Herochat

Last Man on Earth

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Last Man on Earth
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 08:13:39 AM »
Since we're talking details...

I saw not one animal in the show, unless i missed an ofd bird somewhere.
That said, where TF are all the bodies???????

Yeah I was wondering the same thing everything was too clean.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »
The implication is that the virus worked VERY fast to kill off humanity because no one apparently even had time to raid stores for provisions. As for where the bodies are, I think it's a budget issue. Cheaper to not litter every scene with rotting corpses and skeletons. And this is a major network comedy, so littering scenes with corpses might have been a bit too dark. "LOL, Phil is having trouble getting those bodies into a mass grave!!!"

As for animals, no clue. Phil and Carol are now talking about gardening, but there is no mention of hunting. And no wild animals scavenging the towns with Phil. No mention of Phil carrying a gun for protection from possible wild animals (just for fun).

Maybe this super virus killed off (almost) every complex organism on the planet?
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 08:59:04 AM »
I actually was thinking the virus happened slow so it was easy getting a huge chunk of the population into quarantine zones.

Necro

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 10:46:51 PM »
So far I'm quite enjoying the show.
I also feel that 25 mins are pretty much the perfect amount of time to give it.
More would make it get a bit tiresome.

I am greatly enjoying to be able to watch these two people, trying to live in a post-humanity/animal world.

One completely goes off the rails, the other desperately holding onto a remnant of rules and such.

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 11:27:14 AM »
Saw episode 3, then 1 and 2. I'm hoping he can get a piece of that January Jones...and then as he's such an Everyman, vicariously enjoy his fun... But I doubt he will.

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 12:12:35 PM »
Watched the first two episodes, gonna watch the third tonight.

It's really funny. I agree with Necro that 25 min. is the perfect length for this. I have no idea how they can sustain it but that's part of the fun, I think.

I like how Phil goes from being desperately lonely to completely sick of Carol in the span of a few minutes.

The humor can get very dark. Like when Phil starts to make out with the mannequin, or when he's doing the role call of his "friends" at the bar... It's funny but also really sad, especially when they flash back to before the plague or whatever and you see he was a normal dude.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 06:51:56 PM »
For the sake of more genetic diversity, he has to impregnate them both. Granted, it seems likely we'll see more and more people show up soon.

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »
Next is a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper hot lady.... with a dick.

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 10:19:19 AM »
Last night's two episodes were pretty weak. I'm afraid as they introduce more people this is going to become like every other sitcom - a post-apocalypse "Friends". I liked it better when Phil didn't give a shit and was more bat-shit crazy, and I was kind of hoping everyone else would be a bit bat-shit as well. It would have been funny if after he introduced Melissa to his sporting goods friends she busted out her own tennis ball/best friend. Or something. Basically, Phil was just way too pathetic last night.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 05:25:42 PM »
Last night's two episodes were pretty weak. I'm afraid as they introduce more people this is going to become like every other sitcom - a post-apocalypse "Friends". I liked it better when Phil didn't give a shit and was more bat-shit crazy, and I was kind of hoping everyone else would be a bit bat-shit as well. It would have been funny if after he introduced Melissa to his sporting goods friends she busted out her own tennis ball/best friend. Or something. Basically, Phil was just way too pathetic last night.

I haven't watched yet, but the new people don't have mental breakage akin to Carol and Phil? Lame.

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 07:09:14 AM »
He needs to grow his beard back.

Thanos6

• +8/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 06:41:19 AM »
I would have watched this if they didn't keep introducing characters.  The original premise sounded better to me; I'd honestly love to watch a show like this with only ONE person.
Truten forever!

Whiskeyclone

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 12:28:39 PM »
This show has reinforced my distrust of network shows yet again. Really wanted to like it, but turned it off mid-way through the 3rd, and again when I tried to give the 4th a chance. Ah well.

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »
Not to be a hater but it's weird to have such a 180 degree turn in quality. It's almost like they chickened out.

Mightily Oats

• +71/-574
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 03:11:42 PM »
I watched the latest two episodes and I thought they were pretty funny.

Amazing how you've all turned on the show since then