Herochat

Superstar shake-up thoughts.

Propeus The Fallen

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
Superstar shake-up thoughts.
« on: April 17, 2019, 10:20:20 AM »
Well, it's time for the annual wrestler swap. And what is everyone's thoughts.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/ongoing-list-roster-changes-night-two-superstar-shakeup/

SMACKDOWN:

Finn Balor: Well, if he's ever going to have a chance to be a big star, here it is. RAW is just too crammed and poorly booked. And poor Amos. He gets to beat the IC champ--and he moves over to the next brand.

Lars Sullivan: I originally thought the big guy who came over to dominate would be Strowman--but that would involve pushing or doing something constructive with Braun so I should have known better. And this is probably the best place for Lars since his panic attack. It's a much better environment for him. And...he really gets to stand out since Smackdown isn't loaded with monsters. Plus, he did destroy Mysterio. So I'll overlook what he did to R-Truth.

Ember Moon: Great move and the Smackdown female roster is stacked!

Bayley: Ugh. Well, I was expecting Corbin or Mahal so I guess it's not so bad. I just don't get the appeal about her. But she's solid. She needs a heel turn though.

Kairi Sane: Before I begin, I love her theme music. And I remember her from LU and the recent NXT Best of Takeover DVD I got--which everyone should buy. It's an amazing collection. Again, the Smackdown's women's division is going to be awesome. I don't like Asuka being in a tag team, but both of them being managed by Paige is extremely smart.

Buddy Murphy: Never seen a match from the guy, but all I hear is good things. We'll see. Again, the best environment for him.

Elias: I wish they would just turn this guy babyface--not a brief run to job out to Baron Corbin for some ungodly reason. And again, he has a chance on this brand because RAW is so bloated. And hey maybe he can finally not be the guy who talks only to get beat up by.

Oh.

Roman Reigns: I know a lot of people probably don't like this. I don't have a problem with Roman. My problem is with WWE booking. And now he's on the good staff. And they already did what should have been done: Walk out, kick ass, give a badass one liner. That easily tops all his RAW booking.

Mickie James: Eh. About the same as RAW only with more logic to it.

Liv Morgan: George the Animal Steele's bastard offspring. The Jobber Squad needed to be broke up because they are a joke. Originally, I thought Ruby would be moving to Smackdown, but--damn RAW's women's division sucks. They need someone.

Chad Gable: THANK GOD! This guy is super talented and he never gets to show it. Book him as the underdog who overcomes though determination and skill.

And seriously, RAW bookers, you didn't think THIS GUY could be the son of Kurt Angle instead of the black guy? Wow, speaking of him, WTF is he? And what's his name again?

Apollo Crews. Talented guy but not good on charisma or the mic. He has a chance because of the smaller Smackdown roster, but I don't think the wins and losses will be different.

Heavy Machinery: Well, its nice to see two out of all the NXT free agents decide to go to Smackdown. And I like these two. The tag Division is pretty good, but not bloated. Plus, I don't care about the Hardyz until Matt gets woken and Jeff becomes obsolete.

Huh, I just noticed that Smackdown has the IC and US belt. Y'know this could be a good chance for RAW to make the Universal Championship actually important. You could book it where Seth now has to deal with everyone because their is no secondary belt. All the single wrestles are gunning for him. If this was properly booked, this could be a great way to involve the entire roster and give the Universal belt some much needed cred after Brock took it on hiatus for about five years.

Or they'll just move Samoa Joe over to RAW because they're lazy a-holes and just stay the course they've been trending that has cost them more and more ratings and subscriptions. :)

RAW

Miz: I honestly thought he'd stick to Smackdown because his show comes on right after--but that's logical thinking. That's what messed me up. And I don't have a problem with this. I like the Miz but--if it gets Shane McMahon off on Smackdown I'm cool with losing him.

