Herochat

Last Man on Earth

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-17
    • View Profile
Last Man on Earth
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:22:21 AM »
Anyone else watch this? It had a pretty solid start. I'm not sure how long they can keep the gimmick going but they did a pretty good job of putting on screen what I would be doing if I was the last man on earth.

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Last Man on Earth
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 12:48:46 PM »
Yeah that what I was thinking its good but I don't see how they can substain it.  Another show I put in should be a one and done or short series run

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 02:50:57 PM »
I heard the concept and thought it sounded like a dud, something better as a series of SNL skits than a series.

The commercials looked really funny, but I still can't see how this can be a whole series. Maybe it will be planned at just one season, like Fargo. Going to give it a shot.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »
They are going to introduce at least one female character from I read about the show. But then it goes from being a one-person gimmick to a two-person gimmick.

I don't know if you can sustain a show like this for more than a season with two characters.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 06:38:03 PM »
I was trying to avoid spoilers but they already introduced the female lead. I do believe they will be doing flashbacks at some point though because they showed a pictures of the main guys family and Jason Sedakis was in the picture. There wouldn't be a reason to show him if he wasn't going to show up at some point.

LiquidSailor

• +44/-145
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 07:47:01 PM »
I missed the show, but did they say why he's the last man on earth?  What happened to everyone else?

DIGUSTING

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 08:05:25 PM »
Virus killed everybody. The show starts of with him arriving back in home town of Tuscon in a tour bus full of stuff he's ransacked across country like priceless artwork and Declaration of Independence. He's searched every state but found no one. He leaves signs everywhere saying alive in Tuscon and eventually the last woman finds him because of that.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 08:12:32 PM »
Virus killed everybody. The show starts of with him arriving back in home town of Tuscon in a tour bus full of stuff he's ransacked across country like priceless artwork and Declaration of Independence. He's searched every state but found no one. He leaves signs everywhere saying alive in Tuscon and eventually the last woman finds him because of that.

It's like when HC crashed & Saf sought us all out individually to create a new Utopia...

Saf had me at, "I'm building an ark."

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 08:13:54 PM »
pretty much.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »
I checked it out. The back-to-back first two episodes are good. I like how Phil completely gave up on life, but that it was a very slow burn. And then Carol shows up with her obsession with rules (which probably kept her going). But then she starts giving up after seeing no hope for Phil... and seeing her start to give up provides Phil with the motivation to seek betterment.

Granted, I'm not referring to "betterment" of buying into Carol's notion that all societal rules must be followed. She obviously takes shit to extreme after being alone for so long. But she at least reminds Phil that there should be SOME rules (ie: He might shoot windows for shits and giggles, but he wouldn't burn down a church). And having SOME rules... and a person to spend time with... can lead him up and out of the emotional dumps. Also, their bickering is generally funny. After following their own solo codes of life for two years, the petty ideological differences lead to some thoughtful conversations... all done with the right amount of eye rolling and comedic hatred for each other.

That all said? It almost feels like we are two episodes away from finishing this thing. I do not see where the story can progress for a whole season.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 12:24:08 PM »
On a side note, he picked a shitty place to live. I know it is where he was raised, but it's the fucking desert. After two years, he is likely tapping out the nearby stores of fresh bottled water. His hose solution won't last long.

Anywhere else in the country with a steadier supply of rain would be a better place to set up shop.

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 12:55:47 PM »
Yeah they covered a shit ton of ground in two episodes. Apparently this was originally pitched as a movie.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 01:03:08 PM »
Yeah they covered a shit ton of ground in two episodes. Apparently this was originally pitched as a movie.

That makes sense.

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 02:46:16 PM »
On a side note, he picked a shitty place to live. I know it is where he was raised, but it's the fucking desert. After two years, he is likely tapping out the nearby stores of fresh bottled water. His hose solution won't last long.

Anywhere else in the country with a steadier supply of rain would be a better place to set up shop.

I think thats actually part of the plan to keep it fresh. Eventually he will have to leave.

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 07:49:57 AM »
I was wondering the same thing but its a question I don't really need answered.