Herochat

Favourite curbstomp received by your favourite hero

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite curbstomp received by your favourite hero
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 05:12:58 PM »
Yes.

Would you have preferred a 9 page essay or just the two lines I had?

I'm not unaware of what I did

Given the option, just something relevant to the topic than antithetical to it.

Thanos6

• +21/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 06:45:21 AM »
-Spider-Man's fight with Electro (when he came back after retirement)

Was this in DeFalco's run, just after the Clone Saga wrapped up?  That was one of the few times Electro felt like a real unstoppable force.
Truten forever!

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 12:42:31 PM »
Yeah. Electro essentially moped the floor with Spider-Man, and forced him to beg for his life or else he'd kill the surrounding civilians.

If it helps with the when this happened, Electro had gotten his powers back thanks to The Rose.

Thanos6

• +21/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 02:05:41 PM »
Yeah, I remember that story arc, I was just making sure that was the one you were talking about.  That was a really fun one, one of DeFalco's best.
Truten forever!

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 05:43:25 PM »

Dragon's first fight with Overlord sees Dragon get pummeled, a hand disintegrated, and thrown out a building and impaled on a spire.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/12/04/show-12-4-18-animated-feature/ (The Top Ten cartoons based on comic book characters!)

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 04:29:35 PM »
-Spider-Man's fight with Electro (when he came back after retirement)

To my shame, I've never read this story, but I always hear about it and it sounds cool. Electro's one of my favorite Spidey villains.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Thanos6

• +21/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 10:46:37 PM »
It's great.  Think it's from Amazing 421-425.
Truten forever!

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 04:30:16 AM »
Bane "breaking", Batman.

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »
Some off the top of my head:

• Captain Marvel vs Black Adam during the early days of the Power of Shazam series. This was back when Power Sharing was in effect and the Marvels were all powered up. Adam blitzed in and pretty much knocked away Mary and Freddy like they were nothing, and then delivered the most one-sided beat down I've ever seen Cap receive. He broke Cap's arm, beat him within an inch of his life, dropped him down a deep pit and then filled it with cement, where Cap would have drowned if Freddy hadn't de-powered, giving Cap enough strength to survive and escape. Cap really couldn't mount any kind of offense or defense during the battle.

• Captain America vs Iron Man during the middle-point of Civil War. Tony delivered a pretty one-sided beat down to Cap, knocking him around, claiming that his armor had recorded every move Steve had ever made, so he could see every attack coming a mile away. Cap and Tony had fought before, and Cap usually put up a solid fight in those instances, but not this one. It looked pretty clear Cap would have lost if someone hadn't interfered.

• Shang Chi vs Hiroim. While Shang started out good with the punch catch, it's clear he was outmatched from the get go, and he was down in the space of a page or two without ever having really done any damage to the guy.

• Iron Fist and Luke Cage vs the Hulk. Bannerless Hulk was rampaging through New York, and these two attempted to stop him. The Hulk casually palmed Iron Fist's punch, and contained the force of the impact so Danny basically took the hit himself, taking him out of the fight. Luke Cage tackled the Hulk from behind, but then got swatted so hard he flew through several buildings. The pair barely slowed the Hulk down.

• The Flash (Wally) vs Prof. Zoom, the Reverse Flash. During the first 'Return of Barry Allen' story way back in the 1994, Wally West took on a time traveling Prof. Zoom, who briefly thought he was Barry Allen. During this time, Wally was limited to about Mach 1 or 2, tops. Zoom had full Barry Allen level lightspeed. Every time they fought before the final confrontation, Zoom completely handed Wally his ass. One fight was over in the space of two pages.

• Spider-Man vs

• Batman vs Prometheus. During their initial encounter, Batman was confident he could on Prometheus. Then Prometheus reveals the extent of his fight computers abilities, which includes Batman's moveset. The fight happened off panel, but we see Prometheus drop an unconscious and bloody Batman at his feet with a huge grin on his face, absolutely none the worse for wear. Batman later commented that the fight had been 'humbling'.

• Batman vs the Bronze Tiger. While Batman was talking with Kathy Kane, when the League of Assassins showed up to kill her. Batman makes it clear that isn't going to happen, at which point the League introduces Batman to the Bronze Tiger. The two fight, with Batman blocking the Tiger's initial attack, only for the Tiger's follow up attack to take him out of the fight entirely. Batman was helpless to prevent the League from murdering Kathy. I don't think I've ever seen Batman dispatched as handily by a human-level martial artist as he was there.   

• Tenshinhan vs Android 17. Tenshinhan, like the rest of the humans, became less relevant to DBZ as time went on, but he could often still make an impact. He was able to harm Stage 2 Cell, he saved Mr. Satan and Dende from Majin Buu, he had an alright showing against Nappa, etc. But against Android 17? He didn't even need to get physically beaten down, 17 just avoided his attack and choked him out. Probably his most humiliating defeat.

Thanos6

• +21/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 09:55:07 PM »
Spidey vs. who?

I would say Tenshinhan's most humiliating defeat might be being defeated by one kick from Buu's disembodied legs, myself.
Truten forever!

Jonathanos

• +5/-0
  • The Gamma Judas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 11:28:39 PM »
Only time Groo got curbstomped that I recall at the moment is when he'd tossed away his swords and an army jumped him.  So that one by default.  Or does the fact he have no swords invalidate it?

Banner-Hulk got his head handed to him by the Leader's humanoids in Hulk #281.  That was one of my first Hulk comics, so it's a favorite for that reason alone.

I love the Crossroads storyline and Hulk got stomped several times during those issues.
Click below to go to

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 11:29:42 PM »
D'oh, that was suppose to be Spidey vs Dr. Octopus during their initial encounter. It was so bad a beat down that Spidey almost gave up heroism.

And the bit with Buu was at least somewhat understandable. I mean, at that point, he was so powerful that Kaio Gohan was getting stomped by him. Getting taken out by a sucker punch from such a being isn't really bad. Plus there at least Tenshinhan deflected an attack, dodged another one and got in a Kikoho, even if it didn't do anything.

Thanos6

• +21/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 11:40:15 PM »
Ah yes, that was a good beatdown.  It's funny; in the original issue, Ock says, "And now, Superman, I grow bored with this game!"  Most reprints treat it as an error and correct it to Spider-Man, but personally I like to imagine that was Octopus purposefully taunting him.

That ish is one of the reasons that I'll always choose Octavius, not Osborn, as his archenemy.
Truten forever!

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 12:02:04 AM »
Ock gave him a decent beatdown in the Reveng eof the Sinister Six arc too.