And how the hell did Shane's punches bust Miz open? Maybe he actually does channel his chi and he doesn't connect on purpose because it would explode the opponent ala Fist of the Northstar...?

Allister Black: Okay, I finally watched my first bit of NXT from Best of NXT Takeover and--this guy is awesome, great gimmick, awesome in the ring. And damn if him and Ricochet are being booked wrong. They should not be a tag team. Both can be major stars if given a chance. And I wish one of them had ended up on Smackdown so they are in a smaller pool and have a chance to move up because--well, RAW is stacked. That's always been the problem. Too many stars and bad booking not knowing how to manage the roster. I hope I'm wrong, but...there is a reason you have guys like AJ, Kofi, and Becky becoming the most popular in the WWE.

Ricochet: See above mostly. He's being wasted in the tag division. He's too damn good not to be pushed as a major star. Damn if just one of these two, just one, had gone to Smackdown where they could have excelled and stood out. Dammit. I don't know what can be worse.

The Viking--no, no. They're the War Raiders. None of that Vince. STUPID BAD VINCE! These guys are amazing. The things they do is unreal. But that name is just--it's going to kill them. Like being stuck with Maverick killed the AOP. And I don't get the name change. Is it because "War" is in the name. So what? Children's cartoon are no allowed to say the word "kill" now.

Andrade: This guy is super talented but on Smackdown he became the guy who could give a good match, but lose. All the time. Is this a good move for him? I think he'll be where he was on Smackdown sadly.

Cedric Alexander: I've seen him in ROH. I think RAW's trying to pull an Ali buy dipping into the Cruiserweights. The problem? Smackdown has intelligent booking (barring Vince insanity) and he could move up because it's a smaller roster. On RAW? Just good on Wiki and look at this roster. I mean, frig. Best of luck.

Rey Mysterio: Oh, so Andrade can job to him some more. Nice. Stupid masked midget.

Usos: RAWs tag team division is pretty awesome right now. The Usos are one of the best teams in WWE history. Yeah, I said it. All they do is knocked what ever gimmick they have out of the park and put on great matches.

Naomi: Well, she's already the current top RAW women's wrestler so that's something.

Eric Young: Good guy Insanity. Honestly Dillian is the only guy who is worth a flip so why not? He'll be a job guy.

Lacy Evans: Well, she's got a cool moonsault for a finisher. As for the rest...it's a work in progress.

So of course they book her as Becky's next challenge....dummies.

AJ Styles: Hey, no Reigns so he actually has a shot to be the top star! Guy is insanely talented and always over. He makes everyone in the ring with him better.

EC3. He's dead. The guy has it: Look, charisma, ability, but now he's a jobber mute. If I had to guess, Vince saw he was shorter than Ambrose and went "Nope." I wish he was on Smackdown because he could have filled the elitist a-hole Miz left behind.

Nikki Cross currently isn't on any brand but I'm guess she'll be on RAW because--they gotta get some bodies there. And--how the hell do you not have her in a brand? That's almost as dumb as having Drew McIntyre leave a match his team was going to lose? WHY HAVE HIM IN THE MATCH TO BEGIN WITH?!!?

No wonder Road Dog quit. And, speaking off...I'm sorry, RD. Yeah, you were bad early one, but you pulled it together and made Smackdown an enjoyable watch. And considering you have an out of touch, insane creeper like Vince changing all your short and long term plans--you did the best you could and I appreciate that. :)

altoon

• +12/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar shake-up thoughts.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 01:59:50 PM »
I still haven't gotten over the Viking experience.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 05:35:45 PM »
nor should you

and ya know prop, I forgot Jason Jordan's name as well. I was asking a buddy of mine at work where he is, and my friend said that Jordan may never be back. Apparently he's had a pretty bad neck injury....like father, like son? Think about it won't you?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 05:37:33 PM by HalloweenJack »

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 10:49:06 PM »
^^^mind. blown.

