Herochat

The Blacklist

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: The Blacklist
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 09:23:44 AM »
I refuse to watch a show where the lead character is named Red Reddington.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »
I refuse to watch a show where the lead character is named Red Reddington.

Raymond Reddington.  When people call him "Red" they are shortening his last name. 

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 09:36:03 AM »
OK then I'll give it a shot.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

herochat

• +103/-80
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 12:36:14 PM »
It's a phenomenal show.  James Spader is so strangely charismatic. I love him

And thanks Kallor and Riv for not spoiling,  even though I think I may have accidentally  spoiled myself when I Googled  to see when this season ends.  I need to get caught up
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2016, 04:39:12 PM »
...all these shows setting up their spinoffs in the middle of their parent shows narrative is a little annoying at times.
Whst shows are you talking about? I knew about Agents of Shield. This one too? Others?

Blacklist, Shield, Arrow and Flash frequently, and Chicago PD with their law spinoff and last year with the medical spinoff.  Supernatural has done it before as well and I'll bet more come to me later.  Typically these shows don't even get picked up.

It's not a huge deal, but these shows often introduce good characters only to take them away from the environment the audience enjoyed them in, or even worse the backdoor pilots completely sideline the main cast to cameos for a couple episodes.

mob parker

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 08:58:27 AM »
Brilliant.
post a shoe on your head doing 150 push-ups or your lying. that's how it's done around here no?

Broken spirited House negroes usually despise Black people with dignity and self respect.

Your busted mug could make anyone shiver, but as ugly as you are it's nothing compared to your stupidity.

herochat

• +103/-80
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 03:22:09 AM »
Super excited to start season 4 on Netflix. This is easily one of my favorite shows ever.

As an aside, my weird version of autism frequently compels me to do deep dives on everything I'm even remotely interested in. So as I as doing a deep dive on the guy who plays Baz, aka this guy

aka my favorite character, I discovered that irl Bazzel Baz (yeah that's his real name. Fucking awesome) was the Captain of a counter-terrorism unit in the Marines, then a Special Ops officer for the CIA, then he founded the Association For The Recovery of Children which has a 100% success rate at recovering missing and abducted children all over the world.

This man is amazing, and his real life credibility makes me love his character and the show even more.
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.