Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: NBA General Talk  (Read 3204 times)

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • Administrator
  • King
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
NBA General Talk
« on: March 24, 2015, 02:45:20 PM »

I'm almost certain this will only be me Wyntyr, and maybe gary lol

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
Re: NBA General Talk
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 01:08:14 PM »

Brad Stevens is single handedly fucking the Celtics longterm because he is too good of a coach. Coaching a team that should have a decent chance at #1 in the lottery and has them in playoff contention. Such a good draft too, god damnit.

Wyntyr

• The Walking Apocalypse
  • Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 06:05:19 PM »

Haha I said that exact same thing yesterday.

But what he's doing with a team full of basic roleplayers and no real stars is incredible

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 06:25:24 PM »

I know the East is weak, but still. Wow. Unbelievable what he has done. Celtics got the best possible hire to replace Doc Rivers. But damn do we need a franchise player to build around. May have to trade some of the jazillion draft picks we have to get one know instead of hoping the lottery works in our favor for once.

JookDukem

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 12:47:18 AM »

Add me to the list lol. Basketball is my first love lol. Been playing since I was 6 ish. Played a little college ball, technically made the team before getting kicked off of it for getting into a fist fight with the assistant coach.

I look forward to future discussions bro.

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 01:04:16 AM »

Who do you guys got in the finals?

JookDukem

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 01:09:40 AM »

Who do you guys got in the finals?

Warriors vs Cavs.

That Warriors team is fucking ridiculous and their point differential is stupid. As much as I love the season Atlanta is putting together they're going to be hard pressed to find the same level of consistency in the playoffs. The Hawks are a  well oiled machine, with Budenholtz coming from the San Antonio school of thought but they just don't have the talent to match up with the Cavs imo.

As far as who I'd want to see in the finals it'd be Grizzlies vs Hawks. I feel like that would be an amazing finals because of the struggles each organization has had to deal with generally speaking. It weould just be an amazing story to see those two franchises finally reach the top of the mountain.

Wyntyr

• The Walking Apocalypse
  • Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 03:00:46 AM »

Warriors/Cavs

Who do I want to see? Warriors v ATL.

Who do I really really really want to see? A healthy 2015 OKC vs the 2008 Celtics, but my DeLorean is in the shop

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 05:18:23 PM »

Warriors/Cavs

Who do I want to see? Warriors v ATL.

Who do I really really really want to see? A healthy 2015 OKC vs the 2008 Celtics, but my DeLorean is in the shop

The ball movement in a Warriors/Hawks final on offense would be ridiculous. It'd be like watching a work of art on either ends of the floor. Same with a Spurs/Warriors matchup in the Western Finals if that happens.

JookDukem

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 12:42:47 PM »

I've always wondered why there was such a huge band wagon for OKC. It's always seemed quite obvious to me that their ceiling as championship contenders was tied closely to the development of James Harden. Westbrook and Durant were both obviously going to take a large leap and Harden to some peoples surprise was making huge strides as well. With Harden making that next leap they were poised to utterly dominate the decade. You can argue that Harden may not be the same player he is now by having to play behind Russ and Durant but talent wins out over flaming out with a player like Harden. He has a natural affinity for the game. He is simply a great ball player and so long as you don't have an inept coach or a dysfunctional franchise to set him off track, a player like Harden was simply bound to improve. We see that Harden's transformation was not dependent on coach or system. His first game as a Rocket he goes off for like 38 points or some shit. He is simply sick wit it.

The Harden trade was one of the worst trades in NBA history. Refusing that luxury tax was ridiculous. OKC can spin it however they like, but it does not take even a basic basketball mind to see that OKC's core was obviously Harden, Russ and Durant. Ibaka is an above average rim protector and a decent mid range threat. He shoots a great percentage for a big yes, but he is merely average offensively due to his utter reliance on anyone other than him creating an open look and no back to the basket game. He is slightly overrated as a rim protector. He is not in the elite category quite honestly. He is not Andre Drummond or DeAndre Jordan or Rudy Gobert(Have you seen opponents FG% at the rim? Insane). OKC simply miscalculated here. They overrated the dangers of the luxury tax and Ibaka's ceiling as a player and they will pay for it by not winning a title with the players they currently have.

A completely healthy OKC team is a contender I willingly admit as much but they are by no means a lock whatsoever. Kanter is nice but he's putting up empty stats and is a sieve on defense. Ibaka is Ibaka. Westbrook is legit as he's ever been and Durant is still not better than LeBron.   The talent they have makes them contenders but with Harden instead of Ibaka they would have been able to build around a core that would have been unmatched in the NBA today, talent wise. You would not be able to name 3 players as talented as Harden, Russ, and Durant on the same team. Instead I predict them getting close/semi-close but never getting over that hump. I have an extremely hard time seeing them reach the finals again honestly.

Mileage will vary of course but these are my beliefs on the Harden trade.       

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:45:17 PM by JookDukem »

wowie

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 02:04:53 AM »

lol pretty much

wowie

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 02:06:27 AM »

So any expectations for this upcoming season?

Will Kobe win that 6th ring?
Will the Knicks actually be good?
Will D. Rose get hurt AGAIN?

????????????

BigJayStudd

• King
  • 2015 Strider "Shittiest comeback" Award Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 02:28:14 AM »

So any expectations for this upcoming season?

Will Kobe win that 6th ring?
Will the Knicks actually be good?
Will D. Rose get hurt AGAIN?

????????????

1. Nope
2. Nope. Not while Carmelo is on the team
3. Yes

JookDukem

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 04:51:13 PM »

Yeah - I just watched Michelle roberts go HARD in support of Thabo and his civic case.

This next cba negotiations are going to be a fucking blood bath because the owners are not fucking ready for this woman. She is going to remove these mother fuckers' nut sacks.

Stink face git em.

JookDukem

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 06:46:21 PM »

It's extremely telling that the entire NBA is expressing their condolences for Lamar and his family while Derrick Rose talks about his fucking eye.

D-Rose needs an honest to goodness PR team that knows what the fuck they are doing because it's obvious that Rose's circle is fucking ignorant on most things involving living life. Jesus Christ.
Pages: [1] 2 3