therock

• +65/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 12:23:42 AM »
Bayley isn't bad.  It just they at times made her character looked weak without Sasha. And stop having her get owned by Alexis Bliss.  If they going to keep that rvialy up..got to let the lady get a win in..otherwise why take it seriously

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 02:43:35 PM »
Bayley's not bad at all, they just fucked her up from the get go on her call up.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 04:06:38 PM »
She needs a new gimmick. I get she’s kid friendly, but she’s not Cena, sales wise; they can afford to change her up.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 09:37:17 AM »
The gimmick works, but they need to actually write her how she was in NXT to be a genuine babyface as she was there. As soon as she got to the main roster, they made her the usual swarmy passive aggressive face that everybody is.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 07:23:23 PM »
Maybe its just me then. I’m not a hugger.

Not BAMF

• +23/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 09:00:57 AM »
Joe is going to get fed to Braun.

Fuck that. I'd LOVE for Joe to beat him clean.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2019/04/23/show-4-23-19-the-avengers-quiz-show/ (A review of NextWave, and our MCU quiz challenge!)

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +15/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 11:49:41 PM »

It's not just you.

Nothing against Bayley and I'm not advocating she be wrecked. But her mic skills are poor, and her character doesn't appeal to me. Could never get with the notion of how she was rated by many as superior to Becky Lynch as a top face main roster prospect not so long ago. Of the four horsewomen, I saw her as having the lowest potential ceiling.
Avatar : Glynis Barber, as Harriet Makepeace
Sig : Casi Davis, as Cammy White

Propeus The Fallen

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 03:55:31 AM »
Just I haven't been impressed with her. I mean, yeah, RAW booking hasn't done her any good, but it's not like she's lighting up the ring or anything.

And new notes.

Becky Lynch is officially on the RAW BRAND...which is dumb because-WTF is she supposed to do there? Feud with Nattie, Dana Brook? And, am I the only one who notices how different Becky is from each show. Like how Smackdown Becky wouldn't have taken Nattie interrupting her like how Smackdown Becky shot back at Bayley "What, you come for a hug?"

Andrade has been moved back to Smackdown because he finally found someone he can beat and like hell is he going to let Finn go!

Alester Black is now on Smackdown. Yep. Breaking up another tag team, but since Ricochet just jobbed to Roode's mustache, Black  lucked out. And I expect big things from him.

Cesar is now RAW: And proved my point about Cedric Alexander.

Samoa Joe is now RAW: Hah! Called it. Anyway, he's going to get fed to Braun. Heck, he already got to take the pin on RAW.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 05:38:53 AM »

It's not just you.

Nothing against Bayley and I'm not advocating she be wrecked. But her mic skills are poor, and her character doesn't appeal to me. Could never get with the notion of how she was rated by many as superior to Becky Lynch as a top face main roster prospect not so long ago. Of the four horsewomen, I saw her as having the lowest potential ceiling.
To quote the Authority she’s a solid B+ player. Nothing wrong w. that. She’s on deck if there’s a slew of bad luck/injuries in the division and a viable champ’s needed to fill the void.
She’s cute and seems geniinely nice, but thats just enough.

Joe is going to get fed to Braun.

Fuck that. I'd LOVE for Joe to beat him clean.
Samoa Joe is now RAW: Hah! Called it. Anyway, he's going to get fed to Braun. Heck, he already got to take the pin on RAW.
Yeah i dont see the point of Braun even winning, if he’s going to just keep spinning his wheels in the midcard scene.
WWE ruined his momentum not letting him beat lesnar and he’s done shit all since.
Joe in the other hand, is still exciting, but if he jobs immediately after winning his first title it took him like 2 years to even get...?

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 05:36:19 PM »
they moved Andrade back to Smackdown because Fox wants a Latino presence for Smackdown this Fall.

Also because he's dating Charlotte.

Riv1

• +78/-1066
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 07:32:59 PM »
Guess SHE wants a latino presence in HER.