyone heard about this? I'm intrigued. Her brief tutelage under Danny Rand always stuck out in my mind as an interesting association between characters. I'm all for this.

I feel like everyone else in the FF has been getting love but her. Reed's in all sorts of adventures with the Illuminati and is the smartest man on Earth. Thing had his own series for a spell. We've seen various portrayals of Johnny Storm, when he came back from the dead, and when another Johnny Storm from a different possible time line showed up in FF, but what has Sue been doing? Not a whole lot. Being of goodish power and matronly, and in general being a supporting cast member.

Get some, Sue Storm.

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
Re: Susan Storm: Iron Fist
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 07:44:05 PM »
Do something with Sue Storm, sure.  not this, though.

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 07:52:04 PM »
Yeah Sue's always been the Mom, either for her own team (when she wasn't the Girl) or other teams.

scourge

• +36/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 03:22:46 PM »
Well I still hope something interesting happens with her. I'd be cool with her getting in touch with her blonde arian martial artist roots.

Whiskeyclone

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 07:49:01 PM »
You can tell they've been a bit restless to get something different done with her. See: when she was Wolverine's time-travel buddy for that crappy event a few events ago.

Any way they go, she's got it better than the Thing. What real/successful chance does that poor schmuck have outside of FF books?

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 07:55:01 PM »
You can tell they've been a bit restless to get something different done with her. See: when she was Wolverine's time-travel buddy for that crappy event a few events ago.

Any way they go, she's got it better than the Thing. What real/successful chance does that poor schmuck have outside of FF books?

Whiskeyclone

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »
Actually, he should get a Taxi-Cab Confessions book. Characters could get all comical and meta talking to him while he Fred Flinstone's them around Manhattan.

Whiskeyclone

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 07:58:09 PM »
Nick Spencer's follow-up to Superior Foes. Marvel, get on it.

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »
Actually, he should get a Taxi-Cab Confessions book. Characters could get all comical and meta talking to him while he Fred Flinstone's them around Manhattan.

hahahaha
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »
I have always been surprised Thing's solo series never took off.  I think under the right writer, it could work.

rpgmaker3

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »
sunfire!

Sstorm owns...top billing?

Word.

fp sf v ss is intriguing.

Red Exodus

• +12/-21
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 05:55:45 PM »
Do something with Sue Storm, sure.  not this, though.

Agreed. She's strong enough as a character to just be the Invisible Woman. Shit, she's
powerful enough just being the Invisible Woman. Throw in martial arts and the actual
Iron Fist/ki abilities and she's going to be a fucking monster in terms of combat.

That aside though, I just don't see her as the martial-artist type. Not that she couldn't
or shouldn't use hand to hand, but I feel like it somehow just doesn't suit her.

Someone with a more combat-oriented/militaristic background like say, Ms. Marvel
(although not specifically her), I could see learning the Iron Fist. But Sue?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:57:32 PM by Red Exodus »